Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i spoke to the SA today and he mentioned a few things to me which id love to see if anyone on here could confirm they have recieved the same info.
OD for my 3 was 31.01 and my Y 10.06 at 10.45. NO vins for either.

HE mentioned that several “thousand“ vins will get assidned prior to end of the month.
Deliveries will happen AFTER august and more likely early to mid september….
If you do not get a vin by the end of the month dont expect a car before december…. :/

Lastly he expects vins to start coming out again next week.

so i spoke to the SA today and he mentioned a few things to me which id love to see if anyone on here could confirm they have recieved the same info.

HE mentioned that several “thousand“ vins will get assidned prior to end of the month.
If you do not get a vin by the end of the month dont expect a car before december…. :/

Did u ask where he got the info from? SA always to optimistic, I got a test drive booked tomorrow for MY, if I ask the SA I bet he will sound very promising about my order.

I can't see a VIN being allocated in July for a December delivery, just too long between allocation and delivery. VIN is allocated after build and based on this logic there would be cars sitting around for months just waiting for pickup and delivery

I can't see a VIN being allocated in July for a December delivery, just too long between allocation and delivery. VIN is allocated after build and based on this logic there would be cars sitting around for months just waiting for pickup and delivery
I think @Jarrodbarr was saying if you don't get a Vin in July don't expect a car before December

Once again the SA feedback coming in all shapes and sizes. Some of what he says makes sense. If you don't get a vin in this quarter's production, you won't get one until Q4. Just depends how many they make this export run this quarter. Though Elon was talking about moving away from the current production and delivery method this quarter so even that might be based on old methods.

My SA's advice has consistently been that they have access to the exact same order page/info as us and they have no communication about production at all from any source. I believe her. Haven't talked to her in a while though.

Yeah that does not make any sense.
If you don't get a VIN in July, you can still easily get your car before December, given there are no more delays from COVID.
(Jan-March orders)
We may just have to wait and see what unfolds over the next few weeks. All previous patterns could be out the window...

'Easily' is a word I no longer associate with Tesla 😆

So I interpret that as:
  • VINs to start coming out again 11/07
  • Several thousand VINs will get assigned (~785 x [number of production days] of M3s)
  • If no VIN by COB 31/07 then you wont get a Q3 delivery - look to Q4 instead
  • Delivery for those with VINs early to mid September

We will see what starts coming out, but counter to that we have:
  • Some VINs already assigned
  • VINs already assigned have delivery dates for mid August
  • M3 line shutdown 18/07 - 6/8

Some of those conflict or constrain each other. eg if no VIN by 31/07 ... - half of that time the line is shutdown so clearly end of month isnt the absolute limit. Delivery early to mid September vs already notified delivery time frames (mid August) - possible different vessels?

Either way the next few weeks will be exciting.

Yeah that does not make any sense.
If you don't get a VIN in July, you can still easily get your car before December, given there are no more delays from COVID.
(Jan-March orders)
I think maybe this Q is weird too. After this next run, M3 production is shut until August so i'm guessing they will go domestic for the last (bit less than) 2 months. We might get a bit right at the end of Q3 similar to Q2. But yep, with increased production they will be catching up and shortening wait times by then.

There's no way to know when shipping will happen in Q4 either because the schedules aren't even out yet.

Reactions: Ormaus
My SA's advice has consistently been that they have access to the exact same order page/info as us and they have no communication about production at all from any source. I believe her. Haven't talked to her in a while though.
That is likely true of official sources, but if someone stays in an organisation for long enough unofficial sources start to emerge between employees as relationships are established.

Whether this info is solid or just internal grapevine brown sticky stuff remains to be seen.

A bit over exaggeration ruling out November.

Aus cars are typically produced in the first month and delivered in the latter half of the quarter.

So produced in July, delivered in mid-late Aug through to late Sep.

In this quarter it seems (probably due to the scheduled shutdown) they actually started production late June and VINs have been distributed very early (almost on build commencement or completion). And it appears some cars might leave Shanghai early July for potential early-Aug deliveries.

If you miss 3Q, then 4Q will likely follow the similar pattern with deliveries in November and December.

I really want my order to be in this batch but I suspect it will be in the December shipment.

I ordered just after it changed to 6-9 months. September would be 6, so It’s possible but I think it will be December.
I ordered around the same time and my SA said even back then that I should expect it would be in the Q4 batch. I think this is most likely

Let's hope this is true. Been patiently waiting since 2/2 after expecting a 14-20week delivery..

M3P b/b, aug-oct est delivery on the app
I understand you may have been waiting patiently but unfortunately, your order date of 2/2 is far from the front of the queue for a performance. I Oder a P on the 21/12 and there appears to be many in front of me. I think Q4 appears to be more likely, so just on 12 months, compared to 12 weeks, upon placing order. Good luck