Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand why people are paying for the car before being given a delivery date
Because they tell you to before the delivery window. What can you do. I have a red M3 on order since last may I had a delivery window of 21st December to 31 December. My earliest I could collect is January 31, it’s really crap and quite unfair. I’m losing. 333 per month as they have taken that money. It’s not right

I don't understand why people are paying for the car before being given a delivery date
Because they tell you to before the delivery window. What can you do. I have a red M3 on order since last may I had a delivery window of 21st December to 31 December. My earliest I could collect is January 31, it’s really crap and quite unfair. I was so looking forward to collecting on December 31 as I thought that’s what it was. I’m losing $333 per month as they have taken that money. It’s not right plus I got a lecture from my wife about this.

Reactions: Trick and radicalEd
Because they tell you to before the delivery window. What can you do. I have a red M3 on order since last may I had a delivery window of 21st December to 31 December. My earliest I could collect is January 31, it’s really crap and quite unfair. I’m losing. 333 per month as they have taken that money. It’s not right
Any SA I spoke to said don't pay until you have a delivery date

Any SA I spoke to said don't pay until you have a delivery date
They don't want to deal with refund requests. If your car is around the corner, delaying the payment put you in a position where you have to urgently pay almost 70k in several days, and no one gives a thing that "I can't transfer 70k in 4 days because of 2-3 of them are not business days/my bank allows me to transfer only 20k per day!". If you have no doubts about taking the car eventually - just pay and have less headache before collection.

Reactions: Braz and Snoopy1
They don't want to deal with refund requests. If your car is around the corner, delaying the payment put you in a position where you have to urgently pay almost 70k in several days, and no one gives a thing that "I can't transfer 70k in 4 days because of 2-3 of them are not business days/my bank allows me to transfer only 20k per day!". If you have no doubts about taking the car eventually - just pay and have less headache before collection.
To make a large payment you can ring the bank to authorise a one off payment over $20k. I did this to purchase my Tesla.

I see my EDD on the app has changed to December 29 to January 19 so maybe I am towards the front of the ship 😂

still holding out for delivery earlier than later in January. Good luc to everyone else stuck in Port Kembla 🤞

I live in Gerringong about 50kms south from PK I could just pick it up in half an hour haha

OD March 12 2022 M3 RWD plain and simple for early delivery 😎

Reactions: daisy22
I would have paid much earlier except I was chasing Tesla for the final invoice for 3.5 weeks, then I finally got it and provided it to my leasing company and they asked me to schedule delivery 2-3 days later.
I was able to fast track all final signatures to ensure that it was all with the bank as quickly as possible and missed out on settlement by an hour. Tesla likes to have remittance by 3pm the previous day to delivery. Booking in though meant that I got the next available delivery spot which is tomorrow. Super Excited