Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enjoy hearing from people picking up their M3's, love the excitement in their writing. Gives me a positive vibe, that i have made the right call.
Look forward to the next batch of VIN's, hopefully some surprises are on the way.

1661806363229.png

Enjoy hearing from people picking up their M3's, love the excitement in their writing. Gives me a positive vibe, that i have made the right call.
Look forward to the next batch of VIN's, hopefully some surprises are on the way.

View attachment 846752
Ahh man it's worth the wait. Had it a week and a bit (black LR) and have tint, full ceramic coat, painting the wheels satin black some lowering springs on the way as I feel I'm on stilts lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Redrum and PcS000
Hi folks ... what a great morning it is ... I have a VIN :)

It must have only just been pushed to my account as I checked earlier this morning and there were no changes. Checking again around 9:30am AEST I received the "go to you account message to accept a change" on my cellphone. I suspect it's likely a cancellation. I don't have a build date as yet.

For other Q1 RWD'ers - check your order status!

It must have only just been pushed to my account as I checked earlier this morning and there were no changes. Checking again around 9:30am AEST I received the "go to you account message to accept a change" on my cellphone. I suspect it's likely a cancellation. I don't have a build date as yet.

That's amazing news, @Zigman !! Wooooo!

Hoping for some more cancellations / allocations for all the RWD peeps 😁

Reactions: Morkau

Awesome news! Congrats.... no luck here so far! Looks like you may have snagged a cancellation

Reactions: JustinFernleaf
For those with their new toys (and/or older toys), what is your experience with charging stations?
A good question and very hard to generalise, as it depends on so many things. Plugshare is your friend for planning trips, as is ABRP (A Better Route Planner). Superchargers are going in slowly, and so are third-party networks (Evie, Chargefox). For example, Noosa used to be a charger-free zone, but not any more. Only frustration away from the supercharger network is that so many locations are single-stall and/or reportedly unreliable (QESH, NRMA). Anecdotally, Evie seem to do better at maintenance than Chargefox. They cost a bit more too. For overnight stays, places with destination chargers are gold. (Plugshare will find them). Can't think of anything else atm.

Damn so I can’t test drive to make sure the breaks work properly and the motor doesn’t make funny noises before accepting the car? That doesn’t sound right
ummm, they still test the car before they delivery to you.

Having the brakes work is a pretty serious test I highly doubt they are going to skip over and miss

You accept delivery, you check your car and if no visible issues, you drive away. If something isn't working you simply raise a service request or if it happens so quickly after driving out of the delivery center, turn around and drive back in

Well. Today was a bonus. After 36 weeks out of a 13-20 week delivery window, I finally have my Blue LR.
I've previously whinged about difficulties with communications with Tesla, I whinged about the rigidity of the dispatch crew, and maybe a few other things as well.
I was blocked from picking up in Brisbane two weeks ago, and promised a home delivery. That blew out another week.
Finally got word the car is on its way via a transporter.
At the last minute, we're told the truck can't come to our location, and he would meet us at Hungry Jacks in town 20km away. We had another scramble to realaign work and medical appointments, and use the older ICE.
The transport driver was indeed, cheerful and accommodating, and showed us how to enter the car using the key card. But that's all he knew about it.
I had time for a cursory look over the car, whilst wife signed it off.
Indeed, it was in good condition, except for heavy load of travel grime that made vision through windscreen difficult.

View attachment 846569

Did some local errands and saw our 50% battery decline rapidly, in part due to calibration, and also standard mode. We had to learn quickly to keep the throttle lightly.

Followed with a 100km round trip to town and battery usage eased in chill mode.
Garaged at home now and charging on 15amp outlet, to give us enough for work and back tomorrow.
Even though i read the user manual several times, and watched videos several times, and followed the advices from all who have gone before me, Its still a challenge to set all the features, and use all the functions, even with a co-pilot.
I look forward to learning my way around this wonderful car.
Meeting in a Hungry Jacks car park!!! 🤣Like you’re meeting your dealer to buy some weed.

Congrats all the same. Enjoy your car…and your weed!

DD arrived, so excited, collected the car yesterday and all perfect.
Amply charged to 85%. and well presented. Drives like a dream and well worth the wait.
About 100 new cars awaiting their owners, so there will be lots of happy drivers by this weekend.

To everybody waiting . . . its worth every day of the wait, and better than expected.

Attachments

• Delivery Day.JPG
    Delivery Day.JPG
    530.9 KB · Views: 56
Pickup my M3P in Melbourne today. Sold my Ford G6ET which was not only the longest I've had a car, also the best (have also had a few Commodore & Falcon V8's over the years and a WRX way back in the 90's.). Was sad to see the Ford go but the Tesla performance test drive was a game changer for me. Cant wait.

For what its worth, the Aussie used car market is very good - a fair bit of demand for good cars from both young guys and gals and what's more, they appreciate them for what they are - the last of the line of locally built legends.
Sorry for dragging the posts back to a week ago, but I'm a newbie who can't do PM's yet (apparently)
@BARTW I also have a 2010 Ford G6ET to sell, but the prices vary by $20K!! (obviously some people are very hopeful of future classic status) - what year, k's and price was yours when it sold?

And for everyone else, the Tesla App brought my delivery date for my red long range forward (from 3 to 13th Sept) to Aug 27th to 3rd Sept, but I have not had a delivery message yet (Brisbane) - but might be the finance holding things up now, to be fair(?) to Tesla.

Moderators Note: Added @ to @BARTW so that they are notified.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snagged a lucky cancellation. nice one man

For those with their new toys (and/or older toys), what is your experience with charging stations? Enough of them around? Easy to locate? Busy/hard to get access? Have you felt range anxiety? Getting better/worse to access?
Some of my favourite haunts are starting to get busy, the stations are easy to find if you know what you’re looking for sometimes they can be right in front of “me”, get to know how to use the apps and sign up to all of them, at first I had a little range anxiety but now am less anxious knowing where the stations are and how far I can drive without topping up, looking at both battery percentage and KMs gives you a better idea of how far you can go. Starting to get more stations online, so getting better, I prefer the free charging than paying but that’s only if you have the time to sit around or are doing shopping, I was at a Tesla super charger yesterday took a half hr to put 55 kWh and cost $32 . I was at 25% and filled up to 88%.

For those with finance, I have pickup Thursday, all going well, and received email from Macq today saying finance has all gone through. As of now, my page still says the $$ is owing but hopefully that will change tomorrow and say all cleared.

I was worried that we were going back to work this week and my manager would be a douche, but we aren't and though he remains a douche, he won't interfere with my pickup :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: MaskaChaska