Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got remote s, hadn’t used it before but tried Siri on my watch this morning with it to lock or unlock. Each time when I ask Siri to unlock, it comes back and says it’s accessing my remote s on the watch, then says I need to open the app on my watch and try again. I do this, then it works when I ask Siri.

Funny thing, my wife was in the garage one time when it didn’t work, she said the car made a noise in the front end but it didn’t unlock.

@rawmean, is there any possibility of adding drive details within the app. Ie; drove from home to a certain location and the stats included with that drive such as miles, location, gps logging, power used, etc? Thanks.
I am not sure the app polls the car enough to be able to do this, but I agree it would be nice to have. Though it would take it into TeslaFi territory.

Reactions: UltralightBeam
Correct. I can have a server ping the car frequently and collect the data for every drive segment, but IMO that's too much data and just adds clutter.
Putting my product manager hat on... I’ve had use cases where I’ve wanted to put items on my cars (think bikes on on a rear hitch, roof rack, ski box, etc) and collect energy consumption data and analyze it so I could get more comfortable with the energy consumption associated with hauling this gear - and use that knowledge for planning real trips. I don’t use Teslafi. I can imagine doing on-off pulls of data for these specific drives as being helpful and interesting. Just an idea!

Reactions: C141medic
Correct. I can have a server ping the car frequently and collect the data for every drive segment, but IMO that's too much data and just adds clutter.
I hear you. Perhaps it would also cause vampire drain by polling more frequently. I’m thinking that may have been an issue with one of the other apps T4U I had installed. It was causing me to lose on average 20 miles per day. It would still be nice, in my opinion, to have that data. Maybe it can be user selectable within the app where one would select it if he wants the trip data and is okay with any associated vampire drain. I’m not a big fan of in-app purchases but maybe you can charge a one time nominal fee to add it to the app if the user wants it. Your app is still great though and the stats provided are very helpful.

Reactions: f8K37Sq31
So much better than that tezlab app that I really just don't trust with my data. I just feel like the devs have put their customers through a rollercoaster of 'let me charge you...' to 'free but Imma gonna monetize your data.' attitude... I'd say stick with the top two which would be either Remote S or my favorite, this one.. Stats.

I love this app, its so much faster than the Tesla app. For me, the Tesla app takes a long time to wake up the car and provide control. Stats app on the other hand, is so much quicker. I now default to the Stats app instead of the Tesla app. Good work @rawmean. Looking forward to the next update to include Siri shortcuts for lock/unlock doors and open charge door.

@rawmean

Just letting you know that the feedback here (and your active participation around your app) got another customer in me and my soon to be delivered Model 3 performance (delivered tomorrow). Just bought it through the iOS store this morning.
It's very gratifying to know that other proper find the app useful.
I wrote the app in 2016 when I bought my Model S. I am know waiting for the Mid Range Model 3 that we ordered in October. I hope I get it before the end of the year...
You'll love the car, and hopefully the app.