Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Build Date is 15/08/22.
EDD was 22-30September (Gold Coast)
I was hoping my car was on Paganella, but no result with the VIN on RAV.
EDD has now changed to 8-22 September, yet still no result on RAV to say my car has landed 🤔
EDD changed to 9-14th September now! Hopefully a deliver text message is imminent!🤞Anyone know if any Teslas were unloaded in Brisbane off Paganella?

My trade in car had an incident today where some idiot ended up making a deep scratch with their trolley. Should I cancel my tradein and sell it elsewhere because I may not sure that I will now get a good value after the incident. I don't want to create unnecessary issues for tesla staff as I have heard they are not even looking into the cars when they are beeing traded due to volume of pick ups. Hate to have some poor staff get into trouble for this.

My trade in car had an incident today where some idiot ended up making a deep scratch with their trolley. Should I cancel my tradein and sell it elsewhere because I may not sure that I will now get a good value after the incident. I don't want to create unnecessary issues for tesla staff as I have heard they are not even looking into the cars when they are beeing traded due to volume of pick ups. Hate to have some poor staff get into trouble for this.
How bads the scratch? And what color is the car? Maybe some meguiars scratch x and a foam applicator can hide it a bit.

One of my friend who traded his vehicle yesterday told me they are not even checking the vehicles, it goes straight to whosalers, it's like a gamble on their end they make lot of money on some cars and loose some on some cars. So just basically try and use scratch repair wax and see if you can make it less visible. Most of the dealers who buy cars have in-house repair shops it costs nothing for them to fix these . So you won't be landing anyone in trouble, it's the way it is. Dealers make upwords of 3-5k on each car so don't worry much about them

Has anyone purchased 3rd party Model Y roof racks? I would happily pay for the official ones but they are not available at the moment and need them asap as my car will be a service/maintenance vehicle, where I will need to carry a 6foot stepladder(boot will be full of tools/spares). I purchased a set of roof racks on Ali express, but long story shot is they didn’t show up and I’m having to go through PayPal to try and get my money back. Any recommendations? TIA

Model Y Performance (if ordered today) now won't be delivered until Apr-Jun
1662953612504.png

RWD and all Model 3 variants are still Feb-May

I wonder if that means the Performance model is more popular, or if the build allocation is smaller.

have people been getting the mobile charger with the model Y deliveries
Australian orders placed before the 8th of July should come with the mobile connector and so far all Model Ys delivered here have come with them

In the US Tesla stopped supplying mobile connectors to orders from before their cut-off, and are handing out vouchers instead which can be used towards either a mobile connector or wall connector. That hasn't happened here yet, but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Helpful
Reactions: *Sparkles*