Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla every day for the last week that my account was in this state and they told me "everything's fine" all the way up until they called to cancel.

This is where I'm at. The folks on the 888 number, my ISA, and the OA from our local store have all basically told me everything is fine and to back off. I'm sure they'll all own up to the mistake when my appointment gets canceled.

Call your local delivery center. They can ping the car and also have a delivery arrival estimator that is more accurate than what the DA will tell you.

That's who I called. There is no car to ping. There is no delivery estimate because there is as yet no car being delivered.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife
My VIN is 71XXX for delivery this week. Anyone else getting AWD VINs in this range? I see some of you are in the low 100s.

Mine is 87nnn. Seems like an "early" VIN compared to the 100nnn's were seeing and worried for a bit about why but decided that worrying about such things is not productive or healthy (for me, anyway).

Was scheduled for 9/26 delivery but bumped to 9/30. That bothers more than the VIN :p I was thinking the original day-off mid-week delivery would have been ideal. Now I have to scurry to the appt from my weekend job adjacent to the Hillsboro airport in what is likely to be a mess of air show departure traffic.

Can't imagine what a zoo the last day of the quarter will be.

Mine is 87nnn. Seems like an "early" VIN compared to the 100nnn's were seeing and worried for a bit about why but decided that worrying about such things is not productive or healthy (for me, anyway).

Was scheduled for 9/26 delivery but bumped to 9/30. That bothers more than the VIN :p I was thinking the original day-off mid-week delivery would have been ideal. Now I have to scurry to the appt from my weekend job adjacent to the Hillsboro airport in what is likely to be a mess of air show departure traffic.

Tesla have built 8xxxx VINs as late as August so I wouldn't be too early about it, you can look inside the driver's side door to see when your car was built.

Just got a call from the delivery center that they will be arriving within the hour, first time I've ever had a chance to talk to someone from Tesla. They just wanted to confirm the spelling of my name and made it very clear that they would only be here for about 15 minutes. They expected I had already had the app downloaded and watched the videos. They said ACH would take 30 minutes to show up in their system, so asked I provide a personal check if I wanted to inspect the car before paying.

Reactions: neroden
What is TACC?
Tricia, where you are so close to picking up your car. A useful, very useful hour of your time is to go through the PDF Owners Manual. It will be available in the car via, presumably, PDF on the big screen. But it will be good to know in advance. On the owner summary page in your acct, right above the woman on the right, towards the bottom, is a link to owners manual. It will answer that question and MANY others you will need before you drive off the lot.

Attachments

• tesla.account.png
    tesla.account.png
    388.9 KB · Views: 79
This is where I'm at. The folks on the 888 number, my ISA, and the OA from our local store have all basically told me everything is fine and to back off. I'm sure they'll all own up to the mistake when my appointment gets canceled.
First of all what's the OA? And would you elaborate on them telling you to "BACK OFF"? From a vendor you're giving 10's of 1,000 of dollars to? Back Off??? WTF. This whole situation is of their own making.

Just got a call from the delivery center that they will be arriving within the hour, first time I've ever had a chance to talk to someone from Tesla. They just wanted to confirm the spelling of my name and made it very clear that they would only be here for about 15 minutes. They expected I had already had the app downloaded and watched the videos. They said ACH would take 30 minutes to show up in their system, so asked I provide a personal check if I wanted to inspect the car before paying.
Good news/bad news, huh? Exciting about getting your car, less excited about the delivery process. Please be sure to post how things went, including the ability to pay by check. One OP in San Jose said a former Solar City rep dropped off his car and left by Uber. Not exactly what we should be expecting from a home delivery...

I received an email from Tesla at 12:10am this morning. "Confirming your Model 3 update" was the subject and they attached
a new MVPA that's identical to the previous MVPA except the Date was changed to 9/22/18 where it says "Order placed with electronically accepted terms". Weird, as I didn't make any changes this morning. I still have an edit button on my Login Page but they removed the MVPA under the "Documents" link at the bottom right corner. I'm almost at 3 months since I configured and reserved 4/03/16. First world problem for sure but frustrating nonetheless.
Does anyone have any idea why I would get this email?

First of all what's the OA? And would you elaborate on them telling you to "BACK OFF"? From a vendor you're giving 10's of 1,000 of dollars to? Back Off??? WTF. This whole situation is of their own making.

