Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @unharmed, any chance that you could post some photos of your red Y after pickup? I'd really appreciate it!
Am seriously thinking about changing the colour of my ordered Y .....
Will do, although all the photos I have seen do not do the red car justice. There was a red one in the showroom in Brisbane when we went for the test ride which really sold us.

Reactions: *Sparkles*
Hey @unharmed, any chance that you could post some photos of your red Y after pickup? I'd really appreciate it!
Am seriously thinking about changing the colour of my ordered Y .....
You must try to find a red MY to see in person. Wander into your local Tesla delivery centre and ask them to show you one.
It's a different shade of red to the M3, and it looks great. I'm kicking myself for not having ordered my MY in red.

You must try to find a red MY to see in person. Wander into your local Tesla delivery centre and ask them to show you one.
It's a different shade of red to the M3, and it looks great. I'm kicking myself for not having ordered my MY in red.
Thanks @Maximillan .... will take your advice and check one out "in the flesh" when I can leave the house (covid).
In the meantime, I'll just have to get my fix looking at the amazing photos that @unharmed sends through tomorrow 😁

By the way, do you know if you can still change your order after a vin is assigned? I figure they would reallocate your car to someone else, but do they cancel your order??

That's leaving it a bit late, Tesla aren't very accommodating when it comes to delivery dates. I'd suggest that you check with Tesla, and better still make your changes before your car is built.
Yes, agree that making the changes before it is built would be the smart thing to do.

I *thought* I had time to decide, as my initial EDD was February - May '23... not sure how I've ended up with a vin, honestly, when so many people (who ordered before me) are still waiting.

Will have to talk to my SA and see what they say, I guess

Last edited:
I have been told by Tesla Perth that my model Y delivery date has been shifted from 4-Sep to 19-Sep then 28th-Sep due to a serious defect( bad luck). Problem here is our family is having a trip which align with original delivery date and we come back home on 7th-Oct. Tesla can not hold the car more than 2 days for us, mentioned that they must deliver all cars by end of Sep. Therefore they offered to deliver the vehicle to my driveway which I don't like as I prefer inspect the car before sign the delivery doc considering not so sure how bad of that defect which take Tesla to fix it for almost 1 month.

Is there any policy like max days which Telsa can hold the vehicle for customers for delivery especially plan changing caused by a fault car?

I have been told by Tesla Perth that my model Y delivery date has been shifted from 4-Sep to 19-Sep then 28th-Sep due to a serious defect( bad luck). Problem here is our family is having a trip which align with original delivery date and we come back home on 7th-Oct. Tesla can not hold the car more than 2 days for us, mentioned that they must deliver all cars by end of Sep. Therefore they offered to deliver the vehicle to my driveway which I don't like as I prefer inspect the car before sign the delivery doc considering not so sure how bad of that defect which take Tesla to fix it for almost 1 month.

Is there any policy like max days which Telsa can hold the vehicle for customers for delivery especially plan changing caused by a fault car?
Check your Order Agreement document. It states that you agree to Tesla giving you a weeks notice to pick up your car, and that if you don't do it within the week that they can assign the car to someone else.

If it's any consolation if there are any issues with it once you get to inspect it, they're pretty good at sorting things. The fact that they've held your car back until the 28th is a good sign that they want to get things right.

Therefore they offered to deliver the vehicle to my driveway which I don't like as I prefer inspect the car before sign the delivery doc considering not so sure how bad of that defect which take Tesla to fix it for almost 1 month.
I suppose you have a few options here.
1 Cancel delivery which will have your assigned vehicle sold to another person and you go to the back of the queue.
2 Have a trusted friend family member pick it up for you or similar with a driveway delivery.
3 Have a professional such as a motor mechanic or panel beater accept delivery for you.

The trusted friend could also be an acquaintance that owns a Tesla, that knows what to look for. Depending on where you live in Australia, you should find someone that will do this for you.

I'll just have to get my fix looking at the amazing photos that @unharmed sends through tomorrow 😁
As I said the camera's (Phone) and the overcast day and lighting does not do it justice. actually the red one in the background is the closest colour match.

Attachments

• 2022-09-22_Tesla_Y.jpg
    2022-09-22_Tesla_Y.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 84
Bit of a surprise, hey?? 😳 Hope your wife isn't tormenting you with happy dances, whilst you wait for your 3 !!!
I'm sitting here arms folded with a weird half smile half grimace.. as long as she shares everything will be fine.

great news too.. because I woke up this morning to a puddle of coolant under my car. Public holiday - have to wait till monday to take it down to the mechanic..

Reactions: *Sparkles*