Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my "Schedule Your Model Y Delivery" email & SMS yesterday too.

Booked for Delivery next week Thursday, July 6th at Alexandria.

Haven't spoken to my SA since January. Besides the delay which my SA advised me of already in January, it has been quite smooth and efficient. Can't fault Tesla staff. Only comunication has been via email and they were very business like, clear, and efficient.

My company has a $40k daily EFT limit, so by Monday the full $84k will be paid. Too easy.

MY RWD, Blue, Induction, Ordered 22/1/23, Built 24/4/23, RAV 18/5/23, EDD Jul 6-27, Jul 1-22, Delivery Jul 6, SYD

Reactions: BabyTyrone and Gior
Hi guys, perhaps I shouldn't even be in this thread now because we picked up our MYLR on Wednesday morning. Cut me some slack. Our experience so far...

DELIVERY: As with the ordering process it was good I thought. Nothing like any other vehicle I've bought but quick and to the point. Pickup was Tesla Pinkenba QLD (Brisbane). In at 11am out at 11.25am.

THE CAR: MYLR, white with black and induction wheels. The car was clean and in good condition. No faults found except the bonnet being ever so slightly lower than the guards. Probably an adjustment but nothing to worry about. Inside was, to our eyes, in perfect condition. Tesla has a reputation for poor build quality, well maybe in the USA but it appears the Shanghai (Chinese) RHD variety are damn good.

DRIVING HOME: Holy cow! Sensational comes to mind. We test drove a vehicle before buying but the vehicle is way better to drive than I'd imagined. The quietest drive I've ever experienced on the road from Brisbane to Noosa easily exceeding our BMW X5 with double glazed windows. Our current car, Mercedes Benz E class diesel isn't in the same league. Performance wise (we have the LR) is sensational but to be truthful, it's very rarely needed if you're a half decent driver. Handling is great too but there is definitely a learning curve in the overall experience. getting used to everything being controlled from the screen is strange at first but I'm sure it'll be easy with experience.

I might pop back in here to give an update later but for all of you still waiting, don't despair, delivery will come soon enough and I promise the wait was worth it.
Interesting. I swear the leading edge of my 3’s bonnet is fractionally lower than the bumper and the guard on either side. But I don’t mind. Most Ys and 3s I’ve seen over the years, THIS is the one panel gap where, if the bonnet sits up “where it should”, flush with the bumper’s, the gap between the two looks accentuated. So I don’t mind it sitting fractionally lower than the bumper!

When I picked the MYLR 30Jun23, the SA asked me when I ordered. I said 4Apr23. He was surprised and said I was the shortest wait period he has heard of. He said yesterday he delivered one where the period was 14 months

From my point of view, either he was telling the truth or porkies. Why would a car salesman tell me that?. The only reason I can come up with was to make me think I'm lucky to only wait 12 weeks (and anyone else whose wait is less than 14 months). As he was effectively a car salesman, and by definition, he must have been telling porkies.

I suggested to Tesla that it should publish Estimated shipping date on the ordering website. Assuming that Tesla batch builds for the RHD market, it would have X number of slots in the batch which are only built when that batch slots are fully subscribed. It would then know how long it would take to build that batch and then ship. Once the batch slots are full a new estimated shipping date appears on the ordering website.

So the EDD when ordering should be replaced by ESD - estimated shipping date. Once the Batch is full and build has commenced, an SMS is sent saying Build commenced and on the ordering website a new ESD appears for those contemplating an order.
Once shipped, as SMS says "shipped- left factory".

I also suggested that once shipping has occurred, any delays is due to the shipping company and the ports and would be easier on people.

The Batch build possibly is the reason for the MS/X being canned from AUS. Not enough orders to fill the minimum production batches it considers to be efficient.

When I picked the MYLR 30Jun23, the SA asked me when I ordered. I said 4Apr23. He was surprised and said I was the shortest wait period he has heard of. He said yesterday he delivered one where the period was 14 months

From my point of view, either he was telling the truth or porkies. Why would a car salesman tell me that?. The only reason I can come up with was to make me think I'm lucky to only wait 12 weeks (and anyone else whose wait is less than 14 months). As he was effectively a car salesman, and by definition, he must have been telling porkies.
Possibly a new SA, and just excited for you. I don’t know if they receive commissions based on speed of delivery.
Day 1 orders June 10 2022 were delivered into Sydney/Bris/Melb in early August 2022. So around 60 days. WA orders were slightly delayed due to transhipment delays between Melbourne and Perth, but the first deliveries started late August 2022. Ao around 80 days.
Model 3 orders from 2021 into 2022 had long delays due to Covid factory shutdowns.

Apologies in advance for asking this here but I've googled and followed instructions I've found, to no avail.

How do get the UMC to charge at 10/15A instead of 8/12? The tails say 10 and 15A respectively, the outlet can do 10A, there doesn't appear to be any voltage drop.

I've tried setting the SOC limit so it charges to that and then add 1%, some people have said that this triggers a software update to allow full rate charging.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

he is not wrong although it would be even shorter for those in Melbourne who ordered LR that was on Grand Eagle. Some of them received four weeks ago. So your LR may not have been the Quickst lol