Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No not yet. There is a forum page on here specifically relating to this topic. As I understand it, congress are waiting for an economic report to be produced before they read.
I’m going this route too. The legislation has been referred to some senate committee who’s report is due 2nd September. It’ll go through after that. Don’t see any reason for it not to pass.

Paying for the car entirely pre-tax is a no brainer imo!

On another note, my M3LR OD is 7/12/21 and build date 10/7. I seem to be the only one who hasn’t received the text or RAV. What a joke. *cries in upper middle class privilege*

I’m going this route too. The legislation has been referred to some senate committee who’s report is due 2nd September. It’ll go through after that. Don’t see any reason for it not to pass.

On another note, my M3LR OD is 7/12/21 and build date 10/7. I seem to be the only one who hasn’t received the text or RAV. What a joke. *cries in upper middle class privilege*
I meant senate not 'congress' too much news on America and Trump recently haha

Hi everyone,

Just as a general question, what are your thoughts about LR/P cars nca batteries having cobalt in them. I see the cobalt mining documentaries and its genuinely heart wrenching. Here's one.

Is it something you actively not try to think about?

P.s not guilt farming, just curious on your thoughts
It’s an understandable concern, but this electrek article suggests that Tesla are doing as much as possible to buy cobalt and other minerals directly from responsible mining companies.

Maybe that’s it. I am in regional NSW, but did ask for Sydney collection.
If that’s Moore Creek near Tamworth, then the normal form of delivery of your Tesla is by trailer to your home. In those cases you won’t get an EDD until quite close to your delivery date. They may not have a procedure to differentiate a request to pick up from a city location fir a regional customer until your car is closer and a human starts to process your order in more detail.

So your car must have been on the Viking Passama which unloaded on Monday 8/8. That’s pretty good, only 8 days between arrival in country and pickup, and it had to be trucked to Brisbane. That gives me hope I’ll get my SMS very soon.
This will be the only time Tesla has delivered earlier than expected with my EDD starting on the 18th. Hang in there and we can leave this forum of forklifts, fbt and shipwatching soon

You are not alone... not that that helps the situation

We have managed to save up the cash to pay for our M3. I’ve done the sums over and over and with the interest rate charged by the novated lease companies, I just can’t make it worth while, even with no FBT against paying cash. If finance is your only option, then yes I would think there are big advantages. As always make sure you research thoroughly before diving in.

Reactions: PcS000
No where near an issue. I ordered my sr+ in March, still waiting for it.
But I have spent over 5 k on accessories for it already. (Including gen3 wall charger)
My list is very long so I won't post it.
Same here, over 5k of stuff, ordered in March also, wall charger installed in April o_O don’t want to list everything as I may get RSI but I will say one thing I’ve got that I haven’t seen anyone mention yet ….. Foglight Upgrade…. And I still have some things on the wish list. Does that make me the one with the biggest issues in here. Should I be booking in a shrink?