Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Availability of 2022.45.11 containing FSD 11.3.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla isn’t gonna let you turn on minimal or no lane changes unless you reset it every stinking time you drive the car…

One of the reasons I want automatic lane changing turned off.)
Was discussed months ago.

Part of the price of progress I guess? Need to force people to try it out and see how it impacts safety or whatever.

I predicted it would make people upset and that it is likely temporary, sticking around until NOA people get the new stack on the freeway (a much larger group, who will be irate about losing this feature of being able to stay in a lane).

Of course, this could be a little while, since the new system must be shown definitively to be safer before that expansion could occur, which will take a lot of miles.

So get used to toggling it off! At least you don’t have to go to the menus!

Last edited:
I understood that I should like the fact that receiving refined version later is a good option, however ,I felt frustrated after spending so much for the FSD feature (reason I waited to buy it until this year so that I can get the FSDb that is already went wide last year) and owning the car more than month still didn't get the feature install. My MYLR 2023 stuck at 2022.44.100 factory version since February 9th.

Looking at this particular upgrade it appears it is going much slower than others.

From the various charts in TeslaFi, on past FSD upgrades, the pattern is approx 3000 cars upgraded in first 3 days (that is cars registered with TeslaFi).

With this particular upgrade it’s at only 600 of the cars on TeslaFi in first 2 days.
This might be good news meaning there is still hope for some of us:)

But it also means that instead of an average of 3 days wait it could be 10 days to get to the same number of cars as in prior updates.

My car is still on 10.69.25.1 never was updated to 10.69.25.2. Periodically tried to get it to grab the update in the software settings and reboots but never got the update. I assumed they are holding some out for the jump to 11.3.X

Two days now still nothing so patiently waiting.
I've seen alot of cars on TeslaFi going from 25.1 to 25.2, I found this super weird. I've seen a few go from .51 to v11 but most went from 51 to 52. Hope your not in that queue

I got 11.3.2 on sunday days.. the first time I have ever gotten an update sooner than others.
I think it's way better than. 10.69 version.. new ui features are also better.

I am not a professional youtuber... but had made a video to give a demo

Does your car have USS? I'm really interested to see a video from someone who can demo the vision based parking functions so we can see if they're actually any good.

A few things are gonna drive me bat *sugar* crazy… …and it keeps asking you if you turn off auto pilot if there was a bad reason for it, which is getting very old.

The one potentially dangerous thing I saw this morning was that the car wants to change lanes all the time and there is significant heavy traffic in this area. In general are human beings going to do a better job knowing whether it’s a good idea to be changing in and out of lanes… Or in my case, stay in one lane in the crappy traffic and get through the drive. FSD v11 wants to do that for you and doesn’t want to encourage you to tell the car how you want to proceed during your drive. (Otherwise that setting would be remembered, and wouldn’t reset itself every drive.)

… and then it displays that craptastic message when you take over control due to a sudden lane change.
This is a Beta, and Tesla is asking for people to provide information.
Especially about behavior you find dangerous.

If you find yourself annoyed by behavior, or especially if you find it dangerous, yet refuse to provide that information to Tesla, perhaps you don’t want to be in the beta program?

I think that would be a shame, as the more feedback Tesla can get, the better. And you have some good points.

This is a Beta, and Tesla is asking for people to provide information.
Especially about behavior you find dangerous.

If you find yourself annoyed by behavior, or especially if you find it dangerous, yet refuse to provide that information to Tesla, perhaps you don’t want to be in the beta program?

I think that would be a shame, as the more feedback Tesla can get, the better. And you have some good points.
Of course, there are two issue at play for me:

- Once you actually tell them what you think about the behavior... it's still asking you EVERY time you turn off FSD; It's excessive and unnecessary. (Previously, you'd just put your finger on car icon and it would report the situation to tesla WITHOUT further distraction or interaction, I should add.)

- I PAID for FSD. I feel I don't owe Tesla anything to participate in the "Beta." Tesla, in point of fact, owes me. ;)

Don't make me call Illuvatar...

I’m unclear why it takes that long to roll it out. In todays day and age even 1M simultaneous downloads it’s nothing. Many online services do few hundreds million request per second routinely :-(

haha, it's not a throughput or bandwidth issue. It's a rolling release to ensure Tesla can minimize impact if a serious problem were to arise early in the release cycles.

I think tesla is designed such that, when the traffic is slow, it just makes the decision to switch lane to see if it gets any different input... it's looking for more data/diff data points...

I was in traffic jam.. it switched from left most to middle to right most and then it wanted to go back to middle and then lef most... of couse in traffic jam someone had to give the way... but it was stupid... or you can think like a impatient teenager...

I think tesla is designed such that, when the traffic is slow, it just makes the decision to switch lane to see if it gets any different input... it's looking for more data/diff data points...

I was in traffic jam.. it switched from left most to middle to right most and then it wanted to go back to middle and then lef most... of couse in traffic jam someone had to give the way... but it was stupid... or you can think like a impatient teenager...
Yeah.

The concern I have, aside from the rampid switching of lanes, is that it's ILLEGAL to pass on the right.

I've had several situations where my MYP is trying to be an aggressive lead foot and pass on the right. (I'm no angel, but that is something I tend to not do!)

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056