Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The UMC is 11km/h and the single phase is 42km/hr. I have seen 43 or 44. Of course these values are less as it reaches maximum.
I installed the 15amp GPO and i charge at up to 18 kmh per hour 3kW+ charge from 50-90% overnight with ease.
Very cheap solution if your GPO wiring and breaker allows it. Than its a $15 15amp GPO from Bunnings. My spark did for free while doing other work in the house.

Reactions: Ormaus and PcS000
I tested my newly installed Wall Connector, which is on a single phase 32A circuit, this is what the car reported.
View attachment 837856

As you can see, the battery was half full so it was probably running at the peak charge rate.

Maybe the 43 or 44km/h rate is average over a full charge, including the slowdown towards the end?
That’s quite quick. I wonder what it would be doing on 3phase 32A. Smoking quick really. I’ve currently got mine set at 3phase 20A - but of course no car to test it with.

Thanks for posting this.

Happy we might get our cars day now the factory's re-open! Woo hoo
We don't have confirmation that the line is resumed. There's been a date thrown around here, which was contentious even before upgrades began. There's also this false idea that VINs are assigned around 12.30, which is evidently false.

There are a lots of throw away comments on here that become "stated fact" after a page or two, with lack of supporting evidence and often even in the face of evidence against it. Just sets people up for disappointment.

TLDR, temper your expectations

That’s quite quick. I wonder what it would be doing on 3phase 32A. Smoking quick really. I’ve currently got mine set at 3phase 20A - but of course no car to test it with.

Thanks for posting this.
Yes very interesting. I only want to charge at a rate that wont exceed my solar rate during the day (when the sun is out) and at night when on off peak (timed meter usage) so would like to set a "schedule" for the Tesla wall charger but when on a road trip this will be different. Looks like only the car can manage a schedule and not the wall charger. Is that right?

Reactions: BareFeetTom
Yes very interesting. I only want to charge at a rate that wont exceed my solar rate during the day (when the sun is out) and at night when on off peak (timed meter usage) so would like to set a "schedule" for the Tesla wall charger but when on a road trip this will be different. Looks like only the car can manage a schedule and not the wall charger. Is that right?
That is correct, but the car associates the schedule with a particular location. I have a schedule set at home, but if go plug in at the free chargers at the shopping mall down the road it doesn't apply the schedule.

Yes... But. UK has recently got Wall charger firmware that allows scheduling in the wall charger (but like all Tesla software it's a bit of an unfinished hack) and there are other methods using the car API to control charging windows.

Take a look at ChargeHQ. If you have a compatable Solar system it can manage the solar load to the car using API's.

Last edited:
Have a look at Charge HQ - EV Smart Charging App Dynamically adjusts charging rate to use only excess solar. No hardware required and works with any charger because adjustment is done through the car. Only real limitation is it only works with a limited number of solar inverters

We don't have confirmation that the line is resumed. There's been a date thrown around here, which was contentious even before upgrades began. There's also this false idea that VINs are assigned around 12.30, which is evidently false.

There are a lots of throw away comments on here that become "stated fact" after a page or two, with lack of supporting evidence and often even in the face of evidence against it. Just sets people up for disappointment.

TLDR, temper your expectations
You are absolutely right. There's no absolute confirmation that the upgrade has been finished and since Model y has finished the upgrade a couple of days earlier, there's an even chance of being early or late.

12:30 pm VIN allocation was a joke from the beginning but I like to tell it again and again.

Finger crossed at 12:30 pm today again.