Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at least hoping for an MY vin storm so it opens up opportunities to get a used 2022 M3 at a reasonable price as currently there are only 8 M3 available used in SA on carsales.
With a zero tolerance to the cold (which is what covid is now), this craziness will go on for a while yet in China. Disruptions to their economy that this is causing is mind blowing... they need to clear orders as it isnt getting cheaper to produce the cars anytime soon!

Hi, everyone.
Im originally from china, and I watch a lot of new in china. I feel like to share the latest incident of the model Y's brake failure. The lost control and then traveled 2km on high speed then killed two ppl in china. The driver claims his brake pedal became resistant. This incident has been escalated to a national level, and still under investigation. Can refer to the CCTV footage released by officials below.

I'm very concerned about this as there are other owners one Chinese social media reporting they have encountered similar experience (ABS malfunction on bumpy road).
I AM NOT HERE TO UPSET ANYONE...

I have ordered my model 3 on 25th Mar. , still no VIN, EDD DEC. 2022 to Jan. 2023

Hope to arise some attention on this matter, does anyone had this experience on the Australian versions ?

My order in case ppl say im anti Tesla , spreading rumors

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 10.56.42 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 10.56.42 am.png
    438.6 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Snoopy1
Hi, everyone.
Im originally from china, and I watch a lot of new in china. I feel like to share the latest incident of the model Y's brake failure. The lost control and then traveled 2km on high speed then killed two ppl in china. The driver claims his brake pedal became resistant. This incident has been escalated to a national level, and still under investigation. Can refer to the CCTV footage released by officials below.

I'm very concerned about this as there are other owners one Chinese social media reporting they have encountered similar experience (ABS malfunction on bumpy road).

I have ordered my model 3 on 25th Mar. , still no VIN, EDD DEC. 2022 to Jan. 2023

Hope to arise some attention on this matter, does anyone had this experience on the Australian versions ?
This smells of BYD...

Reactions: penn_
Hi, everyone.

No brake lights, no brakes applied working or not, brake failure does not cause rapid acceleration. Tesla have already reported no brakes applied but gas pedal constantly down.

They also refuse cars past a certain number of KM (120,000 IIRC).

A local dealership on the weekend offered me double Tesla's initial offer back in March. Winner winner chicken dinner
Mine only has 107,000 but is 2015. I will probably just go with the original plan of selling privately myself. It's a pain but worth the extra money for me.

Reactions: penn_ and BegaPride
When my mom shared this news to me I said the same: " media always report it when its a Tesla, the must be the driver's faulty" and I read more details, started to question
wait for the final investigation report, don't jump to conclusion. But it does make me wonder why these weird Tesla incident happens mostly in China. Maybe this is a good thing for us, less ppl order in china means more allocation for the rest of the market.