Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this where i need to wait before i go there to do a full check of the vehicle before clicking 'Accept Delivery' in my account?
Before you even get to see the car you need to Accept Delivery.
They don't ask for ID - just your name, then they ask you to click accept delivery. Only then do they take you to the car

My time slot was 10:30 am today. But I turned up at 10:10 and was let in. So turning up early is OK. And I'm sure if a little late it's Ok too.

There were 25 cars at Parramatta at the delivery centre. Only a few parking spots empty - I assume those cars were taken today.

SoC was 99%. They start charging the vehicle based on the delivery time slot as the Gen3 wall chargers are on one wall. As the delivered cars leave they move the next car on the delivery list into the 4 charging bays.

Note after driving off, the cruise control needs about 30 minutes of driving to calibrate so you can't use cruise control or Autopilot during that time

It gets more interesting. Another vehicle carrier was rushed into Appleton dock ahead of the queue: Dover Highway. Turandot seems to have been towed to an Anchorage point in the bay. Perhaps some inspection has occured at Appleton dock but no unloading? It would be a long inspection.
Just looked on Google satellite. It seems that Webb Dock is where all the cars are being unloaded to. It’s also where RoRo are headquartered.

Appleton dock doesn’t have any cars in the current images on google.

If this theory is true, we will see Turandot back on the schedule to dock again at Webb docks. Bergamot Ace is heading directly to Webb Dock. We will see if the cars of the BA crew cars rock up on RAV.

Finally have my time slot - MY LR on GE for Alexandria

1688102385162.png

Hi guys, perhaps I shouldn't even be in this thread now because we picked up our MYLR on Wednesday morning. Cut me some slack. Our experience so far...

DELIVERY: As with the ordering process it was good I thought. Nothing like any other vehicle I've bought but quick and to the point. Pickup was Tesla Pinkenba QLD (Brisbane). In at 11am out at 11.25am.

THE CAR: MYLR, white with black and induction wheels. The car was clean and in good condition. No faults found except the bonnet being ever so slightly lower than the guards. Probably an adjustment but nothing to worry about. Inside was, to our eyes, in perfect condition. Tesla has a reputation for poor build quality, well maybe in the USA but it appears the Shanghai (Chinese) RHD variety are damn good.

DRIVING HOME: Holy cow! Sensational comes to mind. We test drove a vehicle before buying but the vehicle is way better to drive than I'd imagined. The quietest drive I've ever experienced on the road from Brisbane to Noosa easily exceeding our BMW X5 with double glazed windows. Our current car, Mercedes Benz E class diesel isn't in the same league. Performance wise (we have the LR) is sensational but to be truthful, it's very rarely needed if you're a half decent driver. Handling is great too but there is definitely a learning curve in the overall experience. getting used to everything being controlled from the screen is strange at first but I'm sure it'll be easy with experience.

I might pop back in here to give an update later but for all of you still waiting, don't despair, delivery will come soon enough and I promise the wait was worth it.

Last edited:
I've recieved a SMS with a link to book for delivery, which I clicked and booked for 13th of July 5:00PM in Canberra.

The strange thing is that I only got an EDD this morning and no VIN number appeared anywhere. Is this normal that I can book an actual delivery date without a VIN number assigned? I'm confused.. Thanks.

Congratulations!

I'm picking up from Alexandria too. How difficult is the place to reach on public transport? Looks as if Green Square station is closest.
I just got an uber into the city........ I didnt want to deal with PT after everything else - especially getting from work during EOFY.

Now the car's at home and its updating - so im kinda lost while it does its thing.. i cant play with my new toy 😅

I just got an uber into the city........ I didnt want to deal with PT after everything else - especially getting from work during EOFY.

Now the car's at home and its updating - so im kinda lost while it does its thing.. i cant play with my new toy 😅

Not keen on public transport either, but I'm up on the Central Coast, so an Uber from here would probably need me to mortgage the house lol.

Very envious you have yours already. Can't wait......

• Funny
Reactions: Epping2023
By the way, does anyone other than me still not have any "Payments" tab showing in the app or Tesla online account?

Other than receiving a text message from Tesla saying a payment was received, it's kinda unnerving having nowhere to view the actual payments made.

Also, has anyone officially confirmed the RWD's are now coming with comfort suspension and the April build Tesla's have USS?

everything being controlled from the screen is strange at first but I'm sure it'll be easy with experience.
The screen is for settings, the stalks, scroll wheels and voice command are for driving. You should not have to touch the screen while driving. Have a good read of the manual in the "driving" section. It's reallly worth getting to know the many functions available to you through the physical controls.