Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I agree. Just weird that Model Y's were assigned a couple of days ago now and guesstimating there EDD it looks like they would be on Paglia or Paganella. So with Model 3 line now upgraded and opened you think they would chuck on 3's provided there is room I guess. I got to subscribe to VEDA, they would produce the most viable information, just hesitant to without a VIN. Waiting on Wu Wa next video to so we can see any in the yard. I think he drops it on Friday?
I'm the same. Does Vedaprime update on which ships we can expect do you know?

I've recently (30/7) ordered a Tesla 3 LR White with a delivery date of Feb 2023 - May 2023, but have read that the Giga Factory in Shanghai is going to increase production, could this result in the date coming ahead or is it likely that the production increases has already been allowed for?
I’ve been checking the order to EDD fairly regularly and I believe they’ve been at that date range for a little while now, so maybe you will be lucky with an earlier delivery… or they just leave Oz/NZ until last and speed up delivery for other countries first 🤷‍♀️

I've recently (30/7) ordered a Tesla 3 LR White with a delivery date of Feb 2023 - May 2023, but have read that the Giga Factory in Shanghai is going to increase production, could this result in the date coming ahead or is it likely that the production increases has already been allowed for?
I would think that the additional production has already been accounted for.

Upgrading the line would likely require additional equipment for the factory which would need to be ordered, built and delivered. On top of this, if they're increasing output they'd need to ensure all their suppliers were ready to ramp up their own productions to keep up with the additional demand.

Obviously, I'm just guessing here, but I'd assume the above would need a bit of foreward planning and thus they would have accounted for it in the delivery windows.

On the other hand, it's Tesla and we know 100% for a fact that they pick dates for things by going for a big night out, and then using a dart board... so 🤷

Reactions: Redrum and Robdunc
Looks like you could do Townsville to Mt Morgan with a single long stop at QESH Mackay (unless the weather was really against you, and as long as you sit on the speed limit). However two smaller charges (eg Prospine & Carmila as you suggest) is potentially a bit quicker overall because you need to charge right up to 90-95% at Mackay and the charging slows down up that end.

QESH Phase 3 has started construction and opens up a lot of the inland, including Roma.
Thats what i was thinking - by the time you get to prossy from Townsville, you either ready for a wee stop or a coffee break anyway.. so why not whack it on a charger.

Some vic Teslas have been registered and people have received the text already, this was inline with Viking passama docking at port Kembla.
I am not sure if the cars have unloaded there and will be transported by truck to vic
Fair point, I’m not 100% convinced about it either!
I think those Vic Teslas were the SR+/RWD ones which arrived in Melbourne on Morning Clara (her departure from Shanghai lined up with the build dates for those models). The LR and maybe P orders who have VINs have build dates after she left and are most likely on Viking Passama, so once those are offloaded on Saturday we should hopefully be seeing delivery texts next week. Seems like Tesla have changed things from previous quarters and our cars are now being offloaded at Melbourne instead of Port Kembla. Although not sure if all Melbourne SR+/RWD orders who were on Morning Clara have gotten their texts yet.

EDIT: The RAV portal just updated and my VIN has been registered today (11/08), not sure if that’s indicative of where it is though 😅

• Informative
Reactions: CMTDad
I think those Vic Teslas were the SR+/RWD ones which arrived in Melbourne on Morning Clara (her departure from Shanghai lined up with the build dates for those models). The LR and maybe P orders who have VINs have build dates after she left and are most likely on Viking Passama, so once those are offloaded on Saturday we should hopefully be seeing delivery texts next week. Seems like Tesla have changed things from previous quarters and our cars are now being offloaded at Melbourne instead of Port Kembla. Although not sure if all Melbourne SR+/RWD orders who were on Morning Clara have gotten their texts yet.

EDIT: The RAV portal just updated and my VIN has been registered today (11/08), not sure if that’s indicative of where it is though 😅
Probably one of the most on-the-money posts of the month.
Also worth noting today is first day of VIC Model Y deliveries.

got the pre SMS yesterday and booking SMS today, picking up 17/8. CBR delivery LR. EDD range started on 18/8, so very happy!
It looks as though the SMS is sent a week prior to the the EDD given.....damn, I have to wait another week,
got the pre SMS yesterday and booking SMS today, picking up 17/8. CBR delivery LR. EDD range started on 18/8, so very happy!
Did you have the option of collection any earlier?