Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same initial delivery, with the same push back to tomorrow. You're 11am? I was 12noon.
Received some disappointing (in one way) yet positive experience (in another) news just now from the Mulgrave Delivery Centre.
My car has not met the high standards of the readying team as there are some paint defects. They are sending it to the service centre on my behalf to get resolved in the next 5-7 working days. Anticipating at delivery all aspects will be flawless.
EDD pushed back to Saturday 10th Sept.
Supposedly they are doing ~100 deliveries per day at the moment.

[M3LR White/White. OD 6-Jan-22. Build 15-Jul-22, VIN 16-Jul-22. EDD revised bookings 29/8; 1/9; 10/9]
Glad they picked it up before handover, but still a shame for you. Hope mine is fine!

Yeah I didn't think this was something that they would be happy about!
I understand that the only way to “Pass on “ an unwanted Tesla order is for the original buyer to purchase the car from Tesla then sell it second hand to another party.
There are a number of Model 3s on Carsales where it’s clear that the seller purchased something else whilst waiting for the Tesla and now need to sell an extra car. Given shortages of almost every type of car this may be the most profitable way to go for the seller but involves a degree of hassle.
For someone purchasing a “Nearly New” Tesla or EV, you should understand that from a legal point of view it’s second hand so this affects how it qualifies, or doesn’t qualify, for various government rebates, so any prospective purchasers need to do due diligence and negotiation with full information.
In some circumstances the seller who purchased the car new and now wants to resell it can still claim a government rebate on top of potentially making a profit on the sale of the car, so any price needs to take these circumstances in mind.

So long story short.... I was hoping my Tesla M3 (White Exterior Black Interior) RWD will be arrived by Sept by the time I ordered it on 1st March this year. Just that the EDD keep pp... and I have sold my car in July.... I reckon my M3 RWD will not be here until Oct - Nov this year. In the meantime I have kinda lost interest at the car. And based on the personal reason, I am now getting a MB instead... Just wondering if anyone are interested in taking over my order? (not free). I have got some acessories like floor matt and rear trunk liner, Tesla matte black logo to be replaced with the OG one, entry door lights, phone holder, also pre-ordered a 3M wrap in satin grey color (if you are happy with white exterior then don't worry about the wraps) (photos attached). ESD Aug - Nov 2022. PM me if interested... Thank you.
How about we report you to tesla for violating your order agreement and selling your place in the queue.

Im sick and tired of people like you. If you don’t want the car, that’s fine, cancel your order!

So long story short.... I was hoping my Tesla M3 (White Exterior Black Interior) RWD will be arrived by Sept by the time I ordered it on 1st March this year. Just that the EDD keep pp... and I have sold my car in July.... I reckon my M3 RWD will not be here until Oct - Nov this year. In the meantime I have kinda lost interest at the car. And based on the personal reason, I am now getting a MB instead... Just wondering if anyone are interested in taking over my order? (not free). I have got some acessories like floor matt and rear trunk liner, Tesla matte black logo to be replaced with the OG one, entry door lights, phone holder, also pre-ordered a 3M wrap in satin grey color (if you are happy with white exterior then don't worry about the wraps) (photos attached). ESD Aug - Nov 2022. PM me if interested... Thank you.
That’s very generous. So, will you be selling the car at invoice price and passing on the stamp duty rebate and EV rebates to the buyer. Very nice of you. 🤔

So, after an 8-month wait, finally picked up my M3 LR today at Mulgrave, delivery experience was pretty much a breeze, spent half an hour in the centre, couldn’t find anything worth reporting, car was in great shape.
Took it home and examined every inch, still can’t find anything that needs fixing, quality is amazing… and that acceleration when you floor it…just reminded me of the test drive I had in early January that convinced me that this is the car…haha
For all of you still waiting out there, hang in there, it’s worth the wait, you kinda forget that you have waited so long for it the minute you pick up the car!
One thing worth mentioning is that I drove about 40kms in total today and the calibration is still in progress, is that normal?
Thanks in advance for your response!😄
You have to take it to the motorway. I drove almost 400 km and still couldn't get the calibration done. I drove on a four lane Parramatta Road and thought it was adequate but no. I took it to the tollway and calibration was complete within a few minutes.

Reactions: Braz and TCM3
I'm now on the THIRD "one last thing" paperwork between finance people and dealership.
Car is sitting there in a warehouse, waiting for me.....
This scenario was actually my question also. If Tesla gives me a delivery date, however my financing company drags their feet or gets something wrong and has to re-submit their paperwork a few times and ends up taking an extra week or more to get their finance paperwork and payment done, will this end up allowing Tesla to sell the car to another customer or will they work with your finance company to get this sorted? As this may delay pickup by more than a week if things don't get done right the first try and from what I hear is not that rare of an occurrence.

Well, it is home now. Everything seems to be fine, calibrated fine on drive home, 89% battery, everybody super friendly and helpful.
20220901_095338.jpg

This scenario was actually my question also. If Tesla gives me a delivery date, however my financing company drags their feet or gets something wrong and has to re-submit their paperwork a few times and ends up taking an extra week or more to get their finance paperwork and payment done, will this end up allowing Tesla to sell the car to another customer or will they work with your finance company to get this sorted? As this may delay pickup by more than a week if things don't get done right the first try and from what I hear is not that rare of an occurrence.
I've been emailing the SA from Tesla and he doesn't seem worried. Probably because he told me just today that the car only arrived yesterday, so compliance (what the finance company wants to see) should happen in next 24/48 hours. [A person that I work with, who ordered 1 week before I did, picked theirs up 4 days ago, so I assumed mine was already in the warehouse besides theirs]

So, hopped in the wife’s BMW 135i this morning. This is a nice little car, bags of power (3.0L turbo) with DCT and all the ///Motorsport addons.
First up, adjust driving position by pressing the seat memory button. WTF, doesn’t the car know who I am and automatically set the position when I put my foot on the brake?
Then put it into reverse. And wait for what seems like she’s for it to engage.
Reverse out, then have to put foot on brake, come to a stop, put it in drive, wait, then drive off.
No simple roll out slowly then flick the stalk down and drive off.
Then every time I stop, it felt like I had to wait for engine revs to increase, then car starts moving.
And it felt sloooowww…. This is a quick little beast that doe 0-100 in less than 5 seconds.

Definitely know that I made the right choice with the Model 3 Performance. 2-1/2 months in and I love it more every day.