Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 17th Jan, MY RWD Blue with white Interior, Gemini. On GE, 18/5 on RAV, finally pick up on 8th July, Alexandria. I might see you guys during pick up:)No UMC is fine. I got most accessories that I need that I bought months ago☺️and it will be ceramic coating applied on the 1st day, I'm going to use hybrid ceramic wax from Meguaire

Might see you there 👍

Reactions: BabyTyrone
MY delivery on 8th July as told by my SA. Thank God, I got the right SA that tells me what I need to know.
Ordered 17th Jan, MY RWD Blue with white Interior, Gemini. On GE, 18/5 on RAV, finally pick up on 8th July, Alexandria. I might see you guys during pick up:)No UMC is fine. I got most accessories that I need that I bought months ago☺️and it will be ceramic coating applied on the 1st day, I'm going to use hybrid ceramic wax from Meguaire
That product is a spray on wax. It is not a ceramic coating. If you are lucky it may last between washes.

Reactions: BabyTyrone
That product is a spray on wax. It is not a ceramic coating. If you are lucky it may last between washes.
Have used the blue Meguairs hybrid ceramic stuff a bunch - it definitely lasts between several washes. For those using it, dry the car, spray on, and wipe off with a clean cloth. The wet car, spray on, rinse off method does not last as long.
Definitely not a proper ceramic coating though.

In other news, also got my delivery notification yesterday for pickup in Canberra. Dates offered were between 11-13 July, with multiple time slots each.

Getting mine 11 July.. ordered 10 Dec 2022.
Alexandria pick up.. i was checking the site every day.. for like a month it was getting pushed back every monday for another week.
Also notice there are a number of model y inventory..some poor people had to give up. They seem to get picked up pretty quickly too.
I only called up because of my lease company guy said some other customers got theirs early when they call.

Still cant see car VIN being updated at RAV, delivery estimated date is still July 4 - July 25.

I suspect none of the Turandot's cars have been uploaded in RAV yet.
Hmmm, curious. There hasn't been the flood of posts on this forum associated with Turandot. It was strange that this vessel was "rushed" into port ahead of others in waiting. I wonder what's going on here.

Talking to wife - we're about to cancel. Red RWD sitting at PK dock will soon be available for an Aug delivery.

I can deal with delays, I can't tolerate the arrogant/carefree attitude of "oh well....cancel...someone else will buy it...we don't care"
i had the same experience. The staff are very arrogant and dont care about customers. I have left 1 star reviews on productreview, trustpilot and google. I would suggest you to leave reviews as well.
As for them, it wont matter as losing one or two customers like us they still get 100s new every month. but we will be doing the right thing by leaving the reviews.

Hmmm, curious. There hasn't been the flood of posts on this forum associated with Turandot. It was strange that this vessel was "rushed" into port ahead of others in waiting. I wonder what's going on here.
My guess would be the ship got priority to unload, but the people that check/register the car are still working through the current queue? I honestly have no idea how Docks work. Maybe someone on here might be able to shed some light on the inner workings of ports!

My guess would be the ship got priority to unload, but the people that check/register the car are still working through the current queue? I honestly have no idea how Docks work. Maybe someone on here might be able to shed some light on the inner workings of ports!
It gets more interesting. Another vehicle carrier was rushed into Appleton dock ahead of the queue: Dover Highway. Turandot seems to have been towed to an Anchorage point in the bay. Perhaps some inspection has occured at Appleton dock but no unloading? It would be a long inspection.

i had the same experience. The staff are very arrogant and dont care about customers. I have left 1 star reviews on productreview, trustpilot and google. I would suggest you to leave reviews as well.
As for them, it wont matter as losing one or two customers like us they still get 100s new every month. but we will be doing the right thing by leaving the reviews.

I've found it varies by person as with most companies.

My Sales Advisor from Chatswood is kind've a jerk and caused me lots of grief (Not sure if he works there anymore since he never answers his phone or seems to respond to messages), but I wish that he didn't put it upon himself to make himself my SA purely from being the person there when I asked some questions. A couple of his colleagues at Chatswood have been really nice and the manager down there has been very nice as well from personal experience.

The vast majority of people I've dealt with from Alexandria were great as well.

Finally! Received the SMS last night. Two dates available to pick (14 & 15 July). Happy to have the Saturday available so I won’t need to take a day off from work.

I’m holding off on paying the final invoice. I reckon they’re going to issue a new invoice after 1 July to remove the LCT on my current invoice.

MYLR / White Paint / Black interior / 20’’ Induction Wheels
Order Date: 14/4/23
Vin Assigned & Final Invoice Received: 23/5/23
Built: 6/5/23
1st EDD: June 19 - June 30 (Brisbane)
2nd EDD: June 29 - July 20 (Brisbane)

IMG_4884.jpeg

Reactions: MYLRSC
My Model Y LR delivery from Grand Eagle has moved to July 21 - August 11.

Sounds like Tesla is beginning to have more of an idea than before. All of us on Grand Eagle & Morning Crystal had basically the same delivery estimates.

Now you have a bunch of people from both ships who have been given delivery pickup options while the rest of us have been pushed to varying dates between July & August. Mine is July 17 - August 7, someone posted July 15 - August 5 and someone I saw posted July 19 - August 9 so it sounds as if Tesla is beginning to know in what order these are going on trucks.

Sounds like Tesla is beginning to have more of an idea than before. All of us on Grand Eagle & Morning Crystal had basically the same delivery estimates.

Now you have a bunch of people from both ships who have been given delivery pickup options while the rest of us have been pushed to varying dates between July & August. Mine is July 17 - August 7, someone posted July 15 - August 5 and someone I saw posted July 19 - August 9 so it sounds as if Tesla is beginning to know in what order these are going on trucks.
You're likely right. I pinged my SA about the date range and they replied "Not too far off now!". 🤣

what i noticed was RWD were ordered in Nov and Dec 2022 were on morning crystal (which was docked after Grand Eagle) and LR which were ordered in Apr 2023 were on GE.
I booked RWD in Nov 2022 (build date was 14-4-2023 and was scheduled for 28 June - 17 July and my friend whom I referred ordered LR on 5 April 2023 (build 25 April 2023) have the delivery later today.. I raised this question with Tesla SA and she escalated to HO. I think they are planning to hold the LR delivery and complete RWD until the order dates are matched.

what i noticed was RWD were ordered in Nov and Dec 2022 were on morning crystal (which was docked after Grand Eagle) and LR which were ordered in Apr 2023 were on GE.
I booked RWD in Nov 2022 (build date was 14-4-2023 and was scheduled for 28 June - 17 July and my friend whom I referred ordered LR on 5 April 2023 (build 25 April 2023) have the delivery later today.. I raised this question with Tesla SA and she escalated to HO. I think they are planning to hold the LR delivery and complete RWD until the order dates are matched.

Has your delivery been scheduled or were you pushed back as well?

My order was early January for a RWD and I was on Morning Crystal with a 14/04 build, so I think you're right.