Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know how to check when the car has arrived in Australia just so I can get a heads up?

Do I check RAV daily? (VIN not bringing anything up yet)

Or do I do ship tracking?

For those expecting cars (east coast) within the next couple of weeks, which ship do you think we're on? Or do you think it has already docked?

Thanks

(first coat of garage walls done. Epoxy floor will have to wait :()

Reactions: Polarxp
latest schedule

1.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: kpdog and PcS000
Does anybody know how to check when the car has arrived in Australia just so I can get a heads up?

Do I check RAV daily? (VIN not bringing anything up yet)

Or do I do ship tracking?

For those expecting cars (east coast) within the next couple of weeks, which ship do you think we're on? Or do you think it has already docked?

Thanks

(first coat of garage walls done. Epoxy floor will have to wait :()
Vedaprime

I can't see how it can be an excise, because it's not on a good.
Yeah. Ha v New South Wales is going to be heavily referenced - this was the case that disallowed State-based tobacco license fees based on quantity of tobacco sold, which had the effect of invalidating the existing State-based fuel levies, resulting the introduction of the Commonwealth fuel excise. They said:
Therefore we reaffirm that duties of excise are taxes on the production, manufacture, sale or distribution of goods, whether of foreign or domestic origin.
But then the High Court agreed to hear the case, which is a good indication that the case is at least arguable! So we shall see.

Picked up today from the Brisbane centre. Lots of vehicles there getting prepped. Absolutely loving it, although there's a lot to get used to with it. The system calibrated quickly, so I was able to have a good drive back up to the Sunshine coast using Autopilot. It even handled the roadworks much better than I expected (for autosteer). It's fairly hopeless at recognising speed signs though, so I had to jump in quick to dial back the max speed, etc.

Planning a long drive tomorrow - 400km+ - just because I can. :)

But, with this, I'm going to bow out of this thread and mostly stick to the rest of the site... The wait, although annoying is worth it. :)

PXL_20220826_001942691.jpg

Picked up today from the Brisbane centre. Lots of vehicles there getting prepped. Absolutely loving it, although there's a lot to get used to with it. The system calibrated quickly, so I was able to have a good drive back up to the Sunshine coast using Autopilot. It even handled the roadworks much better than I expected (for autosteer). It's fairly hopeless at recognising speed signs though, so I had to jump in quick to dial back the max speed, etc.

Planning a long drive tomorrow - 400km+ - just because I can. :)

But, with this, I'm going to bow out of this thread and mostly stick to the rest of the site... The wait, although annoying is worth it. :)

View attachment 845313
Congrats, she's stunning! Thrilled your wait is over with your beautiful EV!

I think I see my red RWD right behind! Here's wishful thinking, I'm in Syd and only ordered 2 weeks ago so bearing down for the long wait ahead.

As the car seems to be getting closer, I thought it was time to bust out the plates and drill the mounting holes. Went great for the rear one by sadly cracked the front one partly through my lack of trade skills and partly because these plates are brittle AF. Oh well…have to order a new one and live with the cracked one for a while.
39D7DC36-A333-4D7C-8D31-1F1C7FF4A425.jpeg

Reactions: PcS000