Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I ordered it was a case of how soon can you come and get it?... basically ASAP.
I only got 7 days because I told them I needed time for my Novated Lease company to get things sorted on their end...

Just give your local Centre a call and ask the sales assistant what's possible.

Also note that inventory stock is already on site, so you'll need to go to the delivery centre where it's located to pick up, they will not transfer it to your local delivery centre.
Also note that inventory stock is already on site
Just wanted to say that that is not (always) true. I changed my order to an inventory vehicle in early January, and my car only just landed in Port Melbourne this week. According to the EDD it can still take up to three weeks to take delivery. So for Tesla, "inventory vehicle" could mean that the car is ready to go, or it could be sitting on the tarmac in Shanghai waiting to be picked up by some shipping vessel.

Reactions: carefreesea
Picked up yesterday from Chatswood, after waiting for an eternity to get my hands on this peice of beauty!

No hassle pickup, car was charged to 100%, didn't notice anything discernible apart from water bubbles/residue from the cleaning. The red is stunning, and it goes faster too 😉

SA grasped at the amount of time I had to wait, and said I could have booked last week to collect the same spec today (they have stuff in the inventory).

Autopilot was calibrated within 20 mins. One hiccup with the autopilot was that it didn't recognise the drop in speed limit inside Northconnex, and the car did around 100-200 metres above the speed limit (it was 75 KMPH against the speed limit of 70 KMPH). Don't wanna kop a fine, but hey, there's stuff to learn (you should always have control).

Amazing sound system, baby seemed to love it too (didn't cry for most of the 80 KMs we drove yesterday). Hope that stays true 🙂

Is it worth the wait? The hell it is 😍

Sending my love to all those in the waiting room, the queue, and those that have achieved driving nirvana after having taken delivery of this car ❤️

One hiccup with the autopilot was that it didn't recognise the drop in speed limit inside Northconnex, and the car did around 100-200 metres above the speed limit (it was 75 KMPH against the speed limit of 70 KMPH)
I have had that too at both ends of that tunnel - even with the speed for TACC set to “set to my current speed” rather than “set to detected speed” the car still changes speed automatically at both ends of that tunnel when driving on TACC, and also (worse, and as you discovered) automatically changes to the _wrong_ speed. There are a couple of places where my car auto-slows (exit from M2 motorway eastbound to Mona Vale Rd) but from memory that NorthConnex tunnel is the only place it auto-speeds-up.

The car it doesn’t read those dynamic/digital signs in the tunnels, so be super careful when driving in them and they have changed the dynamic limit to 40km/h or whatever, or it could end up an expensive trip.

Reactions: MaskaChaska
Was in Innaloo earlier today thought I'd drop past the delivery centre to see where it is.

Fair few Model 3s awaiting delivery.

PXL_20230212_033835845.jpg

yes, they don't transfer inventory interstate. not even from Melbourne to Adelaide, even though thats how they deliver cars for Adelaide. strange.
Interestingly there's a bit about interstate purchases in their used car FAQ Ordering a Used Tesla Vehicle | Tesla Support Australia
Q: If I pick up a vehicle in another state, are there registration implications?
A: If you are picking up your Tesla vehicle in another state, Tesla will be able to register the vehicle for you in your home state in most situations.

Thanks. Can you select a delivery window 3 weeks into the future?
I selected a date 3 weeks from when I received the text. I had the option of 18/01 to 20/01. I guess the next available date varies each time.

My novated lease didn’t pay them until the 24th. I called tesla twice to reschedule and picked up on the 27th.

Tesla did tell me that they would only hold it till the 25th but I had shown them proof of payment. It has to clear 2 days before delivery

The quarterly targets are for cars that are delivered. Cars in transit don't count which is why historically Tesla has tried to deliver cars in the same quarter they are built.

That's slowly changing though, as they're competing for space on limited car carrying ships with every other manufacturer, and I imagine it creates staffing issues too - end of quarter frenzies followed by months of boredom.

Reactions: Ryanjava
It's a little sad signing off here, I pray I'll be back one day to wait for mine :) Today my wife picked up her Model 3 LR from the delivery centre in Perth.

I'm sure this has been covered before but I'll repeat it anyway. 75m up the road from the delivery centre there is an absolutely wonderful (and very upmarket) coffee shop called Casa Nostra Caffe - very much in-line with picking up a luxury vehicle. Grab a coffee!

The delivery centre on the other hand is a dilapidated old shed next to the covid clinic (I am not complaining at all! Just setting expectations). We got in line with about 20 other people which they shuffle through reasonably quickly. We accepted the car on my wife's phone, they pointed to where it was and told us to take our time and grab a Tesla employee if we had any questions. Some people they walked to their cars, it really depends on if they're busy or not. All the staff were great they all were happy to join in the joy of receiving a new vehicle.

We took our time setting up phone keys, accounts, preferences, really the whole experience is just wonderful. No upselling, no rush, and plenty of help around if we needed. This way of buying a car is just wonderful! When we were ready we left, my wife was nervous and pulled over twice getting out of the car-park. By the time she got home she had the same stupid grin on her face that I've had since we placed the order.

LBWXeRDHgPTQWXRkdTfp3-yhGFR9rEx2IWRc8lJvU2qvKMzaqDwvjBBvh6WFQg7JgVrXRpmKrdWxBLnhbnlgd0Xvf4-cf325Lbw2XM9Wzc2-4m5xxgApkWDbjKX4dW2p7y0Gt8d8LlssyPN9ViLjU1izuNwYdVmkgIqInUDb3ifVbAiu6hMiywRgJYwsaMSVreRPh1OdQoom2Hxzk-8Gndp47zLgdMWAcWRTkWPMD9ZV_8rZ3QBnmwOKAp5M0ei9QlvoR5r8Xwr5VVmYIaRUDTFY1-vkL5IRWYlQxxs3570VYMm-GsgtqMVbA3NbFnLRY_4kRsBXXDnD3qScSiIQ5JLiHU51vrl-GUkW0hSRO3x5SmCSTReILoxWdioflDry2DotLu_PSws5zgyH2CGU0MboPy2VDp3UKUT4wWosVOWtX3ontcfXHUrjkS6ZITKLm4gtGtlDsLF3EmzDsyWvHDC8WD1DY-oFt2-wgGSaK9Ow_7gNk-KrMkA0N_8EpoewjUBrtHMtAIlbPsv_gZtk8vyznEyAfRma7tY1lFLEFQfNaDQjVxd6PvOerGCNzLIFTnrEIcnuQqFkuPNfEfdD-CRlJrtTQU46fUBjU6awUu1rJufnU1ql4Ly8KlEuSjL9RoWqRfLnE3XxL8s7wuZtkY87DYDOulOkoxu2Rzyi3vBIfEDVrawlmJgRT8WzHlU1qQnVThmrshHEkaTr5ShUxcPYstg8Ic8UxomuFFObXACUdqu8R051FD6qLqWhnTCVDVtDNpcCKEYW-jNCg8UjdmReVTAj6RoXhZJC0eqC3hApoZEudPQeKli1DvGIswXBvQmX2G80Sv2Z2vzSx5CAsbYfJVq35CeGIRbbs69vvzJnIrfwX-oViAkK6yXcDXCCZOVh4U2PtMkRfjuqpGtwrPinNpIJZTz9xTpTUpvZIKC5nA=w884-h663-no