Remember several pages back you and I were debating ACH'ing Tesla the money beforehand vs bringing a cashier's check? This is the type of behavior holding onto the check vs paying up front grants leverage against.

I know Tesla is in crunch mode, and I appreciate that puts a lot of stress and pressure on their employees. At the same time, they need to realize that we've all been waiting for our cars for a couple of years now, are very excited, and are customers to be treated properly.

I received an email from Tesla at 12:10am this morning. "Confirming your Model 3 update" was the subject and they attached
a new MVPA that's identical to the previous MVPA except the Date was changed to 9/22/18 where it says "Order placed with electronically accepted terms". Weird, as I didn't make any changes this morning. I still have an edit button on my Login Page but they removed the MVPA under the "Documents" link at the bottom right corner. I'm almost at 3 months since I configured and reserved 4/03/16. First world problem for sure but frustrating nonetheless.
hard to say. I got 2 identical emails in consecutive days and called to see what was up. They told me i should be hearing something soon and that was three weeks ago.

Good news/bad news, huh? Exciting about getting your car, less excited about the delivery process. Please be sure to post how things went, including the ability to pay by check. One OP in San Jose said a former Solar City rep dropped off his car and left by Uber. Not exactly what we should be expecting from a home delivery...

Pretty much same experience here, but I also had this expectation already. First thing guy said was it is all hands on deck and he doesn't really know anything except to show me how to get the car in gear. Told him I'm an owner and just show me where to sign. I did the ACH transfer when he texted me he was on his way and he just took the email confirmation as proof. The car itself seems to be perfect, but I'll have to look over it in more detail later on. The temp reg and back license plate holder wasn't installed and the guy said the car just came off the line possibly early this morning. Not sure if I believe that, but the car was clean at least except a few smudges here and there. 1039xx VIN. I signed the papers and he walked around the corner to catch an Uber, told me I have 3 days to find anything and just document it and bring it to the service center. I actually like the fact that the delivery was so simple, but obviously lack of communication is frustrating. Said he is doing about 3-4 home deliveries a day, would think they would be able to fit in more given the little time they spend on each one.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile and ceekz
For me it added my address & phone to the order. It also changed my delivery location to my home address instead of the pickup delivery center. But it’s now changed back to the delivery center after I contacted the IDA. I also asked about VIN/MVPA but no response to that yet. Currently scheduled for 9/28/2018 evening.

Pretty much same experience here, but I also had this expectation already. First thing guy said was it is all hands on deck and he doesn't really know anything except to show me how to get the car in gear. Told him I'm an owner and just show me where to sign. I did the ACH transfer when he texted me he was on his way and he just took the email confirmation as proof. The car itself seems to be perfect, but I'll have to look over it in more detail later on. The temp reg and back license plate holder wasn't installed and the guy said the car just came off the line possibly early this morning. Not sure if I believe that, but the car was clean at least except a few smudges here and there. 1039xx VIN. I signed the papers and he walked around the corner to catch an Uber, told me I have 3 days to find anything and just document it and bring it to the service center. I actually like the fact that the delivery was so simple, but obviously lack of communication is frustrating. Said he is doing about 3-4 home deliveries a day, would think they would be able to fit in more given the little time they spend on each one.

At this point, a quickie delivery sounds good... check the driver's door sill for the date of manufacture.

I received a 707XX VIN that was built this month. Confirmed this with the Monroney sticker my DA sent me.

Reactions: bradl
So I just talked to CS. The lady wasn't very helpful and I'm not even sure if she and I were understanding each other but my understanding is that I don't have a delivery location selected. Maybe this is the reason why I haven't had any movement what so ever. She said I can select this in the tool. Does anyone know where to do this? Can I just call somewhere and have them set it on their end?

So I just talked to CS. The lady wasn't very helpful and I'm not even sure if she and I were understanding each other but my understanding is that I don't have a delivery location selected. Maybe this is the reason why I haven't had any movement what so ever. She said I can select this in the tool. Does anyone know where to do this? Can I just call somewhere and have them set it on their end?

There have been a couple of other reports of this and it was holding up the match/build process.

I have never seen anywhere in the portal that you can select or change your delivery location...