Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This refresh though sounds pretty significant, cosmetic changes inside and out, better range batteries, lighter weight car, better performance, even possibly a digital dash in front of the driver? Lots of people with orders for next year will probably cancel to get the new one? Can you postpone an order?
I actually really like the current Model 3 looks and interior, so would not really want to cancel and re-do my order. However I would really like them to start putting mega castings into Model 3 as that would be beneficial to the rigidity and weight of the car. Though at current stage all those upgrades they spoke about appeared to have a very vague wording as in that none of this is confirmed or sure and most of it was to make manufacturing faster and cheaper, so giga castings are very likely but also if the looks of interior gets cheaper look, I might not like it, and if it gets delayed and releases a year from now, then that would be longer wait than I would like. However if they go with the newer battery format and size that might increase range, then I really would like that extra range :)

Reactions: ARON44
I actually really like the current Model 3 looks and interior, so would not really want to cancel and re-do my order. However I would really like them to start putting mega castings into Model 3 as that would be beneficial to the rigidity and weight of the car. Though at current stage all those upgrades they spoke about appeared to have a very vague wording as in that none of this is confirmed or sure and most of it was to make manufacturing faster and cheaper, so giga castings are very likely but also if the looks of interior gets cheaper look, I might not like it, and if it gets delayed and releases a year from now, then that would be longer wait than I would like. However if they go with the newer battery format and size that might increase range, then I really would like that extra range :)
I guess it’s a case of buy something now, knowing what it is, or wait until it might change, possibly for the better, possibly not.

If you sit around waiting for the next improvement (or changes to reduce cost) in any product you continue to miss out on the current one.

Reactions: neilg and BegaPride
I guess it’s a case of buy something now, knowing what it is, or wait until it might change, possibly for the better, possibly not.

If you sit around waiting for the next improvement (or changes to reduce cost) in any product you continue to miss out on the current one.
Add to that inflation on the dollar, insurance and shipping, plus tooling delays in the factory. That leads us to '23 being a repeat of '22 just for an updated model at a more than likely higher price, taking into account inflation

I'm curious as to the concept of "test payments". I would have thought it was time to pay the full outstanding amount once the invoice arrives. Am I missing something?
I did a test payment because it’s not difficult to get the transaction details wrong for a lot of reasons, even when you’re copying and pasting things from one screen to another. Better to find out it’s wrong with $100 at stake than 10s of thousands at stake.

And with some (most?) internet banking systems you can easily repeat a transaction to the same recipient knowing the info is correct from the first test payment.

I think the general consensus here Tesla expects payment in full 2 business days before the delivery date. So you can do a test payment of a relatively small amount immediately when you have the invoice, then be confident keeping the funds in your own accounts earning interest, offsetting interest, or whatnot, for the maximum possible time, knowing the payment will go through successfully when the time comes.

I might add though, if your car is fully financed, then a test payment isn’t necessary.

For example Macquarie tells me when a loan from them is authorised for execution, the funds from them go through to Tesla within 30 minutes (I can’t confirm this yet, though). They would likely have the systems in place to ensure mistakes are less likely

Add to that inflation on the dollar, insurance and shipping, plus tooling delays in the factory. That leads us to '23 being a repeat of '22 just for an updated model at a more than likely higher price, taking into account inflation
Thanks - some logical points. Need to remind myself I made a purchase decision in Feb 22 based on price, rebates/incentives, and my trade value at that point in time, so not much value in me looking to what 'might' be the next iteration and net cost down the track.

Reactions: danesuper6

I'm happy to be driving away in my current model $62k RWD (hopefully in the next 2 weeks!), while also claiming 1/11 GST, and temporary full expensing in this financial year. And if the new model is a significant step forward, and I'm still impressed by tesla, I'll pass this car to my wife and order a M3P 😝

I think once they reveal this refresh, orders for the current one will really drop off with a fair few cancellations, always happens around facelifts, I might even get mine a lot sooner than I think? From what I’ve read so far it could get a new steering wheel with no indicator stalks like the S, and maybe wireless steering? Which sounds weird lol, a lot of it tho seems to be bringing the same build efficiency as they have with the Y, it’s cheaper to make, 300 less robots which means more room to make more cars, it’ll definitely be lighter and have a better battery which are the two most important things for me, I guess we’ll see soon enough what they’ve got planned?

This refresh though sounds pretty significant, cosmetic changes inside and out, better range batteries, lighter weight car, better performance, even possibly a digital dash in front of the driver? Lots of people with orders for next year will probably cancel to get the new one? Can you postpone an order?
Yeah. I'm beginning to have some serious thoughts about this - despite being assigned a VIN already. Is it worth getting a 2022 car in 2023 knowing that a revamped version of the same car might be released in the same year (2023)? My wife has atto3 coming in early 2023, I have been thinking maybe we should stay with that until the new model 3 is released.

Yeah. I'm beginning to have some serious thoughts about this - despite being assigned a VIN already. Is it worth getting a 2022 car in 2023 knowing that a revamped version of the same car might be released in the same year (2023)? My wife has atto3 coming in early 2023, I have been thinking maybe we should stay with that until the new model 3 is released.
I’m sure many people with orders arriving in the coming months will be thinking the same? If you’re not fussed about a longer wait then get the facelift, but it’s hard to say yet until we see what it actually is??

• Helpful
Reactions: Mal Cartwright
There’s always something new around the corner. I’ll be happy with the 2022… AND IT CANT COME QUICK ENOUGH 😂🤣

Reactions: No EV and choppa