Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s next…
WIR and bathroom??

If anyone is looking for ideas as to “modifications” or accessories. I recently bought these from Alibaba. They arrived today and are exactly as described in the posting.

AU $298.69 40% Off | for Tesla Rear Seat Bracket Folding Table Board Laptop Sundries Drink Table Bracket Mobile Phone Charging Multi-Function Goods

I have ordered a Y SR with FSD for Aug-Nov delivery (fingers crossed). I have been looking a bit through the source code on the reservation page, and found this

"removeFsdKeepFreeBasic":"Yes, remove Full Self-Driving (##selfDrivingPrice##) and keep Autopilot. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle."

Which is a hidden field in the "AcceptDelivery" function.

Having not ordered a Tesla before, I am assuming this function becomes available after VIN allocation and just before delivery? Have other Tesla owners seen this prompt and can confirm that they can opt out of FSD "at the last moment"?

Even though probably overpriced, I am inclined to get FSD, but it would be good to know that I could change my mind just before delivery without risking changing any configuration right now and loosing the Aug-Nov slot.

I've read somewhere around here that adding this after delivery pushes you to the back of the queue. Two things to keep in mind: it can be added after delivery, and doing that reduces the overall cost as you avoid other taxes.
So based on VIC registration a base RWD jumps from $78,114 drive away to $83,424 when Enhanced Autopilot is added. $78,114 + $5,100 = $83,214 - so a couple of hundred cheaper if purchased down the track. Someone else on here also mentioned that buying it later means you have the 48-hr period to cancel if it's not what you expected / change your mind.

I have ordered a Y SR with FSD for Aug-Nov delivery (fingers crossed). I have been looking a bit through the source code on the reservation page, and found this

Which is a hidden field in the "AcceptDelivery" function.

Having not ordered a Tesla before, I am assuming this function becomes available after VIN allocation and just before delivery? Have other Tesla owners seen this prompt and can confirm that they can opt out of FSD "at the last moment"?

Even though probably overpriced, I am inclined to get FSD, but it would be good to know that I could change my mind just before delivery without risking changing any configuration right now and loosing the Aug-Nov slot.
(Previously replied to the wrong thread)

I've read somewhere around here that adding this after delivery pushes you to the back of the queue. Two things to keep in mind: it can be added after delivery, and doing that reduces the overall cost as you avoid other taxes.

I don't understand what you mean. How does adding FSD after delivery put you to the back of the queue when you've already got the car?
I think he meant before delivery, which is what I read also. But my question is that since this dialog option is in the "accept delivery" function, would it influence the delivery date? At this point, the car should have been built, VIN assigned and is sitting somewhere either on a boat or already at a Tesla location.

I think he meant before delivery, which is what I read also. But my question is that since this dialog option is in the "accept delivery" function, would it influence the delivery date? At this point, the car should have been built, VIN assigned and is sitting somewhere either on a boat or already at a Tesla location.
Accepting Delivery happens when the car is actually in your possession.

Hard to see why you'd want to remove FSD at this point though. Maybe if you remove it before formally accepting delivery, you can be refunded for it and the LCT on the FSD price, then re-add it later?

Accepting Delivery happens when the car is actually in your possession.

Hard to see why you'd want to remove FSD at this point though. Maybe if you remove it before formally accepting delivery, you can be refunded for it and the LCT on the FSD price, then re-add it later?
From the form, it looks like it is at the point where you enter your payment details / before the final invoice, i.e. the "Finalise payment 48hrs prior to your delivery appointment" thing.

I am intending to keep it, just wanted to know that if all the negative experiences here in the forum finally do sway me against it, I still have the option to remove it :D

LCT wouldn't be an issue next financial year. Y SR with no extra options other than FSD will fall below the LCT limit in my state (ACT)

In accessories news I got this delivered today. Ordered from evseadapters.com. Was about $130 after currency conversion. Seems sturdy and well built. Took about 2 weeks for delivery.

Attachments

• PXL_20220628_023607265.jpg
    PXL_20220628_023607265.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 76
  • PXL_20220628_023545364.jpg
    PXL_20220628_023545364.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 44