Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Gen 3 charger installed today.. the 'want' for my car has grown big time now. The charger looks far too lonely!!
20220718_140025.jpg

Surely that's not all the cars! Nooooooo.
If it is then the production line closed early or every car produced on the 16th and 17th went to people not on here or updating the tracker.
There was one car reported in the tracker built on the 16th July and it was a RWD, I'm hopeful they produced 2 days worth of RWDs which would be all of these January and February orders most likely. In the past VINs have been assigned when on the ship so there is plenty of time to find out. Some drone footage at the end of this week will give us an idea of how many cars were produced.

If that's it for Model 3 production until post shutdown (expected to be back 6/8/22) when would they likely produce our cars? What is the production schedule normally for Model 3's for Australia in previous quarters? Do they produce our cars at the start of each month for the first two months of the quarter?

Reactions: penn_
If that's it for Model 3 production until post shutdown (expected to be back 6/8/22) when would they likely produce our cars? What is the production schedule normally for Model 3's for Australia in previous quarters? Do they produce our cars at the start of each month for the first two months of the quarter?
After the upgrade, the production capacity will increase by 2000 per week and your question won't be relevant anymore. Even the increased capacity of a single week is well over Australia's monthly demand.

• Disagree
Reactions: axelfair89
After the upgrade, the production capacity will increase by 2000 per week and your question won't be relevant anymore. Even the increased capacity of a single week is well over Australia's monthly demand.
My question is still relevant as I asked when they are likely to produce our cars.. In previous quarters from memory they only produce for Oz in the first few days of each month, the last month is reserved for domestic.

My question is still relevant as I asked when they are likely to produce our cars.. In previous quarters from memory they only produce for Oz in the first few days of each month, the last month is reserved for domestic.
What I am saying is that our previous knowledge or experience won't be applicable anymore... You won't know if they are going to increase the per-country production allocation proportionally or change all the previous schedules entirely given they would have way more capacity.

• Funny
Reactions: axelfair89
The consensus seems to be that Shanghai builds cars for AU/NZ during the start of each quarter so they can ship the cars and have owners take delivery before the end of each quarter. If this is the case, one could speculate that when M3 production resumes at the end of July / start of August (assuming a 2-week shutdown from about now), the vehicles they manufacture during the remainder of Q3 may not be for this part of the world. We may need to wait for the October builds of the M3, i.e. the Q4 builds.

Having said that, I hope I'm totally wrong and magically Shanghai can put a big dent in the Q1 orders and we get our VINs soon.

The consensus seems to be that Shanghai builds cars for AU/NZ during the start of each quarter so they can ship the cars and have owners take delivery before the end of each quarter. If this is the case, one could speculate that when M3 production resumes at the end of July / start of August (assuming a 2-week shutdown from about now), the vehicles they manufacture during the remainder of Q3 may not be for this part of the world. We may need to wait for the October builds of the M3, i.e. the Q4 builds.

Having said that, I hope I'm totally wrong and magically Shanghai can put a big dent in the Q1 orders and we get our VINs soon.
What you said makes much business sense, as even if they re-started their production on the 6th of August, they won't be able to deliver to us before the end of September. It is better for Tesla to manufacture for local markets which could be delivered within days.

I guess we can only hope for November deliveries now. My Model Y performance might be able to deliver before the Model 3.

Last edited:
I hear ya. I’ve been doing the same, where the sane part of me says “you know there won’t be any changes for you” but the other part of me says ”you never know, it may happen today”. 😋
Yes I am the same , desperately hoping somehow my March 13 order magically was filled , ignoring the "you know there won't be any changes for months voice depressingly whispering to me "... So good luck to everyone and glad to know there are others like me out there👍

What you said makes much business sense, as even if they re-started their production on the 6th of August, they won't be able to deliver before the end of September. It is better for Tesla to manufacture for local markets which could be delivered within days.

I guess we can only hope for November deliveries now. My Model Y performance might be able to deliver before the Model 3.
That is exactly what I am thinking, hoping these shipments clear out the orders up to March and March orders onwards are in next quarter allocation meaning the November range of August-November delivery time is when I hope to receive notice🤞Especially as my car rego runs out in December.