Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Availability of 2022.45.11 containing FSD 11.3.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it safe to assume that 2022.45.11 that contains 11.3.2 will be made available to all who requested participation in the Beta?
TeslaFi indicated close to 400 got this version as of yesterday.
Is that an indication already is it rolled out to all?
If not what is the threshold?
I see cars with odometers ranging from 1500 to 200000 miles got it so a combination of new and old cars.
Thank you,

Is it safe to assume that 2022.45.11 that contains 11.3.2 will be made available to all who requested participation in the Beta?
TeslaFi indicated close to 400 got this version as of yesterday.
Is that an indication already is it rolled out to all?
If not what is the threshold?
I see cars with odometers ranging from 1500 to 200000 miles got it so a combination of new and old cars.
Thank you,
One can only speculate of course. Elon said it was going wide this past weekend. It looks like 11.3.2 showed up sometime between Saturday night and Sunday morning. I'm guessing Tesla will roll it out in waves. My car did not get the update as of 8am Sunday morning. Will check again 8am this morning.

There are a lot of cars on FSD beta so it will probably take a while for all of them to get pushed the update.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
image.jpg

Do you get a notification via the app when there is new sw to release or is it only inside the vehicle?
App.

One other thing that is going to really piss me off…

Especially because it reminds me of the nanny aspect of our Subaru (we’re going to protect you from yourself because we don’t like you turning off the settings):

image.jpg

So Tesla isn’t gonna let you turn on minimal or no lane changes unless you reset it every stinking time you drive the car…

The one thing that drives me crazy about many manufactures is that they play that game because they don’t want you configuring the car out of their preferred settings.

(In the case of Subaru, they bury certain settings four or five screens deep, and they don’t want you to change them… And they reset every time you drive the car.)

The one potentially dangerous thing I saw this morning was that the car wants to change lanes all the time and there is significant heavy traffic in this area. In general are human beings going to do a better job knowing whether it’s a good idea to be changing in and out of lanes… Or in my case, stay in one lane in the crappy traffic and get through the drive. FSD v11 wants to do that for you and doesn’t want to encourage you to tell the car how you want to proceed during your drive. (Otherwise that setting would be remembered, and wouldn’t reset itself every drive.)

… and then it displays that craptastic message when you take over control due to a sudden lane change.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
For the last 2 or 3 updates, I have not gotten notifications via the app. I have had to check in car to see it. Not sure if this will be the same or not.
Check the notification settings in the app. An update may have changed them. You should always get software update notifications if the setting is enabled. If you’re not getting any notifications from the app, also check your phone OS notifications for the app.

I’m unclear why it takes that long to roll it out. In todays day and age even 1M simultaneous downloads it’s nothing. Many online services do few hundreds million request per second routinely :-(
It’s not that Tesla can’t update more cars at the same time, it’s that they choose not to. One reason is to prevent propagation of nasty bugs that might be discovered after they start releasing a new build.

It’s not that Tesla can’t update more cars at the same time, it’s that they choose not to. One reason is to prevent propagation of nasty bugs that might be discovered after they start releasing a new build.
Yes. 10.3 was one of the first large scale examples of this, but there have been more.

Tesla could and has had massive pushes (holiday update) where most got the update at the same time, but they typically choose not to do that.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve