Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm the same here.

Received Monday Pre SMS with 17-31 Aug EDD Melbourne pickup, was today pushed back to 19 Aug-2 Sep.

Feel like the Tesla gods are not aligned with our impatience and restlessness.
same here, when I received first SMS , EDD was 16 August, since Tuesday it's been pushed back progressively one day at a time . . .
Answered the SMS to say I was paid & ready to collect . . . crickets

Reactions: RobM3MY
Well done, you got a good result. Always great to hear someone reaching the end of this process and getting their Tesla.

Not to take away from your news in any manner whatsoever. This pre-sms in the morning and an arvo pickup text is a major source of my angst towards Tesla.

In trying to figure out how I can stop F5,ing etc and sit back and wait, I think the source of my own (and perhaps others in a similar situation) is we got what I call the "Shortly" sms on Monday and now its Friday. Nothing heard 4 business days later. Some call it the prepare for delivery SMS before the pickup sms. Then today the EDD blows out to seemingly match the atomic clock.

Having paid in full. In my case a week ago and with new EDD dates generated today, it could be 3 to 4 weeks into a finance contract, with nothing to show for it. Could be up to payment no. 2 before car arrives. That's pretty rank and not normal in this industry.

Don't get me wrong, everything to do with Tesla to date has been great, probably 9 out 10. It is just these last steps that lack an element of communication. If surveyed, this would be a huge negative mark on what has otherwise been a fantastic experience.

Anyway, 1st world issues. I think I might take a chill pill and have a lie-down.
Yeah it's been poor. I paid in full way earlier than I should have. Having all that cash in Tesla's account and not mine isn't helping my pain or patience. I'd definitely wait until collection appointment is booked before paying if I did this again.

Reactions: RobM3MY
*** Speculation Alert ***

Weekly speculation time.

The Quarterly Model 3 reservation is close to 5000. Out of this number, the RWD quantity is about 4250. Tesla has already delivered the entire January RWD therefore 2125 RWD Model 3s are to be manufactured to fulfil all RWD orders up to 15/03/2022 (before the delivery timeframe changed on the 15th of March).

Let's assume Tesla could reach to 60% of their claimed peak of 1000 per day capacity after the upgrade, for the Australian Market. That's 600 Model 3s a day.

It would require 3.5 days to manufacture what's required to fulfil all Q1 orders before the delivery timeframe changed on the 15th of March.

Possible ships available according to Today's schedule:
* Morning Cherry (22/08)
* Morning Crystal (30/08)

I would imagine the majority of M3 waiters would have to agree that according to the 3.5 days projection, it is less likely manufacturing would be in time for Morning Cherry to carry all these Model 3s (not 100% as VIN allocation is lagged at this time).

Then all eyes are on Morning Crystal. Unfortunately, I have already seen some VIN allocated for Model Y's that are to be delivered on the 15th -30th of September and I could only hope the VIN allocation for Model Ys and Model 3s are working in a different way.

Conclusion? No conclusion.

*** End Speculation Alert ***

Yeah it's been poor. I paid in full way earlier than I should have. Having all that cash in Tesla's account and not mine isn't helping my pain or patience. I'd definitely wait until collection appointment is booked before paying if I did this again.
I hear you and completely resonate with you when you say you would do it differently next time. And in fact I have an MY on order due Nov-Feb, so I do plan on going through it again myself.

However, I propose that it is not possible to pay that late. I got an ultimatum call on a Wednesday way back, saying that I needed to complete payment steps by Friday or they were afraid they may have to cancel the order. Now not that I was dragging my feet in any way, but it certainly did spook me into finalising things. As you say, they have the money now.

Just seems disingenuous to not try and communicate better. It's not that hard to do, yet could go a long way to allaying the worry.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
*** Speculation Alert ***

Weekly speculation time.

The Quarterly Model 3 reservation is close to 5000. Out of this number, the RWD quantity is about 4250. Tesla has already delivered the entire January RWD therefore 2125 RWD Model 3s are to be manufactured to fulfil all RWD orders up to 15/03/2022 (before the delivery timeframe changed on the 15th of March).

Let's assume Tesla could reach to 60% of their claimed peak of 1000 per day capacity after the upgrade, for the Australian Market. That's 600 Model 3s a day.

It would require 3.5 days to manufacture what's required to fulfil all Q1 orders before the delivery timeframe changed on the 15th of March.

Possible ships available according to Today's schedule:
* Morning Cherry (22/08)
* Morning Crystal (30/08)

I would imagine the majority of M3 waiters would have to agree that according to the 3.5 days projection, it is less likely manufacturing would be in time for Morning Cherry to carry all these Model 3s (not 100% as VIN allocation is lagged at this time).

Then all eyes are on Morning Crystal. Unfortunately, I have already seen some VIN allocated for Model Y's that are to be delivered on the 15th -30th of September and I could only hope the VIN allocation for Model Ys and Model 3s are working in a different way.

Conclusion? No conclusion.

*** End Speculation Alert ***
I like this.

All booked in for delivery in WA
Screenshot_20220819-093358_Tesla.jpg
... very excited!

I hear you and completely resonate with you when you say you would do it differently next time. And in fact I have an MY on order due Nov-Feb, so I do plan on going through it again myself.

However, I propose that it is not possible to pay that late. I got an ultimatum call on a Wednesday way back, saying that I needed to complete payment steps by Friday or they were afraid they may have to cancel the order. Now not that I was dragging my feet in any way, but it certainly did spook me into finalising things. As you say, they have the money now.

Just seems disingenuous to not try and communicate better. It's not that hard to do, yet could go a long way to allaying the worry.
Getting a call to pay or lose the order if your car wasn't confirmed as being very high on the ready to go list isn't good at all.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Getting a call to pay or lose the order if your car wasn't confirmed as being very high on the ready to go list isn't good at all.
No it is not, and I don't want to be the Debbie downer in what should be happy moments, but it serves as a warning to all the next orders and forum posters that arrive here that unless things change, your experience in the last few weeks/month preceding delivery is unlikely to meet your expectations. Managing these expectations may be difficult.

Now moving on, an SMS from Tesla today would be nice.

A car would be even better and as clearly stated by many previously, will heal all wounds.

same here, when I received first SMS , EDD was 16 August, since Tuesday it's been pushed back progressively one day at a time . . .
Answered the SMS to say I was paid & ready to collect . . . crickets
Upfront, the pre-delivery experience is atrocious and feels like it was developed by Telstra rather than Tesla.

However when your estimated date range is still a two week window, then it's a strong indicator that there are still so many variables that it can't be relied upon. When the date range is still two weeks and the start of the date range is even closer, it's a stronger indicator that the EDD is a lottery right now.

As we've seen in a number of posts from Victorians over the past couple of weeks, Tesla is working through logistical issues in Melbourne right now and with more ships on the way things aren't likely to improve. My advice is keep looking at the end of the EDD range and set your expectations that it's more likely going to be then. If it comes early then you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: Polarxp