Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about hidden VIN's, if I have a hidden VIN on my Tesla page when using the chrome extension, but no official VIN given. Does that mean the car has been built yet?

How long does it usually take to receive a VIN and invoice after you get notified that a vehicle has been assigned to you?

Thanks
Yes.

an invoice is generated a few days after being built unless there is an unconfirmed trade-in

Got up early for the World Cup, checked the situation of my February order which landed in Melbourne 1 week ago. Was 2nd - 16th December now reads 13th - 25th!!!
seriously, Tesla…. Losing the will to live here. I’ve seen May orders receive SMS for pickup from this shipment … what the heck is going on here?
It’s one thing to say you can’t control when the cars are built according to order date when in China, but surely you can do better when they’re in Australia with delivering in a fairer manner. This now past a joke.

Reactions: neilg
Got up early for the World Cup, checked the situation of my February order which landed in Melbourne 1 week ago. Was 2nd - 16th December now reads 13th - 25th!!!
seriously, Tesla…. Losing the will to live here. I’ve seen May orders receive SMS for pickup from this shipment … what the heck is going on here?
It’s one thing to say you can’t control when the cars are built according to order date when in China, but surely you can do better when they’re in Australia with delivering in a fairer manner. This now past a joke.
A few weeks ago mine jumped and my heart sunk, I'd been thinking I was getting the car between the end of November and December 9th only for it to jump out to as late as the 19th of December....a few hours later I got the delivery SMS and locked in the 7th of December. So hopefully you'll get that SMS today as well and it'll be closer to the start of that new EDD than the end like it was for me.

My EDD has also been bumped to 14-28 December. That makes it 5 changes.

Personally I think the most insulting thing about it is they don't even contact you and tell you the EDD has changed, they expect YOU to check the app daily and see for yourself. No contact or info or messaging at all

Reactions: Snoopy1
A few weeks ago mine jumped and my heart sunk, I'd been thinking I was getting the car between the end of November and December 9th only for it to jump out to as late as the 19th of December....a few hours later I got the delivery SMS and locked in the 7th of December. So hopefully you'll get that SMS today as well and it'll be closer to the start of that new EDD than the end like it was for me.
Did the delivery sms come through on a weekend, or a weekday?

I keep checking to see whether my estimated date has changed from Dec -Jan but it sounds like I shouldn’t get too excited given the absence of a commitment with any of the dates offered