Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I was over the waiting game.
I ordered a homelink install on January 19 just after taking delivery after waiting over 345 days for the car.
Now I've been waiting for almost a month to get the part out of the Melbourne parts warehouse because they're installing a new warehouse management system.
Does this company employ forward planning managers???

I go to pick up my M3 LR in Perth today. Come off the last ship Dignity Ace from Singapore. I will let you know if there are any surprises

I was meant to pick up this morning too, but had issues with my lease company. Hopefully all going well will be Wednesday arvo now.

Keen to know if the UMC was included in the car as is expected this quarter. When you stop driving long enough to check the net 😀

Hey All! Picked up this morning. UMC was in the boot. Great build, I walked around and refused to take delivery till I had inspected. Insist upon n that, they will try to get you to accept before you see it. I drove it about 5om from pick up to wheels then detailing.

Overall process was no frills but also no hassle. The pickup warehouse is a hole and a long walk (my.uber dropped me at the road..... Don't do that)

Will be changing the plates soon as I get it back from detailer.

Attachments

• PXL_20230210_033252692.jpg
    PXL_20230210_033252692.jpg
    963.1 KB · Views: 115
  • PXL_20230210_020150794.jpg
    PXL_20230210_020150794.jpg
    634.8 KB · Views: 45
  • PXL_20230210_021149121.jpg
    PXL_20230210_021149121.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 45
I thought I was over the waiting game.
I ordered a homelink install on January 19 just after taking delivery after waiting over 345 days for the car.
Now I've been waiting for almost a month to get the part out of the Melbourne parts warehouse because they're installing a new warehouse management system.
Does this company employ forward planning managers???
its all outsourced / 3PL... cheap contractors.

Quick update on today's delivery process at Alexandria.

First the trade in drop off entrance is immediate past Bunnings, I was trading in two vehicles and the team at Alexandria wasn't aware of the second car, guess my SA forgot to tell them even though I've had both cars values added to my invoice. Not a big deal guys there said they'll just take a bit longer to go through the trade in check process. Also was doing a number plate from one of my trade ins to the Tesla, which they were aware of and they would handle it for me including drilling new holes in my existing Euro style plate.
Proceeded to walk around the block to the main check in office since they don't allow you to walk through the warehouse, spent about 10 to 15 min waiting for the trade in verification and plate swap. They even process the plate swap with ServiceNSW too, so that's handy.
Waiting room had a few lounges and water available, while waiting they set you up with the Tesla app (if you don't have it already) and have you "Accept Delivery" on the Tesla account.
Once the trade in was done, they send you through to the main warehouse where they finally take you to the new car. Did a fairly thorough check of the car going by the delivery day checklists online, everything was perfect and they did not rush you out at all. Probably spent a solid 30 min going through all the checks and key pairing etc.
They apologised for not having the plate frame for my existing Euro size plates, not a big deal for me as I had kept my previous full acrylic plate cover to use on the Tesla. Interestingly another new owner had some minor scruff marks on their rear bumper which they had the onsite cleaner/detailer come to fix up on the spot.
The team there had assistants walking around all the time so it was easy to ask any questions, and they were happy to help you set everything up before you leave.

Reactions: Dilepa
When rainman was asked the price of a chocolate bar, his response was “about a dollar“. The price of a caddy? “about a dollar”. And when someone asks me when we’re getting the Tesla, I say ”about a month away..”
Was starting to get chuffed that we were within the EDD window. Then it slipped another week overnight,so it is once again, “about a month away “ (Or 11 months from order date. Which would be ok I guess except I have ZERO confidence in the estimate ). In the meantime, we’re learning what it’s like to be a one car household (having sold the 4wd over xmas)

Was starting to get chuffed that we were within the EDD window. Then it slipped another week overnight,so it is once again, “about a month away “ (Or 11 months from order date. Which would be ok I guess except I have ZERO confidence in the estimate ). In the meantime, we’re learning what it’s like to be a one car household (having sold the 4wd over xmas)
Blame the ports for that hold up

Mine was brought forward again by a full month: 14Feb - 7 Mar

Hi all, new here.

I ordered my 3 RWD last Friday and pick it up this Friday. 🙂

Inventory stock so I cheated a bit....

Look forward to learning a lot about my new toy!
Hi there, I'm thinking about ordering inventory stock now but I won't be in the country back until 1 March. How long was the window of delivery dates/times that they let you choose? Trying to see if I can get a booking in say 3 weeks time...

I'm curious about why there is such a large inventory for Queensland Brisbane. For a while there were 12 cars there. It's now down to 9. I notice Western Australia has a match for my car in inventory, however I'm in South Australia, and I remember someone earlier saying they didn't manage to get an inventory car from interstate. Pity.

Hi there, I'm thinking about ordering inventory stock now but I won't be in the country back until 1 March. How long was the window of delivery dates/times that they let you choose? Trying to see if I can get a booking in say 3 weeks time...
Thanks. Can you select a delivery window 3 weeks into the future?

When I ordered it was a case of how soon can you come and get it?... basically ASAP.
I only got 7 days because I told them I needed time for my Novated Lease company to get things sorted on their end...

Just give your local Centre a call and ask the sales assistant what's possible.

Also note that inventory stock is already on site, so you'll need to go to the delivery centre where it's located to pick up, they will not transfer it to your local delivery centre.

I'm curious about why there is such a large inventory for Queensland Brisbane. For a while there were 12 cars there. It's now down to 9.

Each of the vehicles showing in inventory is a particular combination of colour, wheels and interior.
There can be more than one example of each combination in stock...

When I ordered my Inventory car, white with black interior and 18" wheels, I was told that earlier that morning there were 10, mine was the third last available!