Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, did I see something about the floor well lights now being able to be used. There seems to have been an option in settings. US only?
There are functioning foot well lights in my recent M3 LR. Cannot recall seeing options regarding them in the settings, but I have not poked at every possible button. Is that what you meant?

Musically, it's hard not to smile at Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, "Tijuana Taxi" while you wait for the car.
When you do receive your M3 try queuing The Beatle's Rubber Soul album for a dose of "Drive my car"

Reactions: MagicalseT
with an 11//3/22 OD I'm very confident that in 3-4 weeks I'll be getting VIN'd
I'm pretty confident that early October will see VIN's for at least up to March 15th. Early October for a VIN is the only way that those with August to November in their app will be able to receive their car on time.

Me however with a OD after March 15th and a "6 - 9 months from order date" in the app I'm unsure about. I'm thinking it will either be in October with you, or in November for a December delivery. I feel confident it will arrive before Febuary because current orders show a "Feb to May" delivery window.

This is all based on nothing but my own theories based on what I've seen here.

I think we're close - but that "close" is still 3 months away.

There are functioning foot well lights in my recent M3 LR. Cannot recall seeing options regarding them in the settings, but I have not poked at every possible button. Is that what you meant?

Musically, it's hard not to smile at Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, "Tijuana Taxi" while you wait for the car.
When you do receive your M3 try queuing The Beatle's Rubber Soul album for a dose of "Drive my car"
Thanks for the footwell update, I just recall them being installed but nor available in the past. Good to know.
I should’ve picked up “drive my car” in case it arrives while I’m away, and I need to authorise someone… and that’s looking decidedly possible

Now that delivery date is imminent, genuinely curious questions about PPF:

1. Why is PPF such a popular topic in the Tesla community? Is the paint quality so bad (as compared to ICE cars) that you need PPF to maintain its appearance? I’ve had a Mazda for 4 years now and there are no chip aways; it does have quite a bit of micro scratches, but I guess that quite normal and I’m ok to live with that.

2. Since I’ve paid $1500 for premium paint, should I just run without PPF and get it done after a few years. This way I’ll have a brand new (looking) metallic blue car for a few months/years and then a brand new (looking) ‘whatever colour’ car after a couple of years.

3. Does getting PPF done later in the car’s life (with potential paint chipping) make the finish inconsistent?

4. Is it cost prohibitive to paint the car after a few years as compared to doing PPF right away?
Def personal pref. for me i like to keep my car looking new all the time and protecting an investment. i just got ppf done on mine today and wish i could have booked in closer to when i picked it up at the end of august. The 10+ days without pff i managed to get a few small rock paint chips, on the bonnet almost dead centre, one side mirror and on front bumper. with blue paint it was easy to spot. The ppf installer did a good job touching it up and now can only see them if i point them out and could just say it’s a tiny air bubble from the pff :). I do mostly freeway driving so i know small rocks will continue to fly. anyone getting a blue tesla i’d 100% recommend ppf at a min just the front and side mirrors.

Now where's my Tesla??!!! 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20220908_102058.jpg
    IMG_20220908_102058.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 70
Hi guys, plenty is not willing to extend pre-approved rate for another a second 90 days (received pre approval in june). Is that everyone experience these days?
Plenti were able to extend my preapproval after 90 days, however I had to lock it in at the newer rate (at the time it went from 2.99% to 3.99%).

After 180 days I had to redo the entire application. They were able to approve the second application in a couple hours (now 5.99%).

Footwell lights, check lighting, ambient lights, they turn on with that, found by accident when I was just poking stuff..
Also figured out that if you have 'easy mode' for seating, park car and then move the seat, you can change that profile! Now the seat moves back for me to get out, not forwards to trap me!
Spotify also didn't seem to want to work for me, that night (last actually) car aaid it needed to update, this morning all working.. coincidence? Who knows...

Reactions: Polarxp and PcS000
A nervous 2 days after 3/4 loan deposit and 1/4 deposit from personal savings, my Tesla account finally acknowledges that no further payment is due.
But no delivery scheduled yet.
and no response from the Tesla SA to my email.
[maybe he/she is just very busy(?)]
possibly showing my age, but the last time I bought a new car, I got a lot more attention from the dealership.....

Turns out that you need a Spotify Premium account. Spotify Free Account won't work in the Tesla. :-(
The car can create its own account - it doesn't cost anything, it's ad-free, but it's linked to the car and can't be used elsewhere. From memory it's a link somewhere on the sign-in page to create it (maybe down the bottom?).

The car can create its own account
Thanks @cafz . I was aware of the "Car Account" but as I had my own existing Spotify account with all my stuff (playlists etc) I tried to log in as me rather than Mrs Tesla. What I didn't know (and thanks for the heads up) is that the Mrs Tesla account is ad-free - which is better than my free account which contains ads. I'll just have to manually replicate my playlists I guess.

Thanks @cafz . I was aware of the "Car Account" but as I had my own existing Spotify account with all my stuff (playlists etc) I tried to log in as me rather than Mrs Tesla. What I didn't know (and thanks for the heads up) is that the Mrs Tesla account is ad-free - which is better than my free account which contains ads. I'll just have to manually replicate my playlists I guess.
I think if you make your playlists public, then you can find them from the car's account. It might take a few days for them to find their way across to the public view though

Reactions: cafz
This sounds more like wishful thinking of a forum newbie than anything of substance, ive been here too long! 🤣🤪
You are probably correct, it may be wishful thinking on my part. Please explain to me how TELSTA will reach their target of 50000 TESLA's on the road by the end of the year.

For TESLA to meet their projected target, they will have to take advantage of the next 3 ships available in the next 20 days.

1662706770732.png