Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Just as a general question, what are your thoughts about LR/P cars nca batteries having cobalt in them. I see the cobalt mining documentaries and its genuinely heart wrenching. Here's one.

Is it something you actively not try to think about?

P.s not guilt farming, just curious on your thoughts

Last edited:
Reactions: kpdog
No where near an issue. I ordered my sr+ in March, still waiting for it.
But I have spent over 5 k on accessories for it already. (Including gen3 wall charger)
My list is very long so I won't post it.
I think this is Teslas sales technique ..... delay delivery till you've looked all those accessories and thought long and hard. Like putting the milk at the back of the corner shop....and its working!!!

I was thinking about trying one these out
I got these back of seat protectors from a recommendation from a mate. Apparently great if you have small kids which I do who love to put their feet up on the back of the seats. Stops the plastic backs getting scratched and dirty. On my mates 3 they look 90% factory.

Anyone who has had plastic back seats and kids knows what I'm talking about.

I have the boot rear seat protectors

What was your order date? Could you possibly add your dates / build details to your signature block please?
Had you already paid?
Hi Luddo, will try and add my details to my signature block now.

My order date was 05/02 (originally it was 22/01, but changed order from RWD to LR, so order date changed).

Yes, car is fully paid for. Tesla actually owes me money now (my deposit) haha. As I went Novated Lease route, as I feel the FBT will be passed.

Reactions: Luddo
Back to ship tracking Viking Pasama arriving in Melbourne soon 🥹

54955905-1747-4BAC-A820-933C7A3B89CB.jpeg

Morning Crystal just left Port Kembla right on its heels having lost about 1 m of draught there 🥳

75CD8A0F-2253-405E-99B2-1855E3E5D1F7.jpeg

Use this site to track Free AIS Ship Tracker - VesselFinder

Last edited:
Reactions: CompleteMuppit
Few reasons.
Fair enough. If you drive rural regularly then the 50% faster charge on the Juice Booster could make a big difference if you're charging in the middle of the day. Overnight you should be able to recharge on the UMC.

With regard to space, not sure what vehicle you're coming from (I think you mentioned VW in a previous post) - bear in mind you have the frunk and sub-boot for storing things as well. Though if travelling rural regularly I'm guessing part of your boot space might be for a spare wheel?

Had my Gen 3 Wall Connector installed yesterday and thought I would share for those who are about to do the same.
I had our local electrician who had never installed an EV charger before and my wall connector was installed right next to my panel so should give an idea of a base line for time and cost.
It took around 2 hours to him to install and then about 15 minutes for us both to go through the commission process for the grand total of $350 dollars. As I mentioned, this was right next to our panel so there was minimal (about 1.5m) of cabling/conduit, and we did not upgrade any of the incoming power and stuck with the single phase.
Hope this helps with shopping around for pricing.

Not sure if this is a me problem or just because the system hasn’t got round to forecasting my EDD because it’s still so far out. But, when I login to my account, (web or mobile app) all I have is the order number, completed and next steps detail, and I’m up to the “Preparing for Delivery” stage. All my details for the rego etc have been entered. I can’t see an EDD anywhere. Only calling it out because it seems some people have really long timeframes like 6-9 months, but at least they have something, I can’t see anything at all. Order date was April ‘22. Should I be able to see an EDD somewhere?

Had my Gen 3 Wall Connector installed yesterday and thought I would share for those who are about to do the same.
I had our local electrician who had never installed an EV charger before and my wall connector was installed right next to my panel so should give an idea of a base line for time and cost.
It took around 2 hours to him to install and then about 15 minutes for us both to go through the commission process for the grand total of $350 dollars. As I mentioned, this was right next to our panel so there was minimal (about 1.5m) of cabling/conduit, and we did not upgrade any of the incoming power and stuck with the single phase.
Hope this helps with shopping around for pricing.
Sounds about right I had a 32AMP single phase installed in my garage when I upgraded my solar. The conduit length was around 15 m or so through 2nd floor ceiling including cost of breaker and 32AMP angle phase outlet $540 👍

Reactions: M_Harps
Not sure if this is a me problem or just because the system hasn’t got round to forecasting my EDD because it’s still so far out. But, when I login to my account, (web or mobile app) all I have is the order number, completed and next steps detail, and I’m up to the “Preparing for Delivery” stage. All my details for the rego etc have been entered. I can’t see an EDD anywhere. Only calling it out because it seems some people have really long timeframes like 6-9 months, but at least they have something, I can’t see anything at all. Order date was April ‘22. Should I be able to see an EDD somewhere?
Are you outside of a major city and will be getting the car delivered? In that case I understand it won't show an EDD