Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am interested in your thoughts. Am I correct in my line of thinking?
I read some where Tesla sell 50,000 cars a year in Australia, that's 12,500 a quarter.
These cars are made in Shanghi Mega factory which has a manufacturing capacity of 1,000,000 cars per annum or 2,700 cars per day.
Using these numbers Australian production accounts for only 19 manufacturing days a year.
The average vehicle transport ship has capacity of 5,000 cars so to meet demand you would need only 10 shipments per year. To reduce risk you would only ship 50% capacity of one manufacture at a time so as to reduce risk of loss in event of a ship being lost so that means 20 ships per year or say 2 a month.
How does this compare to what is really happening?
The problem with these late orders as I see it is a logistics problem. If everything worked you should not have to wait more than 90 days from placing order to picking up vehicle from delivery. So how much of the delay is being caused by COVID lock downs and time to fill back orders or are their other factors such as components shortages.
I think Tesla's delivery problems are more to do with limited shipping capacity and not production but that said, you only have to fill a couple of ships with 100% Teslas and you will quickly fill the back log.

Same. And account page won't load. They must have an issue
It’s currently just after midnight in California, the most likely time to make changes or perform maintenance on servers and networks.
I have no car on order and can login, but when I try to manage my car I get a 404 error.
It’s just a website outage, most likely planned due to the timeframe.

Some good news for anyone like me on the Eastern Seaboard who have a build date late October. Assuming those cars have left Shanghai on the Don Juan, the vessel is now positioned off the Sunshine Coast.

The Don Juan is scheduled arrival date for Brisbane is today, ETA 9pm AEDT or 8pm AEST.

It’s then scheduled to arrive at Port Kembla on the November 15th. And then on to Port Melbourne November 18th.

🤞🤞🤞
Thanks for the colour MP. I have not worked out how to like a post yet (or don't have access as an early, free subscriber) but appreciate this colour.
I've been told the turnaround time is usually a day or two after landing, so on track for the start of our window of 20/11-4/12 it seems!!
New home charge being installed on Monday in time. 👍

Reactions: mpowney
My SA offered a 45 min test drive during the week after last week's disappointment. I'm not doing it, but it's worth a try.
Thanks for the more helpful reply. Was wondering if Tesla do them for a few hours at time to fully familiarise yourself before taking delivery. I might give them a shout or just rent one for the day from evee. Have a good eve 👍🏼

Reactions: SpicySol
This is your regular reminder to be polite and respectful to fellow members. Waiting for your new car can be stressful but really is a first world problem that doesn’t justify rudeness.
With the agreement of both parties this post has been deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked mine up from Chatswood, Sydney. Reached there on time and was guided by a friendly Tesla rep, Ishan.

Accepted delivery from the account and the car appeared in the app, did the customary light flash and traced the car amidst the number of deliveries lined up for the day. Spent nearly half an hour inspecting and drove off.

Calibration took nearly 50 kms, and the car is now at it's full potential. All the accessories are going in one by one and my turn to call out the 'worth the wait' phrase.

This waiting room has been amazing over the last 9 months and what a great set of people we have in this forum. All those waiting, wish you all the best and hope your car will be here soon.

Any questions, do reach out.

Picked mine up from Chatswood, Sydney. Reached there on time and was guided by a friendly Tesla rep, Ishan.

Accepted delivery from the account and the car appeared in the app, did the customary light flash and traced the car amidst the number of deliveries lined up for the day. Spent nearly half an hour inspecting and drove off.

Calibration took nearly 50 kms, and the car is now at it's full potential. All the accessories are going in one by one and my turn to call out the 'worth the wait' phrase.

This waiting room has been amazing over the last 9 months and what a great set of people we have in this forum. All those waiting, wish you all the best and hope your car will be here soon.

Does your car still have ultrasonic sensors?

Nice, congrats! I'm sure you'll love your wheels!