Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it has a lot to do with location too. Not to say Oklahoma City isn’t big, but it’s not going to draw the numbers like I would venture I’m competing with in Tysons, VA outside DC.

My guess, there’s plenty of day 1 reservation holders still waiting at my location.

I agree. I'm thinking someone nearby with an early reservation came up and they are trying to fill the truck. Regardless, I'm very excited. I know there are a handful of 3s in the state already, but I've only seen one on the roads here so far. I can't wait to join them!

Non-owner
Live in Southern California
Reserved: 4/2/2016 Early AM PT
Configured: 6/27/2018
Changed to White Interior: 7/24/2018
Edit button disappeared and payment method turned yellow, requesting details: 8/19/2018

LR AWD non-P
Pearl White Paint
Premium White Interior
18" Aero
EAP, FSD

Finally, it's happening!!

West Virginia (DC area)
Reserved: 4/3/17
Ordered: 6/28/18
Changed to MCR exterior: 7/19
Edit button never available (no trade, cash payment)
Non-owner

LR AWD non-P
MCR
Black Interior
19" Sport
EAP

One month since color change and no VIN, no contact, but it's all good. Existing Nissan lease is up in mid Nov, so the closer we can get to that without going beyond Dec 31 is okay with me.

4/2/16 online reservation
6/28/18 order: AWD non-perf MSM/black interior w aero wheels, EAP
7/24/18 update: AWD non-perf DBM/white interior w aero wheels, EAP
8/17/18 update: AWD non-perf MCR/white interior w aero wheels, EAP
8/19/18 edit button disappeared; trade-in info requested
Delivery estimate still says Oct-Dec 2018

Trading in 2017 Nissan Leaf. Located in Hartford, CT area and planning to pick-up in Mt. Kisco, NY.

We don't know if this is a good sign or not but, we went in later this afternoon and got the "Verify all your Information" screen. After verifying, everything the page went to the "Drafting your contract" page! Edit button is long gone!

Next Steps.jpeg

Hopefully this means things are moving?

Reactions: Myrddin
3/31/16 Day 1 reservation
4/18/18 Invite to configure
8/10/18 Configured. (Non-P AWD, Midnight Silver, Black Interior, Aero, EAP) Est Oct-Dec delivery.
8/14/18 Emailed by an Owner Advisor thanking me for the order.
8/19/18 Payment dots yellow and edit button gone.

Honestly, things seem to be moving along faster than I expected. I've mentally prepared myself for the continued wait... I guess I'll fill out the credit application to see the rate since Seattle area credit union rates suck right now.

Reactions: willa1975
S
4/2/16 online reservation
6/28/18 order: AWD non-perf MSM/black interior w aero wheels, EAP
7/24/18 update: AWD non-perf DBM/white interior w aero wheels, EAP
8/17/18 update: AWD non-perf MCR/white interior w aero wheels, EAP
8/19/18 edit button disappeared; trade-in info requested
Delivery estimate still says Oct-Dec 2018

Trading in 2017 Nissan Leaf. Located in Hartford, CT area and planning to pick-up in Mt. Kisco, NY.
houlda stayed with blue!

Congrats, I'm suppose to pick-up mine Monday (8/20), but as of yesterday, it had not arrived at the Bellevue, WA showroom/service center (NE 20th St)
My Delivery Advisor is out of the office until Tues, so I called the showroom. They said they don't have room to store cars arriving early, and it is scheduled to arrive today. Sale rep. said if I don't hear anything to come on in. I had explained to him that I live 4 hours from the delivery center and I need confirmation of my car's arrival prior to driving over. He did not offer to call and I told him I'd call back then since I wasn't accepting "no news" as confirmation it had arrived...poor customer service when they can't make a freakin phone call:mad:.
I also live about 4 hours from the same delivery center in WA. Once my delivery is scheduled this is my biggest concern, mailing the trip cross state and it not being there/ready/damaged.

Last edited: