Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there might be a spelling error on the Tesla app on my cellphone. It says “Est Delivery: Aug - Nov 2022”.
I think they mean … “Est Delivery: Aug OR Nov”.
I think my August boat has all but sailed and I need to think Q4 and November.
Disappointing for a mid Feb order 😞
There is still the slim bit of hope for Morning Crystal it arrives on the 30th

Reactions: penn_
I think there might be a spelling error on the Tesla app on my cellphone. It says “Est Delivery: Aug - Nov 2022”.
I think they mean … “Est Delivery: Aug OR Nov”.
I think my August boat has all but sailed and I need to think Q4 and November.
Same here mate...23 Feb for a RWD White/Black. Hopefully before xmas

Reactions: Snoopy1
Just got the email, it's been a long 7 months....

1661644021613.png

There are quite a few of us mid Feb (and even early Feb) still hanging around here feeling just like you are. My birthday is in the first quarter, and I thought I'd say I'd ordered myself a birthday present. It's looking like I ordered myself a Christmas present.
Going to buy myself 2 birthday presents next year, as there ended up being Zero this year 😆

Finally picked up my baby from Mulgrave. The staff there were extremely friendly and apologised a couple times for the pushing back delivery to Sunday. They made it clear I could take as much time as I wanted checking the car and setting it up and were there for any questions or help. While previous experiences waiting for the car were dreadful, at least this final delivery experience was good. On a side note they had my car charged up to 88%. For Melbourne deliveries don’t, forget to take a photo of your odometer for VicRoads before driving off.

Finally picked up my baby from Mulgrave. The staff there were extremely friendly and apologised a couple times for the pushing back delivery to Sunday. They made it clear I could take as much time as I wanted checking the car and setting it up and were there for any questions or help. While previous experiences waiting for the car were dreadful, at least this final delivery experience was good. On a side note they had my car charged up to 88%. For Melbourne deliveries don’t, forget to take a photo of your odometer for VicRoads before driving off.
Glad it went well. What's the verdict, are you happy with the car?

Glad it went well. What's the verdict, are you happy with the car?
Couldn’t stop smiling, did the usual acceleration test and then left it in Chill Mode to avoid all the speeding fines 😂 Don’t regret buying it at all and can only hope Tesla improve their customer service for those who are waiting delivery (can only hope that’ll happen with more competition)

Last edited:
Couldn’t stop smiling, did the usual acceleration test and then left it in Chill
Mode to avoid all the speeding fines 😂 Don’t regret buying it at all and can only hope Tesla improve their customer service for those who are waiting delivery (can only hope that’ll happen with more competition)
Good to hear. I'm picking up in 47 hours, hoping for a smooth process. Have fun with your new toy

Reactions: Ice-Bear
Couple of interesting developments this week.

As reported with others, Macquarie offered to start my financing now ahead of my EDD of Sep 21 - 30, as my approval expires this Sat and I'd then lose the remarkable 2.99% rate. Cool, no worries.

I then phoned the SA and checked they had everything they needed for rego etc. I mentioned the EDD would be right when I'm overseas, returning the night of the 30th - could I arrange for the 1st come time?

Turns out he thinks it might actually arrive... before I go overseas on the 11th. His 'data' indicated it would be arriving then and would come back to me. Holy moly.
Another update on this.

I replied to my SA that this would make my year, as this holiday is the first in three years and highly needed. To pick up my Tesla before I go would be incredible.

He replied with an email I can only describe as spirited - to say it was very exciting and lets get it done 'ASAP!!!!!' < yes he used this many exclamation points.

I am thinking my order might arrive in the shipment that looks due either today or tomorrow. So it would then come down to my local Tesla to process the orders within the next two weeks before I go... here's hoping.

Silly question. But I’m assuming my Tesla will come with standard plates and as so as I find the registration number I order replacement plates through the Department of Transport (QLD) if I want fancier looking ones?

Veda Prime just tweeted that the Paglia just arrived at Port Kembla so looks like a Tesla drop is incoming!

Couldn’t stop smiling, did the usual acceleration test and then left it in Chill Mode to avoid all the speeding fines 😂 Don’t regret buying it at all and can only hope Tesla improve their customer service for those who are waiting delivery (can only hope that’ll happen with more competition)
Good to hear, congrats. Picked up mine as well this morning, the tesla staff were pleasant and also told us to take as much time as we want, car was charged to 70%. After 5min driving had confirmation on why I bought this car, instant acceleration, one-pedal driving, awesome sound and how stable the car feels on the road, definitely worth the wait. Have to agree about taking it easy on the lead foot ;)

Yep same here. 12 Feb order, I’m checking out until October. Thanks for the laughs team!
Yes I am out as well. I had been torturing myself with the should have ordered mid February instead of March 12 and then I would have had the last delivery this quarter.
Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.....yet 🤞
My son lives in California and he had bought a Polestar last year because his Tesla order kept being pushed back and he needed a car for work, so I delayed ordering until after I visited him in March to check it out. His wife had a Tesla arriving March 12 and so i could compare them. I did and he advised the Tesla was better although don't get me wrong the Polestar is a nice car and he is very happy going to work with it. That was worth the extra month wait for my peace of mind. Even though I copped the $1k price rise.
just thought I would throw it in with the comments from the lucky new owners, it is a nice car...please November delivery for March orders as well as the long suffering Feb ones.
Happy waiting everyone 👍