Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have this echo complaint. Don’t know if a fix yet
See @Tristan888 's comment above:
I found a Youtube video about it, it was the immersion sound settings. I switched it off and the issue went away. Not sure what the immersion sound does but my ears can't tell the difference between when it is on/off so it will stay off for the time being.

It’s similar to fuel excise. Directly in the feds’ remit.

Except the Victoria RUC is not an excise and the court case will fail. That will force the Feds to have a discussion with the States to agree on a national, uniform RUC arrangement which should include goodies like no more stamp duty on EVs. The States will have the upper hand in that negotiation (e.g. extracting a guaranteed share of the national RUC) because the High Court will have found that states have the constitutional right to collect an RUC, so any State could go it alone if the national deal is not to their liking.

Reactions: PcS000
The cars with the relevant data to activate the VIN to Delivery column give an average of ~32.5 days (from 33 Records/cars)

ACT 35.5 days 2 cars
NSW 32.5 days 9 cars
QLD 37 days 9 cars
VIC 30.8 days 10 cars
WA 63 days 2 cars

there is an anomaly in the data of a -1 days
Thanks @PcS000 .

Based on your message I decided to speak with my SA today (Will be Sydney Collection) and asked if there was any further update on my estimated delivery dates being shown on app which is SEPT 7 - SEPT 22. I was not sure if that would even be possible to meet that timeframe because I have not yet received a VIN.

He said that his system shows that its due to be delivered to their showroom on SEPT 13 and that it all looks on track and that its not a worry that the VIN isn't showing yet and that it will show on the final invoice.

So any Sydney collection people with a similar estimate delivery date to mine... might be good news that the estimate is correct?

ORDER DATE: 14/3
SPEC: M3 Long Range, Black, 19inch Sports Rims, Black Interior, No Self Drive

Reactions: Polarxp and PcS000
Not many constitutional lawyers are that confident with their comments on the case... its actually quite contentious.

Hence the excitement of making a public prediction which might turn out to be wrong! Feel free to bookmark my post and quote it back to me when the verdict is handed down! 😄

But if the High Court finds that Victoria’s RUC is unconstitutional on the basis that it is an ‘excise’, then a huge range of other existing State taxes would also be at risk, and operation of our Federation would be shaken to its core. It would be a legal earthquake.

No it isn't. Tax on an imported good that is controlled by the Federal Government vs trying to tax road use that individual States are responsible for. It couldn't be any more dissimilar.
The thing is, the plaintifs are saying it is an excise, and only federal government can levy an excise.
Victoria’s electric-car tax faces High Court challenge

And the federal government is supporting the plaintifs (with an eye on implementing themselves)
Albanese Government challenging Victoria EV road user charge

Thanks @PcS000 .

Based on your message I decided to speak with my SA today (Will be Sydney Collection) and asked if there was any further update on my estimated delivery dates being shown on app which is SEPT 7 - SEPT 22. I was not sure if that would even be possible to meet that timeframe because I have not yet received a VIN.

He said that his system shows that its due to be delivered to their showroom on SEPT 13 and that it all looks on track and that its not a worry that the VIN isn't showing yet and that it will show on the final invoice.

So any Sydney collection people with a similar estimate delivery date to mine... might be good news that the estimate is correct?

ORDER DATE: 14/3
SPEC: M3 Long Range, Black, 19inch Sports Rims, Black Interior, No Self Drive
I've got a similar EDD and Tesla have been chasing me for the signed Rego papers. I'm puzzled that you don't have a VIN yet he claims that it will be delivered on the 13th September - how does he know what "it" is? The car would obviously need to have been built by now, so why can't they tell you the VIN with the same certainty as when it'll arrive?

I've got a similar EDD and Tesla have been chasing me for the signed Rego papers. I'm puzzled that you don't have a VIN yet he claims that it will be delivered on the 13th September - how does he know what "it" is? The car would obviously need to have been built by now, so why can't they tell you the VIN with the same certainty as when it'll arrive?
Not sure Man.. Macquarie Bank also received updated figures for the car now that the stamp duty exemption changes have happened in NSW so things seem to be happening in the back end just over the past few days. Roughly $3,000 cheaper than my initial order price (Yay!)

We wait and see I suppose... one of the joys of waiting for a new car, nothing is certain until we hold it in our hands.

Reactions: PcS000
View attachment 844678
Picked up yesterday and the wait, whilst seemingly endless at the time, was sooooo worth it. Cannot get the smile off my dial!

Although we do now have a small dilema and perhaps a new accessory requirement that has not been mentioned before -
We are now discussing the need for a keypad style lock for the front door since we have always carried the house keys on the car key - that is now no longer needed and the danger of heading out and not being to be able to get back into the house is a real possibility.....once again living in a world of first world issues :)
I just fitted one of the Lockly smart locks. Wish I did it sooner, it's absolutely fantastic, once I pick up the car today I no longer have keys in my life. Did it for the same reason as you, knew I would end up walking out without the keys.

Fingerprint reading is very very accurate, don't have any complaints.

Reactions: M_Harps and PcS000
I’m in a panic.

Original EDD was 20-30 Sep.

Then it was brought forward to 3-14 Sep.

Now I’ve just checked and the app says Aug 25- 7 Sep!!!!

My garage isn’t painted and old car not sold. Insurance not sorted. When do I get my rego number? I need to get money together and pay Tesla. Panic panic panic

1661457365179.gif

I’m in a panic.

My garage isn’t painted and old car not sold. Insurance not sorted. When do I get my rego number? I need to get money together and pay Tesla. Panic panic panic

View attachment 845091
Good luck kpdog! One other thing....check length of your garage....when I recently hired a M3 it was too long to fit in my garage because of some boxes and other things I was storing. Forced me to do a clean out ...hope it all goes well for you.

I’m in a panic.

View attachment 845091
Congrats and take a deep breath. First, pay Tesla. Organise your insurance with your vin (you might have to call as this option isn't on some websites but they do it) you won't get your rego until near the pickup. Yes, the shed painting, you might have to do some overtime for a few nights 😅 seriously though enjoy. You're a lucky person 👍