Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You ordered when Tesla was clearly forecasting August to November...

Just relax, it will come when it comes, you get to start whining when its past the EDD window.
Really? You have to have a reason and specific time pass before you can whine, bitch and moan on the internet? I thought the whole point of internet was so I could broadcast my frustrations to the world and feel lighter for it :D

Well. Today was a bonus. After 36 weeks out of a 13-20 week delivery window, I finally have my Blue LR.
I've previously whinged about difficulties with communications with Tesla, I whinged about the rigidity of the dispatch crew, and maybe a few other things as well.
I was blocked from picking up in Brisbane two weeks ago, and promised a home delivery. That blew out another week.
Finally got word the car is on its way via a transporter.
At the last minute, we're told the truck can't come to our location, and he would meet us at Hungry Jacks in town 20km away. We had another scramble to realaign work and medical appointments, and use the older ICE.
The transport driver was indeed, cheerful and accommodating, and showed us how to enter the car using the key card. But that's all he knew about it.
I had time for a cursory look over the car, whilst wife signed it off.
Indeed, it was in good condition, except for heavy load of travel grime that made vision through windscreen difficult.

20220829_145710[1].jpg

Did some local errands and saw our 50% battery decline rapidly, in part due to calibration, and also standard mode. We had to learn quickly to keep the throttle lightly.

Followed with a 100km round trip to town and battery usage eased in chill mode.
Garaged at home now and charging on 15amp outlet, to give us enough for work and back tomorrow.
Even though i read the user manual several times, and watched videos several times, and followed the advices from all who have gone before me, Its still a challenge to set all the features, and use all the functions, even with a co-pilot.
I look forward to learning my way around this wonderful car.

Well. Today was a bonus. After 36 weeks out of a 13-20 week delivery window, I finally have my Blue LR.
I've previously whinged about difficulties with communications with Tesla, I whinged about the rigidity of the dispatch crew, and maybe a few other things as well.
I was blocked from picking up in Brisbane two weeks ago, and promised a home delivery. That blew out another week.
At the last minute, we're told the truck can't come to our location, and he would meet us at Hungry Jacks in town 20km away. We had another scramble to realaign work and medical appointments, and use the older ICE.
The transport driver was indeed, cheerful and accommodating, and showed us how to enter the car using the key card. But that's all he knew about it.
Indeed, it was in good condition, except for heavy load of travel grime that made vision through windscreen difficult.

View attachment 846569

Did some local errands and saw our 50% battery decline rapidly, in part due to calibration, and also standard mode. We had to learn quickly to keep the throttle lightly.

Garaged at home now and charging on 15amp outlet, to give us enough for work and back tomorrow.
Even though i read the user manual several times, and watched videos several times, and followed the advices from all who have gone before me, Its still a challenge to set all the features, and use all the functions, even with a co-pilot.
Congrats, that was a challenging and understandably frustrating experience. Now you can heal with the best medicine you could have! Enjoy!

Hi PsC000. Said I would get back to you. The car turned up today 🎉🎉🎉. The car doesn't come covered and was actually quite dirty. First thing after contacting Tesla and going for a spin we gave it a good wash. Very happy with the car. Even though we have watched hundreds of hours on YouTube we still need to work out some of the settings 😅👍
Firstly, congratulations and so happy you’re happy!
Thanks forgetting back to me too and that’s good to know what to expect when it arrives. I’m looking forward to digging into all those settings.
Happy flighting
1661771839347.jpeg

Anyone finance with ANZ and know how long they take to transfer funds after settlement? Settlement was on Friday afternoon for me and I'm supposed to pick up the car tomorrow but the balance hasn't updated yet and Tesla won't release the car until it's cleared.

View attachment 846569

It's finally here, @rtvanda! HUGE congratulations to you! Enjoy your new ride! 😁

Anyone finance with ANZ and know how long they take to transfer funds after settlement? Settlement was on Friday afternoon for me and I'm supposed to pick up the car tomorrow but the balance hasn't updated yet and Tesla won't release the car until it's cleared.
if the payment wasn't made before 6pm eastern time on Friday it wouldn't have been processed until Today.

Reactions: ImprovKnife
Like a few others… I’m keeping out of here for September at least. No point in torturing myself reading of the unbridled joy that some lucky people are experiencing, and if I read any more “hang in there, it’s worth the wait” I’ll scream. I know they mean well, but when you’re led to believe it could be June and now looks increasingly like at least November or even later… it’s seriously bad. Good luck all in here, hope your car arrives soon.
I’m the opposite. I enjoy all the good news about people getting their cars while I wait. Its all the whinging that makes me want to scream.

Damn so I can’t test drive to make sure the breaks work properly and the motor doesn’t make funny noises before accepting the car? That doesn’t sound right
Welcome to the Tesla way of doing things. That said I've never picked up a new car and been able to test drive it before accepting the car.

If they find a problem with a car they have been known to delay delivery until it can be fixed, they are generally good at rectifying any issues and making things right.