Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great point.
Currently I have car mats.

Is there anything that is critical?

How about tinting and paint protection?
I guess that’s booked once a pickup date is scheduled?
I think screen protector is important.

After that is personal choice.
Trays for centre console (those pocket areas are DEEP so if you want to reach things easily then you might want them)
Grocery Hook has proved handy already.

I'm thinking about auto Frunk as the auto boot is just too handy.
I'm getting HomeLink installed on Tuesday
Tinting and Paint protection scheduling had to wait till I had a pick up date as you've guessed - still a couple of weeks out for me.

Dont think I'll go for the extra heads up display or similar, I've already got used to the main screen.

I think Elon’s missing an opportunity here….. the duck market is wide open…. They’d really like FSD if they can only drive slowly..

Attachments

• C9478B1F-252B-487A-8346-A3DB7FA5C5F1.jpeg
    C9478B1F-252B-487A-8346-A3DB7FA5C5F1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
This is supremely helpful.

Can anyone else clue me in to the logistics behind rego and insurance, or in other words, if my EDD is 21-30 Sep - what should I be doing right now?

Do I need to lodge the rego form myself? If not, do I give Tesla any other details? etc

I've not bought a car in more than 10 years, so this is all a bit new to me.
Around point 4 and 5 you would find an ”Application for Vehicle Registration” when you log into your account and check the Documents section, and you’ll receive an email to advise you of this also, which you can reply to with your completed and signed form attached.

What's the relevance here? Ducks? Why not every other animal? Can you pls elaborate? And who cares about FSD anyway other than paying to beta test something that won't pass legislation for years to come?

Is there a point here?
I’m sorry, “relevance”?…. The point here is…. Er…. It’s my weak attempt at humour to divert my attention from the frustrating wait.

Latest update from me:
The VIN assigned to me was definitely a cancellation (finance fell through).
Between Wed 17/08 and now, I've made the full payment and they wanted me to pick up the car last night, but unfortunately due to work commitments I've been unable to. I've scheduled to take delivery on Monday the 22nd of August :D
Happy to upload some pics when I get it.

Damn I'm so excited to drive this car!

Dont think I'll go for the extra heads up display or similar, I've already got used to the main screen.
I looked at that too and kind of thought it was a bit un-Tesla like. Seemed like a good idea, yet just shouldnt be necessary. I think it was about $600 or so, cannot recall if that was USD or AUD.

So happy to hear you think the main screen will suffice. 1 more accessory ticked off the list.

Reactions: Ormaus
So its beer'oclock on a Friday and the week is drawing to a close.

I don't recall hearing of any pickup SMS's today.

Did anyone receive good news today ?
I was meant to pick up Thursday and last minute they said sorry, your car is still in Melbourne. It won't be in Adelaide until the following Tuesday. Then Friday afternoon, I got a call, it's here and ready to be picked up. But we are closed Saturday. So Monday it is, after 8 months and 2 weeks.

I'm afraid it goes with the territory. I too, tell the most amazingly fabulous "Dad jokes" and get the same sort of reaction.. it just increases the pleasure!
My favourite is this one…
“I got stung at the local farmer’s market last week….. I mean, $45 for a tiny jar of honey…”
One lady’s reaction? (Slightly puzzled look and…) “but, why did you give them your money?”

Reactions: Robdunc
Ok, if anyone is in the same boat with a rural delivery and already paid their stamp duty in NSW. Heard from Tesla SA today. Once the car is registered, 3-4 weeks after that they will organise to do a refund back into our account. They must be waiting for the NSW government to give them the funds before they refund? At least I know what the go is now 👍