Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd call that "start unloading in the morning" even though the boat might go in at 23:00. I think that totally makes sense.
Omg! Perfect! I pray it's before EOFY! fingers and toes crossed
I would say don’t keep high hopes, my car was offloaded on 5th in Melbourne and is still sitting at the port with no clearance… EDD has already changed 3 times… today morning after the call EDD was further extended … when I spoke to SA he mentioned , we can’t confirm the exact or even the tentative dates in such scenarios. The only thing is we are moving the dates week by week…. Is there anyone from Melbourne with EDD shift to (23rd June -8th July)…. It’s really frustrating

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
I would say don’t keep high hopes, my car was offloaded on 5th in Melbourne and is still sitting at the port with no clearance… EDD has already changed 3 times… today morning after the call EDD was further extended … when I spoke to SA he mentioned , we can’t confirm the exact or even the tentative dates in such scenarios. The only thing is we are moving the dates week by week…. Is there anyone from Melbourne with EDD shift to (23rd June -8th July)…. It’s really frustrating
Hi there, I am in the exact same boat as you (from Melbourne and exact scenario, EDD). I saw the EDD changed again to 23/6-8/07. Very very frustrating seeing the car was entered in RAV on the 5th, and we can do nothing but to wait. Prior to this morning's change of EDD, I was hopeful to get it before EOFY but now with this date change I doubt it.

My Edd also changed to 'Est. Delivery: June 17 - July 8'
Call tesla and they mentioned it higher chance can get the car within 2weeks if offloading tomorrow (based SYD)
Mine changed this morning too. Chatswood delivery centre. Where is yours?

Sounds like we have parra and alexandria edd unchanged from 11 jun to 30 jun... maybe it's related to certain delivery centre..

Question, payment is done via ETF. My bank, the lovely CBA only allows a max of 20K a day...and the bank account that Tesla make for everyone appears to be unique to the order (via citi) and so the online payment app is wary of it since it has never seen the account before...

what are people doing to pay? will I need to call the CBA...I always prefered bankers cheques and actually handing them over the the dealers who had keys in their hands...
Does tesla bank acc support payid/osko for near real time transfer?

You don’t have to keep making 20k transfers.
The BPay reference number has check digits, so it is extremely unlikely that the $$$ will go into the wrong account.

edit: No Bpay
Does tesla bank acc support payid/osko
Ill use the CC and accumulate some FF points

Sounds like we have parra and alexandria edd unchanged from 11 jun to 30 jun
Mine is Parra delivery centre but 16-30June. Re- confirmed that EDD remained sticky this evening

Last edited:
The BPay reference number has check digits, so it is extremely unlikely that the $$$ will go into the wrong account.
No BPAY on my invoice. Just a Citibank BSB and my RN as the account number. People earlier in the thread were transferring in 20k increments as that is CBA’s default max daily transfer limit. However as I mentioned, this can be overridden with a phone call and increased to 100k for special occasions.

No BPAY on my invoice. Just a Citibank BSB and my RN as the account number
You are correct, i meant the reference number.
Still the RN has check digits, otherwise the bank would not allow it. (All bank account numbers have check digits)

Easy enough to ring bank and say i want to pay a one off of $8x,xxx. Jump through some identification hoops.
Pay the amount then ring back the next day to reduce the banking limit.

It is possible to legitimately use a CC and get points. Im set up ready to go with it.

Last edited:
mine shifted to this date ages ago and hasn't moved since

bummer, when did it change for you?. if today do you remember what time?
Maybe they are progressively changing the EDD for everyone. Im expecting mine to change anytime
Changed at some point today, not sure when. Decided to check when I saw the recent posts...

Still had 30 June EDD yesterday. All but certain everyone's will be changing in the very near future.

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst
Has anyone who ordered an MYLR early May received their VINs yet? Scrolling through the thread I'm assuming no but just in case someone hasnt posted yet.
Another data point.

Ordered MYLR Ext W + opt Int W (just over LCT): 5/5
VIN assigned via invoice. Hidden VIN not assigned.
Last EDD update is today 23/6 to 8/7. was jun 6-27 then jun 17 - jul 04, then jun 18 - jul 03
RAV: 5/6
Need DD and invoice post EOFY due to FBT/LCT rules so will delay.
Requested delivery in july, SA said cant control it.
Latest update is good news.
Don't know which ship. Assume its coming in via PKL and transporter.

HTH someone.

Reactions: lonertic
And it finally happened unfortunately my EDD changed last night. Hope for this Financial Year slowly dwindling away.

My order was placed 28 January
Build Date 26 April 2023
RAV date of entry 18 May 2023
EDD 12 June to 30 June 21 June to 12 July
Pick-up Sydney, Alexandria
MY Black RWD

time so start making arrangements to purchase another vehicle unfortunately, need it this fin year.