Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough. If you drive rural regularly then the 50% faster charge on the Juice Booster could make a big difference if you're charging in the middle of the day. Overnight you should be able to recharge on the UMC.

With regard to space, not sure what vehicle you're coming from (I think you mentioned VW in a previous post) - bear in mind you have the frunk and sub-boot for storing things as well. Though if travelling rural regularly I'm guessing part of your boot space might be for a spare wheel?
Coming from a Golf Wagon, so significant downsize. Overnight charging is something I will be doing any chance I get, but the issue is getting to the overnight stop in the first place. Just not enough DC charging options around.

It's not something I'm going to be needing on a weekly basis, but we are a single car family, so don't want us to stop doing particular trips because the charging infrastructure isn't in place yet.

I've not bought it yet though, I did price up the extra tails for Type 2 and 10amp last night and the price is making me think twice. I'll be selling the UMC that comes with the car though so I'll claw something back.

Reactions: rtvanda
Mt Morgan.. long story (but I was born in Isa).
Look forward to only work trips Mackay and Cairns.
What routes are you on?
Bummed about inland options thru to Roma
Looks like you could do Townsville to Mt Morgan with a single long stop at QESH Mackay (unless the weather was really against you, and as long as you sit on the speed limit). However two smaller charges (eg Prospine & Carmila as you suggest) is potentially a bit quicker overall because you need to charge right up to 90-95% at Mackay and the charging slows down up that end.

QESH Phase 3 has started construction and opens up a lot of the inland, including Roma.

Anyone got an SMS today for delivery in Melbourne? My EDD is 16/8 to 30/8.
Thanks in advance.
Same as you and everybody else in Melbourne... the part I am annoyed with, the person I know who ordered a Y on that day to get them quickly, has already organised for pickup next week.. yet, here we are, ordered months before hand and haven't heard a thing.. gets frustrating.. 😫

Reactions: De4thsCh1ld
Viking Passama hasn’t docked yet, it’s just sitting there. The Victorian Ports say it is scheduled to dock Saturday morning. So I expect booking SMSs to come out next week
Some vic Teslas have been registered and people have received the text already, this was inline with Viking passama docking at port Kembla.
I am not sure if the cars have unloaded there and will be transported by truck to vic

Okay so according to Armacup we have a ship leaving Shanghai to Aus on the 14th Aug, 17th Aug, 21st Aug and 2nd September. At least one or more is carrying Tesla's with the model Y's EDD.
I know not all will have Tesla's but surely not unreasonable to think that they would be able to get Q1 Orders or at least people who have the Aug-Nov and Aug-Oct out by then. As these boats would mark the end of Q3 delivery. I just wish they could just update us with a simple "hey guys we are on track for Q1 orders or orders up to this date to be delivered by end of Q3"

Coming from a Golf Wagon, so significant downsize. <snip>
I hired a Model 3 for a weekend before placing my order, and I was amazed at the amount of storage space. I filled the bonnet, boot, and under-boot with empty suitcases and bags, and then I moved all those bags across to the BMW 5er wagon that I'll be replacing. The wagon was chock-full! Of course, the shape and access of the storage spaces were quite different, so it does depend on what sort of object you're wanting to pack.

• Informative
Reactions: CMTDad and Ormaus
Did someone say accessories?

Tesla Wall Connector (now installed)
Floor mats (to keep the carpets free of dog hair)
Boot and frunk mats
Boot rear seat protectors
Jack pads
12v tyre pump (I already have a puncture repair kit)
Floor vent grilles
Trunk and frunk hooks
Performance pedals
A couple of cheapo 'coasters' for the cup holders
Console tray
Adhesive wide-view mirrors because the door mirrors themselves are too small
A rather discreet tissue holder, because my wife likes having tissues at hand and I don’t want crappy cardboard boxes on display!
Mudflaps are due to arrive shortly

Post-delivery there'll be window tint and ceramic paint protection. I'm also considering aftermarket wheel covers to replace the Aeros and protect the rims better. Not urgent though.

There's just one thing I ain't got…!

Okay so according to Armacup we have a ship leaving Shanghai to Aus on the 14th Aug, 17th Aug, 21st Aug and 2nd September. At least one or more is carrying Tesla's with the model Y's EDD.
I know not all will have Tesla's but surely not unreasonable to think that they would be able to get Q1 Orders or at least people who have the Aug-Nov and Aug-Oct out by then. As these boats would mark the end of Q3 delivery. I just wish they could just update us with a simple "hey guys we are on track for Q1 orders or orders up to this date to be delivered by end of Q3"
Yeah hence my guesstimate for when we would hear of new VIN allocations around 19/8 (Friday). In the last run of VIN allocations on 15/7 and 16/7 (circa page 500 of this thread) the vessels were set to depart between 14/7 and 19/7. If Tesla allocates model 3's on any of those ships I'd hope that we'd know about it come next weekend!

I've recently (30/7) ordered a Tesla 3 LR White with a delivery date of Feb 2023 - May 2023, but have read that the Giga Factory in Shanghai is going to increase production, could this result in the date coming ahead or is it likely that the production increases has already been allowed for?
Welcome to the Tesla family!

It could happen, but it would be conjecture. Increased production might be focused on other markets instead of ours. Shanghai could lock down again. It's all a bit unknown.

I hope for you that it's sooner rather than later. Don't fall for the trap I did of having a countdown to the beginning of that EDD window - it is disappointing as all sin when that date passes and you realise you know nothing more than you did before. In my case, August 4th was a bad date to track, should have tracked end of November instead. In yours, track to end of May 2023, and hopefully you'll be surprised instead of disappointed.

Reactions: CMTDad and Joutsen
<snip>
I wonder if these dates are why we haven't seen the Aus VIN storm yet since production restarted. A full shipload of Model 3s is less than 2 days production run, and they wouldn't want to have a bunch of RHD cars sitting around clogging the yards before the ship arrives. Hopefully they've scheduled a run of Aus cars just in time for rolling onto the next ship or two!

I wonder if these dates are why we haven't seen the Aus VIN storm yet since production restarted. A full shipload of Model 3s is less than 2 days production run, and they wouldn't want to have a bunch of RHD cars sitting around clogging the yards before the ship arrives. Hopefully they've scheduled a run of Aus cars just in time for rolling onto the next ship or two!
Yeah I agree. Just weird that Model Y's were assigned a couple of days ago now and guesstimating there EDD it looks like they would be on Paglia or Paganella. So with Model 3 line now upgraded and opened you think they would chuck on 3's provided there is room I guess. I got to subscribe to VEDA, they would produce the most viable information, just hesitant to without a VIN. Waiting on Wu Wa next video to so we can see any in the yard. I think he drops it on Friday?

Reactions: axelfair89