Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess it depends on people's borrowing capacity, but that's a difference of $100-$200 a month right? Might be enough to push people to reconsider?
No where near that much. My loan with Macquarie increased $14 a week ($60 month) with the jump from 2.99 to 4.99%. If the interest rate rise is causing anyone to rethink their purchase, then they probably shouldn't have been buying in the first place.

No where near that much. My loan with Macquarie increased $14 a week ($60 month) with the jump from 2.99 to 4.99%. If the interest rate rise is causing anyone to rethink their purchase, then they probably shouldn't have been buying in the first place.
I was going for the worst case.

I agree - if someone is going to struggle paying off a loan when it increases by that much they should consider if this is the right thing to do!

for me it’s gone from paying 3700 interest vs 8,000 over the 4 years, wouldn’t say that’s nothing

At the same time my mortgage has also gone up another couple hundred a month too

Is there anyone in this forum with RWD EDD within this quarter? i.e. range ending with Sep or Oct? I cannot see EDD in the spreadsheet. The reason I ask, is if we still have people with EDD range ending with Sep or Oct, then there is a possibility that RWDs (already manufactured prior to line shutdown) will be put on ship this quarter before next batch of AU export begins production in start of Q4.

Is there anyone in this forum with RWD EDD within this quarter? i.e. range ending with Sep or Oct? I cannot see EDD in the spreadsheet. The reason I ask, is if we still have people with EDD range ending with Sep or Oct, then there is a possibility that RWDs (already manufactured prior to line shutdown) will be put on ship this quarter before next batch of AU export begins production in start of Q4.
There are a lot of people with an EDD range ending in November.

I think I’m one of them with an OD of 25/3 however since Adelaide doesn’t have a delivery centre I don’t have an EDD.

I saw another user with an order date 23/3 and he had an EDD September-November so I’m just assuming that I’m the same.

My OD is 6/2 and my EDD is August to November. My understanding is that this is the EDD for all RWDs ordered before me as well. I'm now pessimistically thinking this is because Tesla knew they were making LRs and Ps first and wanted to cover themselves for the likelihood we wouldn't get RWDs in Q3.

Reactions: j4rryd
I know it's speculation, but is the general consensus that people are expecting that there are not going to be any further VINs assigned for a few months now for Australian RWD orders?
Same here. OD 03FEB RWD. I wonder if the EDD will update from Aug-Nov to something else once August has come and gone?
I sure hope so! Annoying that the model Ys will arrive before ours

Reactions: axelfair89
I know it's speculation, but is the general consensus that people are expecting that there are not going to be any further VINs assigned for a few months now for Australian RWD orders?
Only from those with a negative view.

There are two ships that could transport in mid-Aug giving time after the 3 line reopens and arrive into PK early September.

Tesla Chair has stated that Australia will do 20k cars this half.
I read that roughly 3 quarters x 4000 3s and 2 quarters x 4000 Ys.

Reactions: FlyingKiwi
Optimistically, I'm hoping for some M3 RWD VINs this weekend. Hey, I'd even be happy if the VIN allocations didn't reach my order date of 19/2, as long as we see some movement this weekend for folks further back in the queue than me. At least we could all see some M3 RWD progress.

The above is my heart speaking. My brain says ... "Nope, not going to happen mate - it's looking like September"

BTW, it's 11:45. Only 45 minutes to go until 12:30. Stop it heart ... listen to your brain !!!