Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which they can do
True that, they could book a whole ship, they have always had that option, however they have chosen not to. I suspect for a large part because they do not have the infrastructure in place on the receiving end here to deal with such a large load of cars once the ship arrives here. They have slowly been increasing the delivery capacity, but I suspect at least this year they will not be in a position to handle such large volumes in one batch and that is most likely the reason they ship them in smaller batches.

Reactions: Robdunc
True that, they could book a whole ship, they have always had that option, however they have chosen not to. I suspect for a large part because they do not have the infrastructure in place on the receiving end here to deal with such a large load of cars once the ship arrives here. They have slowly been increasing the delivery capacity, but I suspect at least this year they will not be in a position to handle such large volumes in one batch and that is most likely the reason they ship them in smaller batches.
Maybe if they unloaded in multiple ports things would nd be more manageable? Astounds me that they would dock in Brisbane but not unload QLD vehicles here...

If I was Tesla, or an insurer of Tesla, I wouldn’t be keen on putting all Tesla on one boat. Imagine if it went down? By splitting across multiple ships you derisk the shipment.

Anybody else had the EDD disappear from the app in the last couple of days?
I hope the disappearing EDD is a good sign For you .National holidays are not unexpected events that would catch Tesla by surprise, maybe they have just decided to make MY vehicles for 5/10 and we have been pushed further back except for a a lucky few February RWDs Hopefully your order.
i am going overseas to visit my son for Christmas in December. Now fear that my delivery will be while I am away And I will lose it. Certainly didn't think of that when I ordered in March.

M3 RWD OD 12/3

yes, but it's still there when i login into tesla.com/teslaaccount

I hope the disappearing EDD is a good sign For you .National holidays are not unexpected events that would catch Tesla by surprise, maybe they have just decided to make MY vehicles for 5/10 and we have been pushed further back except for a a lucky few February RWDs Hopefully your order.
i am going overseas to visit my son for Christmas in December. Now fear that my delivery will be while I am away And I will lose it. Certainly didn't think of that when I ordered in March.

M3 RWD OD 12/3

I'm in the same boat! I'm an expat and always go back to Europe for Christmas & New Years (6 weeks or so) to see my family. Fingers crossed we will get our deliveries in November.

Reactions: Snoopy1
I think that the EDD is usually replaced with another message such as accepting Tesla Vision or logging into account to see changes or something like that. People have reported disappearing EDD recently but nothing else, including people with March, April and later orders.
That's based on what I've seen during the last VIN allocation and recent days.

Anyone thinking if joining Veda's service in the next couple of days?
I was going to join when I had a VIN, but given the public holidays over there, and what seems to be a preference for Y production maybe that isn't as close as I think 😬
So am sitting looking at those two tiers of membership 🤷‍♂️

I was going to join when I had a VIN, but given the public holidays over there, and what seems to be a preference for Y production maybe that isn't as close as I think 😬
Personally I don't see the point. Paying to know where exactly the car is won't make it come any faster. Each to their own.

Much more than just tracking your car…. And you get real info not like some of the many rumour based sites around.