Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla must be wrong then mate and you must be right 👏
Of course Tesla's not wrong, you're looking at Tesla's HPWC manual and as I said, the HPWC is capable of delivering 32A on each phase.

It's the car that can't go higher - see from Tesla's Wall Connector page on their site, in particular the note at the bottom. It doesn't say so, but the 16A three-phase limit also applies to two phases.

1658811110621.png

FYI, my earlier post (wanting to end my Macquarie pre-approval at 2.99% which ends in September, since I know the car won't arrive before then, so I could lock in the current rate). I've been informed by Macquarie this isn't possible. So when my approval ends in September, I'll have to reapply at whatever the rate is by then.

YMMV, but the individual I talked to indicated that once I had a VIN and Tesla did the final invoice, that is when they could release the funds - even though it effectively means beginning to pay back a loan on a car before you have the car.

FYI, my earlier post (wanting to end my Macquarie pre-approval at 2.99% which ends in September, since I know the car won't arrive before then, so I could lock in the current rate). I've been informed by Macquarie this isn't possible. So when my approval ends in September, I'll have to reapply at whatever the rate is by then.

YMMV, but the individual I talked to indicated that once I had a VIN and Tesla did the final invoice, that is when they could release the funds - even though it effectively means beginning to pay back a loan on a car before you have the car.
When I applied through Macq, they said the payment couldn't be paid before car arrives, which would lock in lower rate.

Recently the rep said they push the funds over 2 days before pickup, I need to do my bit about a week before...

The HPWC manual says 2 phase at 25amps will supply Power Output of 11.5kW

Would this work for Model 3 giving it the 11kW max speed charge?
The Note above the table reads: Some Tesla vehicles may draw less current than the maximum output. Actual charging rate depends on the Wall Connector output and onboard charger in the vehicle. See Tesla website for vehicle specifications.
Thats the catch, the onboard charger in a model 3 supports only up to 16A in multi phase charging.

I got an email from Macquarie saying my loan is about to expire and they gave me the opportunity to extend for 90 days. If you haven't done so already, maybe check if that is possible?

My 90 day extension, if successful, will end in October so I hope I have the car before then (even though I know its not likely).

Reactions: Peersee
Thanks - I've been wondering about the quality of the 3rd party products. The oem boot liner is $200+ alone vs $100 for the 3 peice set. But they look fairly good quality in your pic.
All the Tessories stuff I've bought has been good, and if you have any issues their support is very good.
So the unicorn and earlier SR+ had the Perf rear motor?
I've been driving my Unicorn in Chill mode for the past few months, more than enough performance to get you into plenty of trouble. Yesterday I had a BMW next to me at the lights that I needed to get ahead of, and so I switched back to Standard. I was surprised after all these months at the difference in the initial kick, it's brutal compared to running it Chill which is no slouch.

All the Tessories stuff I've bought has been good, and if you have any issues their support is very good.

I've been driving my Unicorn in Chill mode for the past few months, more than enough performance to get you into plenty of trouble. Yesterday I had a BMW next to me at the lights that I needed to get ahead of, and so I switched back to Standard. I was surprised after all these months at the difference in the initial kick, it's brutal compared to running it Chill which is no slouch.
“…. needed to get ahead of…” WHY so, prey tell??