Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Viking will set sail today hopefully. But the vinless only hope is Crystal, not sure how many cars are allocated already but for any space leftover. hopefully new MY will make there way aka vinless
Tesla used to only upload VIN's to peoples accounts after the ships left port. So there is hope that after Viking Passama leaves more VIN's will pop up in peoples accounts.

But with that huge number of Model 3 VIN's dropping last week, I think Viking Passama will be mostly Model 3's.

So I agree, Morning Crystal maybe almost all Model Y's. But if thats the case, you would expect to either see VIN's assigned out today/tomorrow. Or no VIN's will get assigned out, and they may appear on peoples accounts after the ship leaves Shanghai (which is what used to occur).

We need Vedaprime to shed light on it :p

i am starting to lose hope for this quarter , i am just cursing myself for waiting to let my other half know before ordering the car . I saw orders opened at 10:40 but ordered at 11:15 :(

Don't loose hope.

Tesla Australia said they are expecting to sell 20,000 cars by the end of the year.
So there has to be more shipments with Tesla's on them to meet that target.

Reactions: moa999
Tesla used to only upload VIN's to peoples accounts after the ships left port. So there is hope that after Viking Passama leaves more VIN's will pop up in peoples accounts.

But with that huge number of Model 3 VIN's dropping last week, I think Viking Passama will be mostly Model 3's.

So I agree, Morning Crystal maybe almost all Model Y's. But if thats the case, you would expect to either see VIN's assigned out today/tomorrow. Or no VIN's will get assigned out, and they may appear on peoples accounts after the ship leaves Shanghai (which is what used to occur)
This aligns with my assumptions too. Especially since the M3 orders from I think Dec to Feb LR and P were mainly filled.

Don't loose hope.

Tesla Australia said they are expecting to sell 20,000 cars by the end of the year.
So there has to be more shipments with Tesla's on them to meet that target.

no i am sure my car would be here by Xmas , but just said lost hope for this quarter which is by end of sept

So I agree, Morning Crystal maybe almost all Model Y's. But if thats the case, you would expect to either see VIN's assigned out today/tomorrow.
I think that’s the most likely outcome. If we don’t see vins in the next few days, we’re waiting until next quarter. But I am optimistic that they will have some Y’s ready otherwise they wouldn’t have front loaded all the Perth orders. You wouldn’t front load them if there wasn’t 2 ships within a few weeks of each other.

I think that’s the most likely outcome. If we don’t see vins in the next few days, we’re waiting until next quarter. But I am optimistic that they will have some Y’s ready otherwise they wouldn’t have front loaded all the Perth orders. You wouldn’t front load them if there wasn’t 2 ships within a few weeks of each other.

Veda Prime said somewhere (Whirlpool, TMC or Twitter) that there will be Tesla’s on the three shipments. They have much more behind the scenes info then any of us.

So I’m trusting them that more VIN’s will get assigned out soon.

It will be interesting to see if the mid August ships will also have Tesla’s on them for Australia?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Maximillan
I'm getting delivery in Brisbane and my EDD still says 6-20 August but as per the comment above some Brisbane orders have had their EDD updated from what mine was to starting from 26th and 27th July.
To tell you the truth I hope mine doesn't change. I'm financing the Y with a Green loan that also includes expanding my solar array and getting a Powerwall battery for the house. This is taking a while though.
I have told them I need the money by 1 August so it gives me a day or two up my sleeve so I can make sure cleared funds are with Tesla 2 business days before my first possible delivery date of 6th August. They said it should all be sorted by then.
But if Tesla push my EDD forward as well I might not have it in time.
Does anyone know what happens in that case? If they give me a delivery time that I can't make due to not having the money yet are Tesla OK with delaying it a week?
Surley they don't just say "Stiff bickies" and give my car to someone else do they if I haven't payed in time.

I'm getting delivery in Brisbane and my EDD still says 6-20 August but as per the comment above some Brisbane orders have had their EDD updated from what mine was to starting from 26th and 27th July.
To tell you the truth I hope mine doesn't change. I'm financing the Y with a Green loan that also includes expanding my solar array and getting a Powerwall battery for the house. This is taking a while though.
I have told them I need the money by 1 August so it gives me a day or two up my sleeve so I can make sure cleared funds are with Tesla 2 business days before my first possible delivery date of 6th August. They said it should all be sorted by then.
But if Tesla push my EDD forward as well I might not have it in time.
Does anyone know what happens in that case? If they give me a delivery time that I can't make due to not having the money yet are Tesla OK with delaying it a week?
Surley they don't just say "Stiff bickies" and give my car to someone else do they if I haven't payed in time.
Oh really? Also in brissy, have a Y on order.
I have some solar, but have been considering doubling it (to 12 k/w, and getting a battery. Whats the green loan include? whats the rate etc.

I have some solar, but have been considering doubling it (to 12 k/w, and getting a battery. Whats the green loan include? whats the rate etc.
You can finance things like electric cars, solar panels, storage batteries and other updates to your house to make it more energy efficient. The interest rate is 2.84%. I don't know a heap more about it as my broker is looking after it all.

Can someone advise when VIN can be issued - i do not really know how does it work

(1) VIN can be issued while car is getting built in Giga Shanghai factory or only after it built
(2) VIN can be issued while car is on-boarding/on ship to destination
(3) VIN can be issued and EDD can be given on same time with anytime during point (1) and point (2)

TIA.

Can someone advise when VIN can be issued - i do not really know how does it work

(1) VIN can be issued while car is getting built in Giga Shanghai factory or only after it built
(2) VIN can be issued while car is on-boarding/on ship to destination
(3) VIN can be issued and EDD can be given on same time with anytime during point (1) and point (2)

TIA.
We all have the same question and hence this forum ..... It's all a mystery with tesla. But with our little data that we have I presume the 1&2

Reactions: blue3030