Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have picked up their Teslas already, how soon after receiving this text do you receive the SMS to actually book in a delivery date & time? 😅
01B41579-6E2A-4450-9B45-8D07417612F7.jpeg

Reactions: Bassey
Highly recommend that anyone having any fear or doubts about the car go for another test drive. Happened to have the day off and had an itch I needed to scratch so organised with my SA to take an hour long test drive. By god it's so much fun and that extra bit of time actually lets you get a feel for how the car works. It will be worth the wait.
I hired the car while in California for a week. It was a great drive and confirmed to me that my order was a good idea.

My order date was March 20, so the EDD is still saying "6-9 months". I'm excited to watch the progress on all the cars currently shipping because Tesla need to catch up on a backlog if I'm going to get a Q4 delivery as anticipated.

Having the long EDD right from the start completely alters the psychology of the wait. I feel for those of you who ordered 8 months ago and expected an 8-week wait! In my situation I can somewhat understand Tesla being less communicative and responsive than we'd all like. When a company is so dramatically supply constrained rather than demand constrained, it makes business sense to focus all efforts on actually building and delivering product. It's not so good for us on the waiting list, but Tesla doesn't really need to "keep all of us happy" when there is such a keen waiting list.

Having said that, for a company that doesn't use conventional advertising I think Tesla would be smart to do something to help restore a bit of customer positivity for all of you who have endured a massive blow out in delivery time. I'd be on board with them offering some months of premium connectivity or free supercharging!
They have no need to “restore customer positivity”, they have an excess of that, as well as huge orders. It’s just not going to happen.