Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the confirmation today that FSD was removed from my car and the EDD has not changed (Aug-Nov). I initially ordered it with FSD, but after reading the reports here on how sketchy NOA is on Australian roads, I decided against it. Even if the price increases later, I rather wait until it works reliably before commiting. My only concern was that any change would put be at the back of the queue, which doesn't appear to be case.

Why would you want to add Autopilot prior to delivery? You just pay more delivery and stamp duty costs. Buy it when you pick up the car.
To add to this, if you haven't had a Tesla before, I would recommend driving the car for a while before deciding whether Enhanced Autopilot or FSD is for you.

My experience is that TACC is the worst distance capable cruise control that I've driven, and I trust my 18 year old daughter on her Ls more than I trust Autopilot in driving the car. When you add to this the feedback from others how the Enhanced Autopilot features work, I wouldn't be shelling extra $ for the privilege of being a lab rat tester.

To add to this, if you haven't had a Tesla before, I would recommend driving the car for a while before deciding whether Enhanced Autopilot or FSD is for you.

My experience is that TACC is the worst distance capable cruise control that I've driven, and I trust my 18 year old daughter on her Ls more than I trust Autopilot in driving the car. When you add to this the feedback from others how the Enhanced Autopilot features work, I wouldn't be shelling extra $ for the privilege of being a lab rat tester.
Yeh, still hard to understand why Tesla can't get this TACC right and it was often dodgy with my model 3. From memory, wasn't removing radar and going vision only meant to fix everything like phantom braking etc?. Don't understand why removing radar would be a good move at any time. The EQA TACC works well as expected and it uses radar un doesn't suffer the phantom braking events etc. The problem for the Merc is that they not propeller heads and software updates are virtually non existent...particularly in Australia. I do really like the ride height of the EQA and also the Y . The extra room in the Y over the EQA & M3 is a big plus.

Why oh why did they mothball this colour? It is amazing.
I would have picked the silver as well if that was on offer

Dont know why they call the y silver when its clearly grey

Pretty disappointed with the y colours

Ordered blue as thats my fav colour but dont love it and a bit bummed paying $1500 for the colour

contemplating changing to white

No, the RWD 3 and Y have a less powerful motor, there's nothing left to unlock. That's why there are 'unicorn' model 3 RWDs, they had the older gruntier motor and the newer bigger battery pack.
The unicorn and the regular LFP battery SR+ could easily be unlocked. Their motor is completely derated until about 40kmh to the point where a Camry or Subaru will smash you off the lights, for about 30 metres, then it's game over. There's even a 3rd party piggy back add on which will unlock SR+ power and make them something like 1 second faster to 60mph.

Reactions: Nemo83
The unicorn and the regular LFP battery SR+ could easily be unlocked. Their motor is completely derated until about 40kmh to the point where a Camry or Subaru will smash you off the lights, for about 30 metres, then it's game over. There's even a 3rd party piggy back add on which will unlock SR+ power and make them something like 1 second faster to 60mph.
For the old SR+ with the 980 motor..not for LFP or with the Chinese 3d6 or 3d7 motors.

PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT

The Boost SR module increases the performance of the Tesla Model 3 SR+ with the 980 motor.

Compatible with :
Tesla model 3 SR + with the 980 motor

Not compatible with : LFP battery and/or 990 motor / Tesla Model 3 LR RWD

Reactions: Maximillan
Screenshot_20220717-160134_Chrome.jpg