Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to be the barer of bad news but the bank won't finalise the loan until the day the car is collected. Even if you get a VIN tomorrow, the finance will still expire on the 29th and you'll need to reapply.

As far as I can tell, for us here in Adelaide the car will still be 5-8 weeks away from the date you get the VIN. My finance expires in January, so I'm looking for a VIN by mid November at the latest or else I'll be paying a really high interest rate.
With Macquarie they allowed me to finalise my loan with them at 2.99 with just my VIN number. I had to agree to stay the repayments without the car actually being here. So loan finalised on 9 Aug and pick up car on 24 Aug.

Can I ask if you needed an invoice or just a VIN?
I’m with Plenti and it runs out on 15th October
I don’t see me getting my car before then but I do expect my VIN by then so just wondering
Actually, funnily enough I was going to post about this.

The steps outlined earlier in this thread suggested my invoice would arrive far later than it did. Had a call from Macquarie yesterday, noting that my approval ends this Saturday and car is due for delivery end of September. They offered to settle it now and start the financing, even if that meant I paid one payment without the car. Fine with me.

After Macquarie processed everything, my Final Invoice appeared. Didn't have it before that.

With Macquarie they allowed me to finalise my loan with them at 2.99 with just my VIN number. I had to agree to stay the repayments without the car actually being here. So loan finalised on 9 Aug and pick up car on 24 Aug.
Sorry to be a part of the misinformation machine!

I'm glad to hear that this is the case. I had heard reports otherwise but I guess not everything that you read on the internet is true, ey?

Nice one - lucky to get Saturday, a great weekend ahead for you! I was hoping for Saturday too, but didn't quite make it. Can't complain, I was starting to worry my date would slip into second half of September when we're overseas.
I forgot my Tesla acc password, lucky the mrs was WFH so got it and booked asap.

It’s been a long wait… time to give my VF Redline a good detail and get it ready for sale, I will miss the heads up display and the v8 rumble but excited to move on to something new :)

I forgot my Tesla acc password, lucky the mrs was WFH so got it and booked asap.

It’s been a long wait… time to give my VF Redline a good detail and get it ready for sale, I will miss the heads up display and the v8 rumble but excited to move on to something new :)

You will probably make money on the VF! Crazy prices, great car though and so reasonable priced back in the day.

Reactions: Khalil
woohooo ... got my Delivery booking this morning ..... delivery booked on 2nd september -11.30am ... picking up at Mulgrave centre Melbourne.... finally the wait is over
Screenshot_20220823-103721_Tesla.jpg