Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got called today, interestingly from Downers Grove, IL. I almost didn't pick it up, but it looks Tesla has decentralized their inside sales operation to more regional teams, since I am taking delivery in Minneapolis. I'm pretty sure the white seats are the reason I am getting this car this early -- was prepared to wait until November!

Reservation: January 2018
Configured: 6/27/2018
AWD LR non-P
Deep Blue Metallic
Aero wheels
White interior (changed from black interior on 8/26).
EAP
FSD
Minneapolis, MN
Cash/no-trade
Delivery scheduled 9/22 in Eden Prairie, MN
ISA would not give me a VIN yet, but confirmed a specific vehicle is assigned (why so secretive?)

Reactions: JFW1103
I've been entertaining myself during this wait by using the filtering feature of the spreadsheet. According the the spreadsheet, out of the 32 folks that have the same exact configuration as me (see signature), there have only been 5 deliveries. :( MSM seems to be the most delivered color so far in my configuration. I hope it starts to pick up.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Got called today, interestingly from Downers Grove, IL. I almost didn't pick it up, but it looks Tesla has decentralized their inside sales operation to more regional teams, since I am taking delivery in Minneapolis. I'm pretty sure the white seats are the reason I am getting this car this early -- was prepared to wait until November!

AWD LR non-P
Deep Blue Metallic
Aero wheels
EAP
FSD
Minneapolis, MN
Cash/no-trade
ISA would not give me a VIN yet, but confirmed a specific vehicle is assigned (why so secretive?)
Check your Tesla account. The final MVPA may be attached. It was for mine within two days!

Reactions: Driver X

AWD LR non-P
Deep Blue Metallic
Aero wheels
EAP
FSD
Minneapolis, MN
Cash/no-trade
Apparently I either need to switch to white seats or move to Minneapolis...

Prioritizing cars by subtle person preference on design elements is petty and just shows that they have not matured as a company to place importance on customer service yet. I get prioritizing cars based on significant jumps in cost such as Performance vs AWD vs RWD, but after that they should focus on reservation date, configuration date, and location. Those decisions are majorly effected by peoples finances. Color of interior and wheels are personal preference. The only reason I can see to charge more for White interior is because it likely has a higher scrap rate throughout the production process. So making black interiors would actually be more efficient to keep the production line maxed out. I do wonder with White interior if there is a need to run a bunch of them at once because the entire area must be extra clean during the process of install.

• Disagree
I didn't say anything about the summons gimmick that also crashes until things if your not careful. I was taking about auto parking.

Makes me think fsd won't be ready for a long time or that a it will involve way too much risk for quite some time.

if auto pay might still guy things then i may as well just ok it myself as the only time something like that is useful is when it's a hard spot to fit into.
You mean this "recent" video from 2016?

Which is really annoying, since I was told when the white seats were first made available that switching to them would likely push my order back, possibly to early 2019.

I was told the same thing and made the change anyway because -- in the end -- we wanted the car with the specification we wanted. I never loved the black Tesla M3 seats when we saw it in person at the service center. The only reason I waited so late to make the change was because I was worried it would bump us out to December.

I do think there are much fewer orders of white seats because it costs more and the majority of orders came in before July 1 for AWD, when white was not even an option.