Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done any sort of analysis of expected output of known AU productions days v known vin allocations? Obviously there would be a lot of extrapolation and guess work, but I would be interested to see if the known production is accounted for with VINs or if there are still vins to be allocated either at sea or waiting at the factory or dock.
Surely the @Vedaprime's of the world would have some insight into this 👀

Dies anyone else find it hard to believe that in 2 shiploads of cars there would only be 25 odd days worth of RWDs?
Not at all. Those ships will also be delivering Model Y's, cars from other manufacturers, forklifts, trucks, buses, anything else with wheels, and some of those to NZ. Tesla had a backlog of M3 LR and P orders to fill (back to Nov 21) for AU/NZ and seems to have been tying to do that within their production capacity and the space they could secure of these scheduled RORO services. Not a surprise that more recent M3 orders did not make it in this run.

So I reached out to my SA as I still cant find my VIN and was starting to get worried. Theyve advised I have one. Kinda odd given I can't see it with either of the known methods.
Either way away we go :D
Someone mentioned they had a second Tesla account and their order (which never appeared) was on an old account they created years ago. Any chance of something similar?

Reactions: axelfair89
My EDD has come forward from 23/08-05/09 to 08/08-22/08. (Still no invoice and received hidden VIN last Sunday)

Can the shipping experts here advise what vessel that might be on? To my novice eye, it looks like potentially Morning Clara arriving PK 29/07?

wow what are the chances 😂
proxy-image.jpg

:p

I have some new charts from the Spreadsheet data. These can be viewed in the Spreadsheet itself, and will update as more people enter their order details.

1658464848390.png

1658464866039.png

1658464883186.png

1658464895780.png

I'm going to add some more charts to highlight the difference between orders placed vs. orders with VINs - hopefully a visualisation of the different data points (Trim, Paint Colour, State) - and whether any conclusions can be drawn from the data point and VIN allocation.