Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t ask me how I obtained this photo, but there are so many new Model 3’s behind the old Holden Factory in SA. Majority grey, black and blue.
IMG_1409.jpeg

My car is in the yard 6 km's from my house been sitting there since DJ docked in port Kembla and I can't get to it until the 13 from the Miranda store which is about 90kms away
Its a bit frustrating. Im on the last week and a bit of my annual leave too so im pretty much wasting it waiting whereas i could be out being irresponsible in a tesla..

Reactions: Chargedpixels
My car is in the yard 6 km's from my house been sitting there since DJ docked in port Kembla and I can't get to it until the 13 from the Miranda store which is about 90kms away

I did not see a single white one!
I'm tempted to go for a drive to check them out... maybe a bit later. can easily figure out the carpark location from the Pedders in the background :p

• Funny
Reactions: Tesl3on
I did not see a single white one!

Conspiracy theory: white cars have lowest gross profit, so prioritising other colours.

(Thinking: manufacturing cost difference between colours is w-a-a-a-a-y less than the price difference. What do you reckon? Maybe $100 extra factory cost for Ultra Red? But the price is $2,600 extra => $2,500 additional GP. So you fill the orders for coloured cars first, and leave the Storm Troopers for later.)

Conspiracy theory: white cars have lowest gross profit, so prioritising other colours.

(Thinking: manufacturing cost difference between colours is w-a-a-a-a-y less than the price difference. What do you reckon? Maybe $100 extra factory cost for Ultra Red? But the price is $2,600 extra => $2,500 additional GP. So you fill the orders for coloured cars first, and leave the Storm Troopers for later.)
Hmm maybe…