Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's definitely possible otherwise Tesla wouldn't have done the update.

Best case scenario, ATD Shanghai Jul 31. All water to BNE Aug 9, ETD SYD Aug 12. A week for them to play with the paperwork and detailing
Any idea how to stop them detailing my car? Does anyone contact you prior or anything like that? Prefer to take the plastic off myself

Any idea how to stop them detailing my car? Does anyone contact you prior or anything like that? Prefer to take the plastic off myself
Reach out to your Tesla Sales Adviser. I think you have buckley's on removing the plastic yourself but I wish you the best of luck.

You'll note how they refer to it as "Express Delivery", they're deliberately setting the expectation that they have very little wiggle room to accommodate anything.

Reach out to your Tesla Sales Adviser. I think you have buckley's on removing the plastic yourself but I wish you the best of luck.

You'll note how they refer to it as "Express Delivery", they're deliberately setting the expectation that they have very little wiggle room to accommodate anything.
I don't really have a sales advisor. I'll just pop by next time im in the area

Reactions: Maximillan
I would expect that if you relive the plastic yourself, then they haven’t had a chance to check the car for damage in transit or that all parts are working as expected. You would take the liability of fixing any problems that you may find. There’s no way I would see them allowing this.

Zero chance of that. It's all handled by 3rd party automotive logistics and generally done on the docks- Pretty much all automotive companies use these 3rd services to prep cars and very little is done by the dealer . Simply no way they will let Joe Blow customer near the docks. You just have to leave it to them.

Ordered on first day at 2:03 PM.

Vin Received - 03/03
EDD - Sep 10 - Sep 19
No Invoice yet.

I see a link for 'Application of Vehicle Registration'. What to do after filling it. Do i have to go to Service NSW and submit it !?
I want custom Rego plates. how can i do that !?