Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually have serious concerns about this. What about those in abusive relationships or fleeing domestic violence? Effectively this is like hiding an AirTag in the car. Apple have gone to great lengths to prevent this kind of abuse. What if you give extended family or friends access? Surely they shouldn’t be allowed to track you?
I have not added her on and suspect it won't happen. She has her car and likes it a lot, and... do I trust anybody else to take my baby?🤔
I think using the spare keycard will suffice for us and aure as hell not connecting other peoples phones up! I once lent a motorbike to somebody and that was the last of it, so while I trust the missus, trust in others is severely limited...

I actually have serious concerns about this. What about those in abusive relationships or fleeing domestic violence? Effectively this is like hiding an AirTag in the car. Apple have gone to great lengths to prevent this kind of abuse. What if you give extended family or friends access? Surely they shouldn’t be allowed to track you?
I would recommend for someone who is not a very regular driver of the car, you would only let them use the keycard that comes with the car, rather than getting them to download the app and connect that to your car. The app is really only for use by people who use the car day to day.

Just looking at the difference between the M3RWD and the M3LR, I am thinking I should upgrade to the long range if that falls under the limit for the new FBT leasing policy on EVs. According to the comments elsewhere, it does if I only get paint and nothing else added on? Would I be able to upgrade my existing order at any time before a VIN is assigned (my window is March-May of 2023).

Thanks
A big difference between RWD and LR is that the LR has two engines, for starters. Hence acceleration is considerably quicker. Best to go on Tesla and do a compare.

The FBT exemption (when/if passed - remember this is not actually a thing yet!) cuts out at $84,916. Keeping price below that would be fine. I'm sure you could get paint and interior changed under that, though I have not looked since March. Don't add on other things like fsd. That will put you over, but you can add that once you have car and Novated lease sorted. Adding it at order time is not required.

Reactions: 121Gwatts
Anyone have shipping updates out of Shanghai to Aus over the next 8 weeks. I believe is will rain M3 VINs, I can feel it in my groin.

View attachment 848070
AsiaNZSchedule.jpg

A big difference between RWD and LR is that the LR has two engines, for starters. Hence acceleration is considerably quicker. Best to go on Tesla and do a compare.

The FBT exemption (when/if passed - remember this is not actually a thing yet!) cuts out at $84,916. Keeping price below that would be fine. I'm sure you could get paint and interior changed under that, though I have not looked since March. Don't add on other things like fsd. That will put you over, but you can add that once you have car and Novated lease sorted. Adding it at order time is not required.
Thanks mate. Am I able to change my order at any time before a VIN is assigned?

I would recommend for someone who is not a very regular driver of the car, you would only let them use the keycard that comes with the car, rather than getting them to download the app and connect that to your car. The app is really only for use by people who use the car day to day.
How would this work with rental cars?

For me the best benefit from LR over SR+ is the larger battery. I would happily take a single motor LR car as the US market got them in the beginning.

So for those Feb/Mar orders (and even late Jan potentially) are we expecting a large fleet of cars being loaded up on 28/9 (Morning Cherry) for delivery Mid October?
"large fleet of cars" might be an exaggeration here, as they manufacture a couple of thousand a day yet, they ship them here a few hundred per ship. So production per ship for AU market is only a few hours worth from one day for them.

How would this work with rental cars?

I used a rental service in Finland (called Beast) where all hiring and interaction with the car was done via their own custom app. They must have hooked into the custom APIs Tesla have to action things like unlocking, and putting the car into drive mode.

I’ve also hired off Evee in Melbourne and one owner added my account to his car for the day. I think you can add accounts as guests that can be easily removed later, though I don’t have my own car yet to confirm how this works.

Reactions: Latchr