Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just release the update that includes "Smart Sentry Mode". Enjoy!

upload_2019-3-24_11-52-0.jpeg

I just purchased the app last week. Great app and very impressive!

One question on the Apple Watch complication...how often does it update the remaining battery range? Is it only when I launch the Watch app and connect to the vehicle or does it periodically update on its own?

I just purchased the app last week. Great app and very impressive!

One question on the Apple Watch complication...how often does it update the remaining battery range? Is it only when I launch the Watch app and connect to the vehicle or does it periodically update on its own?
Thanks for using the app. watchOS limits the update rate of complications to about once per 45 min.
I appreciate a quick review in the App Store if you find the app useful and support responsive: ‎Stats: For Tesla Model S/X/3

Something missing is to check the status of the windows and the ability to open or close the windows.

I noticed for example that when exiting the car, the driver might touch one the of windows switches and leave the car with a window open.

Similarly, a passenger, especially on the passenger side, might have open a windows and keep it open before leaving.
However, when the car will locked automatically, there will be no warning to indicate that one the windows is not all the way up.

See Matt Ferrell's review of Stats here (he also has reviews of TeslaFi and TezLab):
Tesla App Review - Stats

Check out Matt's website - Undecided with Matt Ferrell - he is awesome with short, to the point reviews with relevant details.
I love his reviews. Even though this review is only a couple of months old, it doesn't include Smart Battery Prep and Smart Sentry Mode features which I added after his review was done.

Something missing is to check the status of the windows and the ability to open or close the windows.

I noticed for example that when exiting the car, the driver might touch one the of windows switches and leave the car with a window open.

Similarly, a passenger, especially on the passenger side, might have open a windows and keep it open before leaving.
However, when the car will locked automatically, there will be no warning to indicate that one the windows is not all the way up.
Nothing related to windows are included in Tesla API.

I love his reviews. Even though this review is only a couple of months old, it doesn't include Smart Battery Prep and Smart Sentry Mode features which I added after his review was done.
If you ping MF, I am sure he will add one - I believe he creates one video a week.

I am glad you have Smart Battery Prep - I can use it on cold days. First need to get the app - got the car just 2 weeks back!

If you ping MF, I am sure he will add one - I believe he creates one video a week.

I am glad you have Smart Battery Prep - I can use it on cold days. First need to get the app - got the car just 2 weeks back!
Yeah, Matt is great. He knows about it and is actually beta testing pre-release versions of the app. These videos take a lot of effort to produce and at the rate that I'm adding features to the app, it's inevitable that these video reviews fall behind. Congratulations on the new car!

In the widget, the open trunk and open frunk buttons don't offer any visual feedback that they're being touched/have been activated. Also, I don't think the open/closed status of the trunk/frunk are shown.

(I don't love the switch UI used for climate/sentry/lock in the widget, but I don't have a better suggestion -- so perhaps use something similar for trunk/frunk to overload control and status?)

In the widget, the open trunk and open frunk buttons don't offer any visual feedback that they're being touched/have been activated. Also, I don't think the open/closed status of the trunk/frunk are shown.

(I don't love the switch UI used for climate/sentry/lock in the widget, but I don't have a better suggestion -- so perhaps use something similar for trunk/frunk to overload control and status?)
They become highlighted when you tap on them and also provide haptic feedback if your device supports it.