Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Phantom braking is commonly reported, but people seem to have varied experiences of it. It is certainly a cause for some concern. When your friend says they came to a total stop from 100kph, does that mean they couldn't override the braking by applying pressure to the accelerator? I have read some users describing it as phantom slowing because they are able to override it almost immediately (which would still be disconcerting), but I've not heard of it forcing a full stop. That sounds less like autopilot and more like the autonomous emergency braking system misreading a threat of collision.
True, I think he pulled over thinking there was something wrong with car. it probably went to 50 or something and he then stopped up

Was speaking to a mate today with a new Dec 22 Model y.

He tells me he no longer uses auto pilot due to twice having phantom breaking. He said it was he thinks some shadows, it was late afternoon.

But one was a total stop from 100kmph on a motorway and he was really upset and Tesla really did nothing....he is really fearful of ever using auto pilot again.

This was I must admit really discouraging to hear.....anyone else hear such stories, I had heard about it years ago, I just assumed it was solved.

I have auto pilot in current ICE car and it has never failed, it is actually amazing. So I was really looking forward to AP on the tesla.
Does it have cruise control, I'm getting very confused. No parking 360 cameras, stopping on the freely. Our Nissan Qashqai parking 360 cameras are amazing. They have cameras on the side mirrors. We only use the camera view when reversing.

I don't know how you could know for sure. If you appear to have jumped the queue, then it is presumably a cancelled order. What are you trying to work out? If it is a cancelled order, the car will still be new, not used.
We work on the eta and don't want a call stating the Tesla is available in a couple of days because everyone is rejecting a reject. I want the Vin experience straight from the factory.

Got tesla email saying we get 3 months free supercharger use if we order and take delivery of performance model between 15 and 30 June 2023...
Hmm... take delivery before 30 June... really??? Lol
You just need to really, really want. So long as you've been good, and you cross your fingers and wish on your favourite star....

Actually, there is at least on MYP being delivered to a user here in a really short timeframe, so it might be possible. I am not sure that three months supercharger access if enough of an inducement to override other considerations, though

We work on the eta and don't want a call stating the Tesla is available in a couple of days because everyone is rejecting a reject. I want the Vin experience straight from the factory.
Fair enough if you will be away and can't take delivery. If you are away a lot, the same thing could happen if you get a "factory VIN" instead of "cancellation VIN". I guess you could let them know when you aren't available, and ask to slide back a little in the queue. Remember also that you are allowed to nominate someone else to collect the car for you.

Received my car yesterday (well, my neice picked it up for me as I'm os) , myrwd white/black/Gemini ordered 8/12/22. Built 21/4/23 original deliver window Feb to May 2023, Southport - gold coast delivery centre. My neice said staff tried to push her out the door quickly. I had given her an inspection checklist and they told her not to bother and she was wasting their time as the car has a warranty.

It's probably lucky I wasn't there as I wouldn't accept that sort of nonsense. We have a right to take reasonable care (and time) to ensure the car is in acceptable condition when taking delivery. I know we have a week to report defects but I will not be back in Australia until after the week has expired.

It was disappointing that I missed the unboxing and the treatment of my neice at delivery was unacceptable. For those who have waited longer than me I hope you get your vehicles soon.

Whilst I have hated the whole big red ribbon approach to car deliveries in the past at least those car makers a making an effort with regards to customer service. Tesla unfortunately has a lot to learn as customer service since ordering 7 months ago has been for the most part non existent.

Whilst I have hated the whole big red ribbon approach to car deliveries in the past at least those car makers a making an effort with regards to customer service. Tesla unfortunately has a lot to learn as customer service since ordering 7 months ago has been for the most part non existent.
It's a thing with Tesla. I've heard the delivery process leaves a lot to be desired (we haven't got ours yet), but to offset that, the ordering process is refreshingly positive IMO. No pressure from commissioned sales people, no concerns about whether you could have done a better deal. We've owned 'so called' luxury vehicles for many years and the sales experience was more often than not, very ordinary. And then... when we pick it up we have to try and undo the knot in the blue ribbon LOL.

Reactions: houdini
It's probably lucky I wasn't there as I wouldn't accept that sort of nonsense. We have a right to take reasonable care (and time) to ensure the car is in acceptable condition when taking delivery.
Damn straight. That is really poor form on Tesla's part. I assume they are under pressure to deliver as EOFY approaches, but still...
I agree that the communication after ordering is really bad.

There are at least some reports of better delivery experiences, where people weren't rushed and the staff were polite.

I hope your trip goes well and you return to a good car that does everything you expect. At least Shanghai build quality is supposed to be good.

My neice said staff tried to push her out the door quickly. I had given her an inspection checklist and they told her not to bother and she was wasting their time as the car has a warranty.
This is quite different to the experience a lot of people had mentioned here in that they are left alone with the car for as long as they want and then leave when they're ready. There a few videos of the sydney and melb pickup experience showing this as well. I guess YMMV

the e in ETA and EDD stands for estimated. Estimates are always wrong -

Advances in Experimental Social Psychology

The best approach is to just sit back and wait, expect the worst date mentioned and be pleasantly surprised by the better than expected. If you want something different or guaranteed then buy a car instock from a yard where you can drive it away the next day. Otherwise its all a best guess scenario.

Anyone waiting for Perth deliveries via Lavender Ace? I can see it docked this morning at Freo and should start unloading the Perth batch soon.
What delivery time can I expect from ship arriving in Freo to delivery schedule text?

Still not sure if its correct as compared to others it seems too quick, I ordered (MY RWD) on 25th May, VIN assigned with Rego paperwork sent on 29th May. Now it seems the ships at the dock....

Anyone waiting for Perth deliveries via Lavender Ace? I can see it docked this morning at Freo and should start unloading the Perth batch soon.
What delivery time can I expect from ship arriving in Freo to delivery schedule text?

Still not sure if its correct as compared to others it seems too quick, I ordered (MY RWD) on 25th May, VIN assigned with Rego paperwork sent on 29th May. Now it seems the ships at the dock....
That is quick. It sounds like you nabbed a cancellation.