Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who ordered an MYLR early May received their VINs yet?
I have not seen any (but there was a 27May order which had a EDD 27Jun-17Jul dunno about VIN). But that's possibly because those commenting at the moment are hoping for pre EOFY delivery whereas May builds are likely going to be after 30 June delivery
By the way
With the delays what interest rates are people getting quoted if vehicle is a June delivery . Likely interest rates will rise - 01 Jul

Last edited:
Assuming that mine is on Grand Eagle,
Today my EDD is sticky and remains 16-30 June even after refreshing the Tesla account

MYRWD ordered 1/4
Changed to MYLR zero LCT 4/4
Build date 24/4
RAV 18/5
Mine was sticky too, until today where others had been updated in the past few days. Seems like a staged rollout change.

Today EDD change from same as yours to 28 June - 16 July

Makes sense as the grand eagle won't even dock until the 24th, meaning earliest possible delivery will be on 1 July

MYLR white/black int
Gold coast
RWD order November '22, change to LR on April 4

I ordered our optionless (sub-LCT) LR on 4/4 launch date too and already got vin on 5/5... But we also had Plaids which got canned and TSLA's process refuses to let us apply the credit on our LR cos the Plaids were on a different email address despite same owner....
Tesla just have zero chill on this stuff, don't they? If you were ordering under the same name, and could show you own both email address, it is obviously the same customer. After pulling the Model S out from under you, they really should be going all out to help you into a model Y and keep you as a customer.

Reactions: (crunch)
Assuming that mine is on Grand Eagle,
Today my EDD is sticky and remains 16-30 June even after refreshing the Tesla account

MYRWD ordered 1/4
Changed to MYLR zero LCT 4/4
Build date 24/4
RAV 18/5
Looks like you and I are on the same boat (pun intended) Grand Eagle.

My order was placed 28 January
Build Date 26 April 2023
RAV date of entry 18 May 2023
EDD 12 June to 30 June
Pick-up Sydney, Alexandria
MY Black RWD

It's so hard to get information out of tesla I feel that some of the customer care reps try and help but others don't want to deviate from there script of "your estimated tracking is the most up to date info we have, we expect it to arrive in that Windows unless something happens and it changes"

I really wish their logistics area would give customer care more info. I guess they are also trying to reduce the number of cancellations

Grand Eagle moved back a day to 15th of June at Port Kembla.

Morning Crystal still on the 16th (for now).

Hmm, is it because the arrival is at 11pm 14th so they had put it down 15th?
It looks like Kultus Cove for e.g. has it 14th Evening from that schedule but is 15th June 12pm on Daily Vessel Movements

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 3.23.02 pm.png

Question, payment is done via ETF. My bank, the lovely CBA only allows a max of 20K a day...and the bank account that Tesla make for everyone appears to be unique to the order (via citi) and so the online payment app is wary of it since it has never seen the account before...

what are people doing to pay? will I need to call the CBA...I always prefered bankers cheques and actually handing them over the the dealers who had keys in their hands...

Question, payment is done via ETF. My bank, the lovely CBA only allows a max of 20K a day...and the bank account that Tesla make for everyone appears to be unique to the order (via citi) and so the online payment app is wary of it since it has never seen the account before...

what are people doing to pay? will I need to call the CBA...I always prefered bankers cheques and actually handing them over the the dealers who had keys in their hands...
I got the same message from CBA as well. This is due to tesla opening a brand new account for each person.

What I did was transfer $1 call tesla the next day, confirm it arrived and then sent the remainder in larger batches after getting the confirmation the first payment arrived I.e. to confirm there was no typo or anything else that may go wrong

Reactions: JonDarian

I am doing it via CBA at $20k per payment. Had to have first transaction verified but after that no issues.

I got the same message from CBA as well. This is due to tesla opening a brand new account for each person.

What I did was transfer $1 call tesla the next day, confirm it arrived and then sent the remainder in larger batches after getting the confirmation the first payment arrived I.e. to confirm there was no typo or anything else that may go wrong
Right, so you get a txt, have 2 days to pay and then all this saga starts...

Nothing is easy. 20K is 3 days of effort assuming each time you call next day and the money is confirmed received...

I was planning on making sure it arrives for EOFY and doing the 2 day before payment.

Right, so you get a txt, have 2 days to pay and then all this saga starts...

Nothing is easy. 20K is 3 days of effort assuming each time you call next day and the money is confirmed received...

I was planning on making sure it arrives for EOFY and doing the 2 day before payment.

Similiar to you EOFY is the hard deadline for me so I've paid in full already to ensure if there is any delay it won't be from me.

Additionally I did call them and say if the car won't get here in time can i cancel and get a full refund, they confirmed they will transfer all back except the $400.

But I wanted to make sure I had confirmation of that in a phone call